It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there's a ghost/spirit in my house - how can i communicate with it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
ever since we moved in (about a year ago) we've seen it. everyone in our family has seen a black spirit in the house and it just walks around downstairs although i saw it in my room one night and my sisters friend slept over without knowledge of it and in the morning she said she woke up in the middle of the night and saw a ghost in the room she was sleeping in and she described it the same as the one i saw.
black (like a shadow but it was 3d looking) and about the same height as an adult.
it seems friendly because its never done anything apart from walk around. ive seen it during day aswell.
the house was built on an old prison yards (pentridge prison) australia and i was wondering if there were any ways i could communicate with this ghost without the use of an oujia board?
thanks

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
for a start try to capture some E.V.P'S . leave a casette recorder running or even better rig a camera up. and see where you go from there.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Man Ive wondered what it would be like to live in Pentridge and here we have it.

Well Ive heard/read and experienced alot of things in pentridge.
Maybe you have one of the wardens doing rounds in your house.
Do you live near the entrance on Murray Rd (i think) or Bell street section of pentridge..coz i think a warden was killed by one of the prisoners when they tried to escape (and I cant remember the name of the criminal)...

But if you live in the centre section close to the prison cells (with the chapel in the front) in the walls there was a facility that the wardens used..so maybe its a warden still carry on his duties.

I have a couple of pics I took in the what i can only describe as a recreation building and in one of my pics I have this yellow orb....Now i hate the fact that orbs arent awesome proof of ghosts, but some reckon that its an energy of some sort.

Back to contacting or communicating, I think that its not a good idea to use a ouija board..but thats my opinion...

By any chance is this spirit/shadow around 6 foot with what looks like the outline of a trench coat?
And have you heard screams or yelling?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have heard that it is not wise to communicate with Ghosts/Spirits as even seemingly friendly ones can turn hostile.

Sometimes it may just be from frustration at not being able to communicate properly or that over time your interest/interaction with them dies down and so the become more violent to get attention again.

I cant say for ways of getting rid of it (If you want to) as I do not have much experiance in that area and it can be better explained by others.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You can make it leave.............

go to the local health food stare. I bet they have a 'sage smudge' for under 5 dollars you can buy.
Sacred sage smoke has been used for years by the Native Americans to 'clean away bad energy'.............you may use it to clean negative energies out of your house. Walk through every room of the house with the burning sage smudge and smoke up the whole house. You should talk to the ghost while doing this, tell them they need to move along for you are banning them from your house, tell them your cleaning up and they can no longer stay. Tell them about the bright white light, and to not be afraid of the light, tell them to go into the light and they will find family and friends there waiting for them.
Also use salt if they seem negative...........sprinkle salt behind the doors and tell the spirit they can not cross the salt boarders and will be trapped in one room so they must leave.

Once you have smoked up the whole house, then open the windows and doors and let the fresh air carry out all the smoke............the spirit WILL leave with the smoke. It is important to open the house up so the smoke can LEAVE...........

Anyone can do this.
Have your family read this..............you do not NEED some kind of excorsist to clean up the home you live in, you have the power to do so yourself.

I personaly clean my house with sage smoke every couple of months....to make sure no negative energies hang out.

It keeps the energy in my home calm and clean and happy,and it will do the same for you.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
you should try what this guy i read about did(which seems so simple)...

he was at some motel in maine. when he got to the room he felt the energy of this spirit. when he was in the bathroom he felt the energy behind him. he said "i know ur there you can come out now" and when he turned around he saw this hand starting to form and then then dissappearing.

i think it was from "weird nj"

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Actually is easier to tell a Ghost to stop showing itself if that is the case, for ghost that are residual energies left behind by some violent people once alive is different and hard to get rid off.

Usually the ghost will be the first to communicate, eventually as the time goes by the energies will go away by themselves and just will come back once in a while.

As long as the energy or ghost do no show to be dangerous is nothing to fear.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Like RedDan said get a tape recorder or camcorder and set to record while doing this ask there name , male or female simple questions you might get some answers from it.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirt
Like RedDan said get a tape recorder or camcorder and set to record

And please let's us know what you finds are.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I will give you 2 answers
1. from a Christian point of view, if you are seeing this than it can only be evil

a angle from the Lord you would know and he would have told you his message long ago

so its a fallen angel, its dangerous so stay away from it and tell it about Christ---only if you are saved---
if not do not provoke it

2. From most of the worlds point of view-

RUN

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
tom_roberts

Thanks for the spiritual angle but this forum is Paranormal studies. Just in case you misunderstood the thread.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If you have no ill feelings about this spirit and you would like to try to make contact, I would suggest that you try by just talking to it.
Don't feed any negative/hostile energy towards it.
Stay neutral and calm.
Get a digital recorder and set it up wherever you seem to have the most activity. A digital camera with nightshot or infrared wouldn't hurt either.

For the recording, just ask it simple questions. I would suggest leaving a pause, at least 2 minutes or more, between questions.
Ask for a name, why are you here.. etc. You might feel a bit silly talking to a empty room but if you get a response it will be worth it.

Even if you don't want to go so far as all that, just try to keep a positive attitude for it and try to speak as you would to anyone else. If it really wants to communicate with your family then it will make itself known to you.

I believe that a spirit/entity needs energy to make itself known. It'll pull it from anything it can, be it electricity, human emotion, etc. Negative emotions as fear, hate, anger are more powerful and easier to generate so I would advise emiting them around negative spirits.

Keep all talks and attempted contacts in the proper context, positive and light, and hope for the best.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
When can we ever tell if a spirit is evil or not .. there are so many different opinions on how to ..yes & of course a lot of these "ways" would/can work in ridding of this spirit or in communicating with it...no doubt in my mind.

I say if you want to communicate do the tape/video ..a ouija board imo is a big no,as myself would do neither at first i will first try & chase it if it's a stubborn one then only i will start to use rec/audio equipment and exorcise it anyways.

I know most ghost hunters would die to see this ..maybe contact a decent group who could do their research and then let it go ..don't fall for people charging big bucks or so any amount as this is research and "the" proof they are after.

A big adult size apparition making itself visible to all as i understand from your story could be sucking a lot of energy thus your family & yourself could start feeling weak/ill/moody & making this one stronger in his oppression,i just do not trust such spirits..it is not suppose to be here and needs to move to its plane ..(IMO before i get ragged)

At tom_roberts i myself is Christian & yes i understand what you are saying,some maybe read it wrong or thinking you were pushy,on ATS we as Christians need to tread lightly be careful as to how we take issues on.Tom is saying when you have God in your life you can tell this one to leave or ask this spirit why or what is the reason for being here,ask its name ..but only & only if you have God/Jesus/Holy Spirit/and a few billion Angels on your side,or in your life (of course as usual some prayers we do before doing an "interview" to call it so) ..but ultimately the goal is getting rid of it,out of your house and away from family/people living there.Wise choice..but that is our opinion and we only suggest and try to help.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
i've seen a black figure, it comes out of my stereo, i bought this stereo from a garage sale and the woman who sold it to me didnt tell me it was from her DEAD son, yes i said dead.

i think its him, ;
he said this one time it was mumbled, #, #, #,
i dunno i talked to his mother and said he died from suicide.
he walk off the twelve floor of his old aparment complex.

i'm scared as hell cause sometimes i feel something warm touch my shoulder or my hair at night or even in the day! when i'm alone.

i tried commiting suicide once and it seems like his presence is there when i try telling me not to, it sounds crazy but actually is true.

e-mail ; [email protected]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

If you truly think that you have a ghost then just try talking to it and if it replies you may be able to help it. Most ghost are still here because they left something unfinished and as weird as may be you may need to help it by giving a message to their family for them.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I've lived in my house for about 1 year now. Recently, about 2 months ago, I've started to feel a couple spirits in my house. I don't know why this could have started up at random, but i have been feeling less energized, and sad more often then I should. I have yet to actually see the ghosts, but I feel them moving around me all day long, hear them walking through my house, it occasionally opens doors, and my boyfriend and I have heard our names whispered to us. I do sometimes see little black things run across my vision, about 3 feet tall, very fast. My boyfriend was in my kitchen a few days ago and he heard a little girl laughing right next to him, but no one was there. That's where the thought of the little girl spirit comes from. But I've had this feeling many times in the past month, of a very tall man leaning over me, from the front and from behind me, almost as if it's a real man. There's been no deaths in my house, but a military graveyard is my front yard, but I really don't think that has anything to do with it, because why my house?

I don't know, I really don't feel endangered, I'd just like to talk to him/her i guess. So I guess I'm asking 1.) Why would these spirits begin trying to talk to me at random and 2.) Should I try to talk to them?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Wow! An Interesting place to have the house on an old prison. (You could play Ac/Dc: Jail break - That might help.) Ohhh. Have you thought about doing any Meditating? I honestly think that is a safer option then a ouijaboard.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
have you tried getting a handful of teens to text the spirit with their cell phones?

Over a prison yard? seriously? This calls for a Ouija planchette over a monopoly board. Send them spirits back to jail,

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by A W Smith

LOL...That would be so funny to play. A monopoly version of a ouijaboard game. It would be more Interesting at Halloween in that haunted prison house.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join