Bush's Horned Hand Sign: A Misinterpretation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
By now many have seen this item.

from TAL LEVESQUE'S NEWS REPORT:

BUSH GIVES HORNED HAND SIGN, WHILE POSING WITH QUEEN (Looks like his wife may be doing it too ?)

www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

Don't you hate having a Goof Ball for a President ?

"Go Texas Long Horns !"

Associated Press and Reuters called the Bush hand sign the 'Texas Longhorn or 'Texas UT' symbol.
Why is the Bush family so obsessed with the signal, displaying it dozens of times during both the inauguration and the evening ball?
A few times maybe we could accept, but why this many?
What has Texas sports got do with a national inauguration or in the Photo posing with the Queen ?

Bush says it's the Univ. of Texas "Hook 'em Horns"sign.

www.benfrank.net...

Is Bush giving the Satanic "goat's head" sign...the hand sign of Devil Worshippers :

www.jesus-is... savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/signs_of_satan.htm*****************************

OSLO, Norway - President Bush’s “Hook ’em, ’horns” salute got lost in translation in Norway, where shocked people interpreted his hand gesture during his inauguration as a salute to Satan. www.msnbc.msn.com...

Attached is a Photo of BUSH giving the "W" hand sign (of George "W" Bush ?). * Or is it the Sign of victory in WW III ? Or.....the Evil Reptilian "3 toes" ?

-------------------

Norio Hayakawa
www.myspace.com/noriohayakawa

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have a crush now.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The problem is, this is the actual way that the "Hook em horns" sign is given.

[im]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:zMXIiAGvNJkyeM:www.texassports.com...[/im]

It is the back of the hand that is shown, not the front. In other words, if someone one were to rotate their wrist when they were given the sign that is actually the appropriate manner to give it.

[im]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:lz_1hX3RxV3ZNM:www.texassports.com...[/im]

[edit on 12-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Guys....really?

I have seen the threads here, but i thought that they were fill of idle chatter and didn't look into them. Then i see this one that is new, and thought I would stop by and see what's up.

Do you realize that there are things, culturally, that are not evident to those outside that culture? In Texas, there are three hand symbols that you learn to recognize instantly, and GW showed you one of them. I live in a town with a Steer as the high school mascot, so we use the horns, too. For those curious, there is the Texas Tech Red Raiders and their shooting pistol hand gesture, and the "Gig 'em Aggie's" hand symbol that is basically a thumbs up. Yes, it may be silly, but if you understand Texas football you will understand what he was doing.

BTW, i live near his hometown, have been to his childhood home, even go to Permian games regularly (they play here once a year)....i know the culture he is coming from. He is a Longhorns fan, that is what it means. He was doing the "Hook 'em Horns" symbol, and my son (an avid longhorn fan) thought it was pretty cool.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

BTW, i live near his hometown, have been to his childhood home, even go to Permian games regularly (they play here once a year)....i know the culture he is coming from. He is a Longhorns fan, that is what it means. He was doing the "Hook 'em Horns" symbol, and my son (an avid longhorn fan) thought it was pretty cool.

First of all, Bush is not really Texan. He is from Connecticut and he only claims Texas as his home.

Secondly, you are correct in that the "hook em' horns" symbol and the "satanic" symbol are similar. However, it is my understanding that to properly show the "hook em' horns" symbol, you show the back of the hand, not the front.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

First of all, Bush is not really Texan. He is from Connecticut and he only claims Texas as his home.

Secondly, you are correct in that the "hook em' horns" symbol and the "satanic" symbol are similar. However, it is my understanding that to properly show the "hook em' horns" symbol, you show the back of the hand, not the front.

No sir, that is incorrect.

The former President moved to Odessa, Texas from the Conneticut region in the late 40's. The city of Odessa was just starting to boom (oil), and most of the new laborers lived in a tent city in West Odessa. Funny, West Odessa is still a "tent city" of sorts, but the tents were replaced with mobile homes (many are crappy tinderboxes).

I have pictures of him standing in this Odessa house when he was 3, staring at his Christmas presents for the first time. His mother (then a pretty attractive lady) was holding his hand. His presents included a train set for this particular holiday.

The house makes for a nice addition to the Presidential Museum in Odessa. The Bush family only lived in that house for a year. Senior was a beaurocrat, so there was lots of moving for new positions (such is life as a "spook"), but there were permanent roots established and the presidents have both made several visits (including Junior doing his "kickoff" when he returned to office).

No, not a big fan of him. But you sieze the opportunity to learn history anytime you can get it presented so intimately. Like the Bush's or not, they left a mark on our nation (just hope it isn't a "skid mark...LOL).

The "Hook 'em Horns" symbol was done correctly by the pres. There is not a proper way. Normally it is like such:

And here is Dubya doing his best:

I am a Sooner fan...i hate the "Hook em Horns", and i begrudgingly painted my sons room burnt orange after the Bears lost the superbowl (stupid bets).

[edit on 14-5-2007 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
You are an incredibly intelligent Texan, without a doubt. Sooners fans are everywhere!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
Sooners fans are everywhere!

Sooners suck a big one... Yes, I am a LongHorns fan... Hook em and kill em!!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
The problem is, this is the actual way that the "Hook em horns" sign is given.

It is the back of the hand that is shown, not the front.

I think the person in your picture...if that's their left arm...seems to be giving the sign palm out, aren't they?

This picture is from the same texassports.com site you're referring to:

My experience with Longhorns is that the sign starts out with back of the hand being shown but, the drunker they get, the hand swivels around.

This theory accounts for most of our president's actions during the Queen's visit.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Clinton must have been a LongHorns fan too.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius

My experience with Longhorns is that the sign starts out with back of the hand being shown but, the drunker they get, the hand swivels around.

This theory accounts for most of our president's actions during the Queen's visit.

See...now someone actually understands!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This is sooooo cool! I was just thinking about Norio H., and since John Lear is talking to people, etc., I was just thinking that I would request to have Norio H. have a forum. I saw your videos a few years ago, and you talked about the BEAST, and other topics, and your videos were awesome! So glad that you're here!

Now, back to topic! I know that Bush says that is the Longhorn salute, but it still creeps me out, since it is also a Hail Satan hand gesture! I've never been comfortable with him doing that, and obviously, other people are uneasy about it, also!

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Yeh...Could be thoes ole' NWO types are jus' mashin' our faces in it...!

...And 911 is jus' a big ole' joke to them....

As they all sit around making the hand phone sign...

Chirping..."Emergency! Emergency!

...While laffing their arses off!!

[edit on 14-7-2007 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Umm....This picture actually made my heart sink

Bush @ 911 memorial
www.benfrank.net...

I cant believe where is hand is. This picture is quite disturbing.
Is it me or does Bush look guilty of something in that pic?
or
He has a tummy ache
(Bush)"My tummy hurts"

But in all seriousness this is dispicable.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Umm....This picture actually made my heart sink

Bush @ 911 memorial
www.benfrank.net...

I cant believe where is hand is. This picture is quite disturbing.
Is it me or does Bush look guilty of something in that pic?
or
He has a tummy ache
(Bush)"My tummy hurts"

But in all seriousness this is dispicable.

I would be more interested to see the context that photo was taken in.

I could watch reel upon reel of film and come up with some doozies, i am sure.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
NWO, "Hookem' Horns", Satanic salute, whatever. There's only one thing to be gotten out of all of this, no matter what he means by it.

Bush is telling the world: " Look, I'm a schoolboy and an idiot with no clue how to act in public."

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
NWO, "Hookem' Horns", Satanic salute, whatever. There's only one thing to be gotten out of all of this, no matter what he means by it.

Bush is telling the world: " Look, I'm a schoolboy and an idiot with no clue how to act in public."

I would hope that the world is not so stuffy.

His being an idiot notwithstanding, i am unsure that the "Hook 'Em Horns" symbol would be evidence of such unless one were looking for reasons to call names?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My main question, is that since Bush never went to Texas University, when is the first time anyone remembers seeing him use the sign? As Govenor?

And why do others use the "Hook 'Em" sign who have nothing to do with Texas? Its not just Bush...

Doc Moreau

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
9-11-07, Go Longhorns!!! sheesh.

President Bush, left, along with, from second from left, first lady Laura Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and his wife, Lynne Cheney, stand with White House staff and members of Congress as they take part in a moment of silence, marking the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2007, on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington. (AP Photo/Lawrence Jackson)

Get it while its hot!!!
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think it's a huge misunderstanding. If you went looking for people who did that who weren't "famous" you'd find it done quite a bit by normal people. Hell, I suspect the people who make this crap up do it and don't notice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join