It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Ireland: Residents spot strange UFO lights on May 12, 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here is the latest on Northern Ireland sighting:

Northern Ireland: Residents spot strange UFO lights on May 12, 2007
news.bbc.co.uk...

------

Norio Hayakawa
www.myspace.com...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well it seems to be a genuine sighting, no telling really what the lights were though. Also, under the picture on that website it says "Amateur footage of the lights was taken." So where is the footage? Did I miss it or something... if it is a video then that would be very interesting to see...

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The photograph is labeled _42919939_ufo_bangor203 plus the caption under that photo says "Amateur footage of the lights was taken" so we can assume that the photo shown on that page is a photograph taken of the actual sighting last night in Bangor, Ireland.

Fascinating! Sounds like a lot of people saw it and it will be interesting to find out if anybody else took a photograph of it!

[edit on 13-5-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Sounds a bit like those Chinese Lanterns that have caused a few mistaken reports of UFOs across the UK in recent months.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hi there,
too bad it wasn't a vid.

i wonder what kind off camera was used when this was taken??

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My sister onixx is flying out to that Airport tomrrow night so ill get her to keep an eye on the skys as she flys in,

We have alot of family in belfast so ill see if they have heard anything about it,

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
There was a video of that sighting on the BBC site but it appears the link to the video isnt working for some reason.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I seen this on the News here (i'm in Ireland). The Video is back up on the BBC site.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It's on the right hand side of the page.

Mikey

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Sounds exactly like chinese fire lanterns if you ask me. Check out some videos of confirmed chinese lanterns if you want to get a feel of how they look and move (just like these ones).

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The eyewitness said they were travelling from a western direction then stopped and made made various shapes in the sky , one guy described the shape as a bow i think he said ???...

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hi there Norio Hayakawa. Was wondering if you are the same researcher that overflew that flush-level base in Ca and accompanied Collin Andrews during the Military Helicopter footage of the bright orb incident in Britain? Also the supposed base with the top which emulates a (stealth craft), with a short runway in Ca.

Dallas

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So far this is the only picture I have found of this incident so far. I'll be out tonight armed with my video camera and stuff, just in case.

newsimg.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Here's the video .

It could be Chinese fire lanterns like Drexon explained. You can actually make these lanterns as big and small as you want. I've seen some that we're the size of a car.

Or ufo ballons.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5/15/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A new newspaper article in Ireland about the Bangor sightings. Interesting to hear what some of Ireland's native ufologists are saying about this event.

Belfast Telegraph: We Are Not Alone

Strange lights spotted hovering in the Co Down night sky could be aliens carrying out a surveillance of the Earth - a paranormal expert has claimed.

Betty Meyler, president of the UFO Society of Ireland, made the suggestion that we are not alone after a number of residents in Bangor spotted a series of mysterious orange lights in the sky last weekend.

Air traffic control at Belfast International Airport said it had received reports about the sightings, including one from the Coastguard.

However, the airport said it had no record of any aircraft in the sky at the time.

Ms Meyler, who founded the organisation in 1996, told the Belfast Telegraph these types of sightings are quite rare for Northern Ireland.

"I get at least two or three calls a month from the south about sightings, but not from the north, so this is interesting," she said.

"Most are about lights in the sky, some are in a triangular formation.

"A lot of these sightings take place in megalithic sites, but I don't know what is in Bangor in that respect."

One resident who witnessed the lights described them as "three orange globes".

He said he watched them for five minutes and they then disappeared.

Ms Meyler, who is based in Co Roscommon in the Republic, said: "We believe these extra terrestrials are doing a surveillance of the Earth and when we are ready for it - which we're not at the moment - they will show themselves and they just want to come in love and peace to help us...

[edit on 16-5-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hadn't heard anything about this till I saw it here on ATS.

Not sure what it is, but the patronising nature of the BBC news report is terrible. It seems that these incidents are just to be filed as a little, light "And finally" story. It doesn't help the people who are seriously interested in researching these things at all. You just have to wonder about the agenda of these people.

It could be Chinese lanterns, but why? Could be some sort of secret aircraft, could be anything really from those unfortunately unclear images.

top topics

join