It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my dad a disinfo rep?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Don't know if UNnoticed is still around. . . . HE did mention he turns 21 in this post in Sept., last month. I wonder if he/you asked your day anything more in drunken stupors? Fill us in, this thread could come back to life.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
UNnoticed, I'm not sure if you met with your father yet, but I'd like to point out two things.

First, you may want to rethink your desire to get him drunk. The last thing an alcoholic needs is someone encouraging them to add fuel to that fire.

The other thing I wanted to mention was that you stated how "he's not that type of person to joke about serious matters". I get the impression that your father is straightforward, no nonsense type of guy. So with that in mind, consider that perhaps what he has told you in the emails was the truth, and that his remark about the flying saucer was his idea of humor. My point is that it might be good to take care not read too much into what he has told you in the emails. Perhaps you're wanting to hear something (i.e. the juicy tidbits about UFOs, ETs, and so on) that he simply does not possess knowledge of, but your strong curiosity is clouding your judgment about what he has shared with you.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I don't think this guy is coming back, but this idea of his is ridiculous.

Let's say his dad did say something - just as an example:

"Ok, son, don't tell anyone but when I was at a certain location, I was taken to a room and shown small bodies of beings with big eyes, and it was obviously not human."

What then? This is just another 'story' among tons of stories out there where 'so-and-so' "TS clearance guy" tells a story. I mean we already have Corso telling these stories with far more 'detail'. It didn't get us anywhere.

Let's say the guy's story is even true. We don't know if these were real bodies, if they were made of rubber.

Also, concerning disclosure, maybe there were people who were in TS positions, but they were also shown things that were quite lurid, but were told they were TS also.

However, in some cases, maybe these 'lurid' or sensational things were just tests to see if the person could be trusted.

In this case, perhaps unlikely but not unheard of, his dad, in charge of some really sensitive things, was told this 'test' information also.

Now, many years later, this information gets 'leaked' by his son on a conspiracy BBS. All the military has to do is check the story against their 'test' scenarios and within minutes they know who this guy is (or at least what group he was in).

So, in conclusion, this is all a bad idea.

You can't get enough out of a person to verify anything, and you can't post anything without fear of being discovered, no matter how careful.

There is a potential way that someone might disclose, and that would be a death-bed confession PLUS the turning over of an alien artifact which could NOT have been made on Earth.

However, again, you run into problems. First you have to find a way to verify this metal or object is non-earthly. That means turning it over to a lab to test it, unless it's a whole object, like a hand-held transporter or some 'magical' gadget and that's really, really unlikely to happen.

Hope he reads this and realizing the folly, gives up the quest to out his dad. Myself, I think it was just a 'story' with little or no basis in fact.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
He is not going to reveal anything to his son for several reasons.

1. He does not lknow anything or was not associated with anything like what his son is asking about.

2. His son is an idiot.

3. His dad would be sentenced to jail time if he did reveal classified information to someone without an (at least) equal clearence over unsecured means.

That is the same reason why folks who claim to have such knowledge have not been to jail, they have not revealed anything that is classified that really exists. All the government has to prove is that you revealed something that you weren't supposed to and you are up on federal charges.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm late on this thread,but why the hell would his father tell him anything clasified??? So he can run off and put it on this web site which he said he told his dad about.

My father was in the Coast Guard( I know it ain't the marines) but still gave almost 35 years of his time for our counrty. One time and one time only did I ever ask my father about anything he might know that he could share with me. He said there was nothing. I pushed the issue of nuclear subs and there capabilities, he told me nothing basically(I know he's been on them and he does have knowledge of the capabilities), and just because he's retired doesn't mean he no longer has the responsibilty to his country to keep it to himself, so I backed off.

I realized I should've never asked. I was wrong for putting my own flesh and blood in that situation. It wasn't my business.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by efbeenie

Two problems with that story (I am not saying it did not happen).

1. The Coast Guard does not normally embark on nuclear submarines for any reason. Did he tell you why he was out there with them?

2. The submraines do not exhibit their full potential when they have "guests" onboard. They will do a dog and pony show for them, but it only scratches the surface of what they can (and do) do.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't reply earlier. My father was out of town and I wanted to ask him, the coast guard's relationship with nuclear subs. His answer was that they don't directly use the subs, but have in many situations worked together with them. He said he's been on a couple. They weren't engaged in battle or anything like that at the times he was on them.
He has been involved in war games were subs were invovled, also.

My point was not what he or the Coast Guard knows about the subs. My point was that if we don't do the time serving in the military than how or why is it my or anyone elses business.

I didn't even really feel comfortable asking him what I asked him yesterday, but just wanted to make sure that I didn't unintentionally spread the wrong info.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join