It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Resigns!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Bush Resigns!

www.mediabistro.com

CNN International Chyron: "Bush Resigns"
Following up on this post, it did happen. Here's a screen grab from CNN International around midnight ET:

This appeared on screen for 12 seconds. (Two seconds before, President Bush had appeared on screen, but the chyron accurately said "Pressure over Iraq.")
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Oops! "Bush Resigns" appears on CNN, see screen capture!

www.mediabistro.com

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Interesting, maybe they where testing software

I see the article says it was meant to be blair and seeing it is a picture of blair.
Who knows

[edit on 11/5/2007 by Sauron]

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I'll bet it was a prank by the news media across the pond. If we remember correctly, Bush made his famous Texas Longhorn hand signal in a picture with the Queen of England a couple days ago. Maybe this is payback?

Just a thought,

TheBorg

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
That looks totally faked. Either that or some joker was able to hack it and changed the text. Im leaning more towards fake.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I would be surprised to see CNN, in its liberal mindset, to post such a thing. Be looking for a lawsuit somewhere.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't think it's a fake. Maybe someone wanted to do a joke in CNN... hopefully we'll have more information... and if it was deliberated, the person who did that will be fired and we'll know about it.

Anyway, good joke.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Maybe someone wanted to do a joke in CNN

I seem to remember something like this happening at CNN before.

Didn't they do a big red X over the screen when Bush came on,
or something like that? It was a year or two ago, I think???

The culprit(s) claimed it was a joke, but they (allegedly) got fired for it.

They are so radically liberal at CNN ... this isn't the first time one of
their employees have forgotten to use common sense and to just
report the news instead of promoting their bias.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
why fire them, georgie poorgie was only joking when he clowned around flashing whatever sign that is...with the queen.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

use common sense and to just
report the news instead of promoting their bias.

Yeah, promoting the bias of the majority of the population. CNN isn't ``liberal`` and Fox isn't ``conservative`` they are puppets and globalists. Except Lou Dobbs.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
I'll bet it was a prank by the news media across the pond. If we remember correctly, Bush made his famous Texas Longhorn hand signal in a picture with the Queen of England a couple days ago. Maybe this is payback?

Just a thought,

TheBorg

Yeah and Her Majesty was none to pleased with W's performance either. It would be a great way for the brits to pull a "gotcha" on Bush. The "horn: salute along with the remark that seemed to say she had been around at the signing of the Declaration of Independence had her in a bit of a snit, actually.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormrider
Yeah and Her Majesty was none to pleased with W's performance either.

Yesterday I read a report, and I can't remember which news source it was from, that said - (paraphrase) During Bush 41s time in office, George Bush (43) was not allowed to speak to the queen. At one point the queen came over to him and asked him if he were the black sheep of the family. He said yes. The queen responded that everyone has a black sheep in the family. Bush then asked the queen who their black sheep was .. and at that point Barbara Bush came over and dragged her son away from the queen.

I don't remember where I read that .. but during his dad's time as president 'W' wasn't allowed to talk to the Queen at all. He was considered an embarassment.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yeah not sure how exactly long this was up for, I think something like this Freudian slip happened before, on another topic?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
At one point the queen came over to him and asked him if he were the black sheep of the family. He said yes. The queen responded that everyone has a black sheep in the family. Bush then asked the queen who their black sheep was .. and at that point Barbara Bush came over and dragged her son away from the queen.

lol, classic!!! Sounds just like GW to do something like that.

This post had my hope up.. darn it.. why can't that dog just lay down and go away? I'm not a fan of bush at all..

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Stormrider
Yeah and Her Majesty was none to pleased with W's performance either.

Yesterday I read a report, and I can't remember which news source it was from, that said - (paraphrase) During Bush 41s time in office, George Bush (43) was not allowed to speak to the queen. At one point the queen came over to him and asked him if he were the black sheep of the family. He said yes. The queen responded that everyone has a black sheep in the family. Bush then asked the queen who their black sheep was .. and at that point Barbara Bush came over and dragged her son away from the queen.

I don't remember where I read that .. but during his dad's time as president 'W' wasn't allowed to talk to the Queen at all. He was considered an embarassment.

Well, he sure lived up to his parents expectations, didn't he? My son serves in the Navy Ceremonial Guard that was there that day at parade rest by the speakers platform. He said that when "W" made the remark about Her Majesty celebrating Americas' independence in 1776, she gave him a look that would curdle milk.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
As if there's any difference b/w the two assclowns...

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I found the article - Black sheep and the queen Funny. Interesting. He went from being forbidden to speak to her .. to president and HAVING to speak with her - all in a few years.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes

Bush Resigns!

www.mediabistro.com

CNN International Chyron: "Bush Resigns"
Following up on this post, it did happen. Here's a screen grab from CNN International around midnight ET:

This appeared on screen for 12 seconds. (Two seconds before, President Bush had appeared on screen, but the chyron accurately said "Pressure over Iraq.")

Ahh well can't win them all. I'm thinking it was a typo.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Stupid typo

Seeing the heading of this post, as well as the screengrabs, my life was made brighter for about 12 seconds.

Maybe if we are lucky we can view this as a harbinger for things to come.

Oh well for now...

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
Seeing the heading of this post, as well as the screengrabs, my life was made brighter for about 12 seconds.

Sorry, didn't mean to get everyones hopes up!

I think it was more than a typo made on accident, I think someone wants to see the reactions such a thing would create. If the thing blew up hugely in the press, cnn could just say, it was an honest typo...so sorry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join