It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Horned Hand Sign: A Misinterpretation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Man, you should have seen how many Texas Longhorns fans i ran into at the Metallica concert in San Antonio 3 years ago. There were almost as many as the Ozzy Osborne concert in El Paso i saw (had Metallica opening for him, actually, along with Celtic Frost) when i was in sixth grade.

I think Jim Breuer is a Longhorns fan, too (he must be a double major or something, since he uses 2 Hook 'Em Horns signs):

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

How many Longhorns fans did you run into on the Whitehouse Lawn, during September 11 memorials?

Oh, wait they must have just caught Bush doing the Longhorns' sign accidentaly...

You guys can't have it both ways. Either Bush is a Longhorns loving fanboy, or he has some sort of nervous devil horn reflex that always appears on film...

Which platform do you choose?

Personally, I think he is sending a hand signal to someone. And that someone could care less about University of Texas football

DocMoreau

(spelling)

[edit on 12/9/2007 by DocMoreau]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Is the longhorn symbol the same as "The sign of Voor" ?
See page 7 (Sign on the left)
liber.us...

If so then the top of page 19 mentions:
- Come forth I command ye by the sign of Power!
- And then the spirit shall appear unto thee and grant thy requests.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Is there actually a "Horned Hand Sign"? I ask this question only because there are many variations of this sign that, to different people and at different times means something totally different.

For example, British Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill was often shown showing the "V" sign using both palm back and palm front.

Example One

Example Two

Now I know this is not the same hand sign as used by GWB but a variation of it, but the fact still remains it comprises of 2 fingers on the same hand pointing up like a pair of horns. My gut feeling is that GWB is having a laugh ( a private joke if-you-will ) when he uses this sign at high profile events, such as when he met the Queen of England.

Another horn sign can also mean "I love you" in sign Language:

Sign Language

[edit on 7/12/2007 by Freelancer]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
As far as the british are concerned, the V symbol has two meanings, one based on palm forward, one on palm backwards.

If you make a V with the palm backwards, it is similar to the "middle finger" salute used by americans in meaning, at least in modern terms - however, it supposedly dates back to the battle of hastings - where there were various threats by one side ( I forget which ) threatened to cut off the bowfingers of the other side upon victory, and after the battle, the bowfingers were proudly displayed as still quite attached to the hands of said archers.

The alternate, with palm forward, supposedly represents V for Victory, especially regarding churchill and his use of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

I would say that the hand sign GWB has used on countless occasions is the same as the 'Voor' symbol you linked to.

I do have to say that the source you linked to, seemed to be a 'primer' in regard to the fictional mythos of HP Lovecraft. Not really a valid 'source' for the hand signs meaning in the real world today. While Lovecraft had a profound effect on Popular Culture since his death in 1937, I am not sure how 'accurate' his mythos is to providing a 'history' of the hand sign.

Perhaps I am off base, but I was always under the impression that the world of Lovecraft was a reality different that our own.
DocMoreau

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Yeah I think you are right about the way the hand faces for the longhorn symbole.......But when has G.W. ever gotten anything right?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Then why oh why are other prominent political figures...ie. the President of France...also doing this sign...dont be a retard, it is what it is

top topics

<< 1   >>

join