learn more

Is my dad a disinfo rep?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNnoticed

Disrespect? I've released only his first name...gave a very brief background description...and I'm not trying to prove anything...so why would "anything" have to be concrete? And this is the exact forum I want to post on! Because atleast I can hear opinions...positive and negative regarding my issue. I have much respect for my father...and if he were to disclose anything to me and I were to capture it on tape or video...i would take every step to conceal his identity...

Ashamed? For asking questions? Wow dude your making me regret even bringing this up....

I realise your intent wasn't to give out information about your father.

However, some of us have done 'sensitive' jobs in the past. Personally, I'd be mortified if one of my children made any form of post anywhere about it.

p.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I understand where you are coming from... Ive thought about making the decision to post these emails for a long time now. That's why I took every step to conceal my father's identity and not reveal too much of his service background on my first post...plus thats all I know about em...which sucks...but that just shows what kind of relationship I have with that man...So I feel like the topics which I presented to him could even make our relationship better then it is....

And if it ends up being like citizen smith says...then so be it...but my hunger for the truth far exceeds the loss of a relationship with a man in which I have none. And if he serves me a plate of b.s. so be it...but you will all be witnessed to it...via text, voice, or video.

I look around the forums about how this world is so messed up...and how everyone needs to band together to make change...But I see NO CHANGE...and I see no action...just alot of talk on what should be done...

So now It's time for me to take action...and i did...my first step was posting what i have...and hearing your opinions on the matter. Mission Accomplished.

Now my next step is to take the words Tom Bedlam suggested and give him the 4:1 combo. September is 3 month's a way so I have some time to plan it out. I'd like to hear some more opinions on this matter so feel free to let em rip.

Anyone have or had a similar situation that I'm in? Would be nice to hear what someone else in my position did and the outcome?

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/5/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Reading your dad's first letter sounds okay but I was confused by the second e-mail.

Lot's of errors compared to first e-mail and does he make it a habit of signing some e-mail's Dad and others Jim. I would not have taken them to be written by the same person. I think I would play stupid and write back and say something like hey dad, I didn't understand the last part of your e-mail is your keyboard stuck and skipping letters so on and so forth. At the end I would say sorry about bugging you the one part I could understand, the last part was just missing parts and didn't completely make sense to me.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I concur with Phoenix. Sounds like your dad is wise to keep his mouth shut around you.
No offence intended. I'd be ticked if my son posted any email I sent him on a public forum. That would be the last email he got if I ever found out. Think, man!

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Reading your dad's first letter sounds okay but I was confused by the second e-mail.

Lot's of errors compared to first e-mail and does he make it a habit of signing some e-mail's Dad and others Jim. I would not have taken them to be written by the same person. I think I would play stupid and write back and say something like hey dad, I didn't understand the last part of your e-mail is your keyboard stuck and skipping letters so on and so forth. At the end I would say sorry about bugging you the one part I could understand, the last part was just missing parts and didn't completely make sense to me.

When we email each other it varies on what he uses as a signature...sometimes dad...sometimes Jim...sometimes nothing lolz. My first email to him I see had some grammar errors...wasn't really using spell check that day i guess lol...and he didnt even respond the same day blah! With his response email i totally disregarded everything he said...and got right to my questions...with my response to him...trying to catch him off guard so maybe I wouldve gotten a slip up or something...unfortunately i didnt...but he did state all the places i mentioned "excisted" and weren't classified...so that answers one of my questions right there! Dulce is known to not-excist...sweet!

Originally posted by Dissension
I concur with Phoenix. Sounds like your dad is wise to keep his mouth shut around you.
No offence intended. I'd be ticked if my son posted any email I sent him on a public forum. That would be the last email he got if I ever found out. Think, man!

I know some of you might think I'm doing something wrong by releasing our email convo's but it's all for the greater good! Like I said... I'm not trying to ruin my fathers career by posting this on a public forum...and yes i couldve used fake names...but chose not too...and that is my choice because I don't feel the need to "B.S." over this issue...wish someone would respect that.

But I came for the opinions on this matter good or bad...I don't care. It's such a weight off of my shoulders though...now I feel like I've taken a step closer to bringing the truth to my commrades. And I'm actually walking the walking then talken the talk like most...

Hopefully someone whos been or is in the same position I'm in steps up to the plate to let their side be known...and If not...then that's ok too!

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
his answer sounds like the generic answer you always get when u asked military people these questions.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I would feel remiss if I only gave you hints on how to be underhanded, so here's my other advice.

Think seriously about what you're doing. I don't know your history with your dad, I take it you weren't around each other much for a period of your life? Maybe he'd like to get to know you better, there might be a good relationship you could have there. .

But this thing you're planning on - all bs aside, what it boils down to is you're planning to betray his trust, if you can establish it. That's not a good thing if you give a rat's arse at all about him.

Secondly, what are the other downsides. Let's say he's Jesse Marcel's successor or something, and you actually manage to get some classified info out of him, and post it here. If it's sure-enough juicy stuff, what happens next is that you will be up for a solicitation rap. And your Dad could be in the federal pen.

The most likely thing, though, is that he will spot you pumping him and there will go any hope of trust, or worse, someone will point out this thread to him afterwards.

What would you feel like if the positions were reversed? It doesn't seem worth it to me. YMMV.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well, if he is involved in Secret projects of any sort, even comparatively mundane Non-UFO related stuff, he's not going to tell you about it.

He's going to be polite about it to you, he probably loves you, but he's not going to be unprofessional and ruin his career and reputation to satisfy your curiosity.

That little bit of discipline is just part of his life.
I'd be disappointed in the guy if he did start leaking out military secrets in emails to his son.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I just feel like...If i have an oppurtunity to get info that could change the way people think...that could shed light on all the lies our government feeds us...then why not? I feel as if the truth is worth it...even if it means compromising his trust...its for the greater good...and sacrafices must be made to achieve such a goal...

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNnoticed

Good things he's an alchoholic... think i might get farther then you'd expect...plus Im turning 21 in September...guess who im gunna go visit to pound a couple shots with?

Well aren't you the good son. Your father is an alcoholic, so you're going to entice him to drink more to tell you something, that is probably nothing.

Have some respect for the disease of alcoholism please, or at least some respect for your father.

Lay off him...he probably doesn't know anything, and wouldn't tell you if he did, drunk or not.

Sigh....kids!

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
*shrug* a friend of mine who's in the Navy has repeatedly stated to me that if he ever betrays his top secret clearance, or even hints about certain things, it's more likely that he'd get shot rather than arrested..

If you're determined to do this, think of all the worst possible scenarios you can, including your father and yourself dying/disappearing etc.

Are you still prepared to do it?

Seriously think about the consequences of your actions before you start.

If the possible gain to you is worth more than the risks, then you need to learn how to manipulate people. Fast.

You know your specific target, you know what kind of person he is, which should help somewhat. You should also be reasonably familiar with his reactions to things. One of the key aspects of manipulating someone into doing something or saying something you want, is being able to read their reactions and respond to them very fast. Know when to back off and come in from another angle. Humor is a huge advantage, if you can get someone laughing with you, they relax, they're less on their guard and will subconsciously trust you more, since shared humor means they're identifying with you on some level. Approach things from oblique angles - suggest that you're thinking of going into the armed forces and ask his advice, experience, etc.. Asking someone for advice also lulls someone into a false sense of security, because you're implying that they're more smarter and hence superior to you in that area. Ask for advice about girls, anything, but obviously military questions will lead to hopefully more avenues for questions.

Beware too - alcoholics have high tolerance levels, so you're likely to be wasted before he's even feeling it, be sure to let him outdrink you. Possibly playing drinking games based on "shots of beer" where you drink from cans may help - he's likely to drink more than you, since you're paying more attention to what you're doing.. Sure, he may catch on, but you can blow that off as you being a lightweight.

Use the above information at your own risk. Most of the manipulation stuff I've mentioned is based upon a sales career, most, but not all :p

No guarantee of results, the theory is worthless without the finesse and experience.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Comparing his second message to the first message, it looks as if he deliberately misspelled some words to leave some clues.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I want the answers as much as anyone here, but this is low. And those who have given 'advice' to what is obviously an angry and troubled young man ought to be ashamed.

We want better conduct from our leaders, yet many of you have shown approval of doing exactly what you want stopped.

Young man. Let go of this, or be honest with your father. Even if you have a problem with him on a personal level, treat him as a human being. There is no need to be that type of person. The truth will come out sooner or later.

If you follow this path, I can assure you that there is overwhelming odds that it will yield nothing and will ruin your own self respect in the long run.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Tell you what. I told my daughter the same thing about my experience in the military (I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.) Then she joined the military and became an interpreter -- of Arabic -- and worked in a brick building with antennas on the roof (LOTS of antennas) and barbed wire around the periphery. Guess what she told me? :-)

I think your dad's responses were perfectly reasonable under what appear to be his circumstances, and I suspect he doesn't have any inside knowledge of the issues. Don't get angry with him if he doesn't tell you anything else. he may just not know.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
P.S. While many laugh at honor as being worthless, see who they want there when they're dying or need to leave their wallet.

In the strongest terms, I urge you to reconsider your intended actions.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Heres the way I see it... Your intentions are great but say your dad did reveal some information that was classified and you posted it here with your regular name edits and such (the emails). Then someone who was/is currently privy to that same information comes here and reads your post, well to put it short & sweet your dad would be screwed.

They would trace your IP and within 10 minutes would know who you are and every last detail of your dads military career.

You can fill in the blanks from this point on.

Like I said I admire your intentions but do yourself and your dad a favor and if he does indeed drop some info on your plate go to a public library and create an ATS account and post the information from there, if even that, just remember that all information comes with a price, as specially the info you are seeking.

~Anathema

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Heed the advice of anathema777.
First of all:
Do you love your dad? If so placing him in this position is dangerous even if he does not know anything. Think of it this way: If there is even a remote possibility that he is being watched, or anyone in the gov/mil caught wind of this, your dad could disappear. Just for the possibility that he might know something. Not to mention yourself. You have already posted all this in a public forum here at ats(ask yourself if this place is being watched...)and emails, which are so non-secure.
Not trying to worry you, but take some advice, just do some research here on ats, study all available info that is out there already and drop this business with your dad. If he knew you were going to betray his trust like this it would break his heart.
Peace

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
did you say, you told your dad about ATS?... he could find that you took dangerous info and just posted it on the internet. Just because he declined your offer to join ATS, doesn't mean that he didn't check it out or still looking.

I think it would have been better if you had of met in real life in the first place. If he was worried about email being un-secure then, he could probably google a sentence from the email and be directed right to here(or anyone looking over his email do to security.)

I do not think it would be a safe thing to post your findings(if any) on this forum, especially on this thread. If you find something out that you want to share, I would probably make a random account(although against the rules, I think ATS would bend it under the circumstances[if caught])

I think your dad would be very disappointed if he saw that you were coping privet emails from him to you.

-bumross.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I think your dad was just joking about the first thing when you were 12.

About the emails, well of course half those places you mentioned obviously DO exist, and he may not have heard of Dulce so he may of just assumed it were another declassified military base.

Definately NOT a disinfo agent or anything the like.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I feel quilty also, I should have been telling you the same as the others here.

E-mails are easy to tract so if I were you I would drop the whole thing. If and when the truth is meant to be realized it will be realized.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join