It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questioning God.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Who are we to question the existance of God? Can you not except that we are here simply because God made it so.

You use the mind that God gave you, to try and disprove the existance of God. Trying to use religion to disprove God is completely ignorant, man created religion God simply gave him the concept.

What is really outragious, is using the bible to disprove God. Man has taken so much out of the bible and twisted the meanings so far, that probally less than a quarter of the original text is actually there.

The timeline in the bible does not coincide with the timeline of the earth. Maybe because man wiped out half of the bible. Take this for example aliens are not mentioned in the bible, and to this day governments deny there existance. Maybe that subject was scratched from the bible to.

Take a look around, the planet we on live is perfectly designed to sustain human life. God exist my friends, Its is the evil coruption of man kind that leads people to believe otherwise.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blitz
Who are we to question the existance of God?

We are intelligent beings. Who are you to say we can't?

Can you not except that we are here simply because God made it so.

What is this god? How do you know this god thing did all this? You got any evidence?

You use the mind that God gave you, to try and disprove the existance of God.

Already done. See other threads, this one for example: There is no God, and here's why.

Trying to use religion to disprove God is completely ignorant, man created religion God simply gave him the concept.

Religion can't prove or disprove anything. It's based purely on faith.

What is really outragious, is using the bible to disprove God.

The Bible only proves that the God of the Bible is absurd.

Man has taken so much out of the bible and twisted the meanings so far, that probally less than a quarter of the original text is actually there.

I don't know where to begin to tell you what's wrong with this statement.

The timeline in the bible does not coincide with the timeline of the earth.

Making it false.

...aliens are not mentioned in the bible,...

As if some priests and farmers living in the Bronze Age could possibly conceive of such things.

and to this day governments deny there existance.

So?

Take a look around, the planet we on live is perfectly designed to sustain human life.

This is called The Anthropic Principle and it is false. Some other planet could be perfectly suited to some other form of life. You just lack imagination.

God exist my friends, Its is the evil coruption of man kind that leads people to believe otherwise.

Actually it is the corruption of man that sells the snake oil of religion. The link proving that god does not exist is up there.

[edit on 6-5-2007 by Columbus]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Columbus you are a sad individual.

There is nothing I could say to you, that would convince you that God exist.

Why do you choose to deny God, I am so curious to here your answer. Why cant you except the simple concept of God.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Why insult me?

There is nothing I could say to you, that would convince you that God exist.

You don't know a tiny fraction of what I know, yet you beg me to believe what you believe purely out of ignorance.

Why do you choose to deny God, I am so curious to here your answer.

You do not care about my answer. You insulted me. I provided you with a link to a post that shows the truth about god. Did you even read it?

Why cant you except the simple concept of God.

What is the simple concept of god? You don't even know.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I insulted you really, you slandered my entire topic.

In know way am I begging you to believe what I do, Its your choice to believe what you want. I simply ask you why you dont believe in God.

That link you gave me, proves nothing. Its just an opinion, like my topic is just an opinion.

Give me an answer, why dont you believe in God. Since you know so much more than me, you must have a good answer

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

You sauntered in here first, telling us not to question god. Who are you? Some ignorant child?

I simply ask you why you dont believe in God.

I gave you the answer. Where is the acknowledgment?

That link you gave me, proves nothing. Its just an opinion, like my topic is just an opinion.

That link is to my own post. It is a long list of disproofs against God. I didn't go into the detailed descriptions of each one, but you can look them up yourself if you are honest. There is not an opinion amongst them. You are simply ignorant of the difference.

Give me an answer, why dont you believe in God. Since you know so much more than me, you must have a good answer.

Reasons why I don't believe in God (this is essentially repetition of what's in the other post):

1. You haven't defined what you mean by God. Without a definition, god is in itself a non-falsifiable hypothesis. Since you haven't defined God, I'll carry forward based on the common mythical characteristics:

2. God is widely regarded as being infinite. Infinity is not a real number, so god can't have any infinite properties and be real.

3. Using god as an empty answer to fundamental questions of the spirit and of the universe discourages looking for personal and scientific explanations, probably because...

4. The god of the gaps has been refuted and Christians know it because then run crying when you bring it up. Less and less scientific unknowns remain in the universe for a god to hide under.

5. The Ontological Argument has been refuted. God is necessary for what in whose imagination? Circular reasoning.

6. The Teleological Argument has been refuted. If everything in the universe has been designed, it would be impossible to distinguish between designed and non-designed, yet we are clearly able to distinguish random and accidental behavior.

7. The Cosmological Argument has been refuted. The Barber Paradox proves God can't create himself, it's the old "turtles all the way down" argument. Circular reasoning.

8. The Anthropic Principle has been refuted. It lacks imagination that other possibilities might be possible.

9. Pascal's Wager has been refuted. An intelligent god wouldn't let people into heaven because they took the safest bet and didn't really believe.

10. The Moral Argument has been refuted. People who don't believe in god are moral too. Besides, the teaching method of the Bible isn't real morality. It's a pretense to be good so you can get into heaven, a variant of Pascal's Wager. It's also a fact that sin is not about morality, but blind obedience, making Christianity a totally immoral faith.

I could go on, but what more should I need to say?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Now, truly, my friend, how does a comment such as that glorify God?

The #1 cause of atheism, IMO, is christianity... worse when insulting or intolerant, and especially when over-bearing.

Why do you choose to deny God, I am so curious to here your answer. Why cant you except the simple concept of God.

The BEST way to promote and/or encourage belief in God is to DEMONSTRATE your own absolute trust in His wisdom and ways. IF you truly believe God is GOD...then you surely can trust God to bring Columbus (or anyone) around according to the time frame that is best for Columbus.

But making these sorts of comments only throws a wrench in divine perfection! You're shooting at the wrong basket! Playing for the wrong team!

Remember: every knee shall bow and every tongue confess - and there is NO time limit for any of us.

TRUST God and others will, too. Eventually. Until then, we can just agree to disagree and love one another as neighbors and hopefully make new friends with believers and non-believers, alike.

Bottom line is that we are all human beings. One thing in common that WE ALL share!

God bless you!

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Blitz, why do you believe in god?

Edn

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Who are we to question the existance of God? Can you not except that we are here simply because God made it so.
If god really exists then it would not only allow us to question its existence and everything it does but encourage it.

Anything that forces blind faith or go to hell has no room in my life, what does god have to hide if we are not allowed to question it unless of course god does not exist or is not what it appears to be.

One of the great people of our time (The Buddha) always encouraged his followers never to follow him on blind faith alone but to question his every action, to question his beliefs, and to question his teachings because he knew that if his teachings were correct then no matter how many people questioned what he said his teachings would always stand and they have.

Buddhism is one of the largest religions in the world but its one of the only religions that has spread so vastly without the need for blind faith without question, murdering non-believers, crusades in the name of god (or Buddha in this case) etc that almost all other religions rely on today to survive.

edit: I ask you this, if a simple man, someone who is apparently far inferior compared to god can ask this of the people who follow him then why cant god ask the same?

[edit on 7-5-2007 by Edn]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   

You slandered your own topic with your idiotic notions. After reading your posts, I have reached the conclusion that you are either very young (alas the ignorance) or simply a brainwashed idiot. I sincerely hope you are nothing but a young kid whom has had poor influence from perhaps your parents (this is likely, because of your Counter-Strike icon). Now is the time to embrace reason and logic and remove your self from fantasy and fairy tales. Accept life as it is and don’t make excuses.

If I am mistaken and you’re in fact nothing but a brainwashed idiot (from my perspective, this is not an insult) then I hope you suffer a major accident and die or become sterile as you’re not fit to raise children. Don’t interpret this as hate-speech, because it is not. I’m only voicing my personal desires; you don’t need to listen to them.

hating you always,
Vlad

[edit on 7-5-2007 by VladTheImpaler]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Give me an answer, why dont you believe in God. Since you know so much more than me, you must have a good answer

Because I don't.

Why do you believe in "god?"

Because you do.

What does it matter if Columbus, or Vlad, or I or anyone else doesn't believe in your "god"? If "god" is bothered by it, let him tell me. And not through the mouths of the brainwashed -- you guys all have an agenda I can't quite fathom.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I'd like to know which God you are referring to; there are thousands of Gods to choose from. Which one are you talking about?

Vlad

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by VladTheImpaler

If I am mistaken and you’re in fact nothing but a brainwashed idiot (from my perspective, this is not an insult) then I hope you suffer a major accident and die or become sterile as you’re not fit to raise children. Don’t interpret this as hate-speech, because it is not. I’m only voicing my personal desires; you don’t need to listen to them.

hating you always,
Vlad

[edit on 7-5-2007 by VladTheImpaler]

Im not brainwashed into believing anything, I stopped going to church a long time ago. I also stopped looking to the bible for answers, mainly because the bible is obviously missing information.

The main reason I believe in God, Is because I have faith and know in my mind that there is a God. Knowing that when I die, there is a better place waiting for me.

I believe in science, while still retaining my beliefs in God. Instead of using science to disprove God, I see science as the blueprints of how God created the universe. We cant know everything, if that were the case there would be no reason for our existence.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Any good theologian can

Debate the existance of god, debate and discussion can be a great learning experience. Plus if we didn't debate his existance, and just chose to blindly follow as we are told to, it would be too easy. Plus if we didn't have any decentors who would go to hell for us?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I, for one, am not questioning "God". I also don't question the Easer Bunny or Santa Claus. That'd be silly. I don't even question people that try and sell me something that I did not ask for. I simply tell them no, and close the door. Believe what you want to, and push your belief system on some other gullible victim. You know who I do question? I'll tell you. The garbage man. Why can't he get all of the garbage from the can into his truck? 9 times outta 10, I have to go out and clean up the residual trash that he left behind.
WTF?!
Enjoy your "God". I'm gonna go pet my dog.

[edit on 5/7/2007 by bjshobbes]

[edit on 5/7/2007 by bjshobbes]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I believe in science, while still retaining my beliefs in God. Instead of using science to disprove God, I see science as the blueprints of how God created the universe. We cant know everything, if that were the case there would be no reason for our existence.

Regarding the underlined text.

Wow, If we knew everything, we would not exist? (Gasp!), does this apply to God as well? If it did, God would not have existed either right? So God does not know everything?

I am curious... where did you get this information from? God? or should I believe you based on faith?

Originally posted by Royal76
Any good theologian can

Debate the existance of god, debate and discussion can be a great learning experience. Plus if we didn't debate his existance, and just chose to blindly follow as we are told to, it would be too easy. Plus if we didn't have any decentors who would go to hell for us?

Question: People go to hell for the people like you? Wow.... Just what kind of people are you?

[edit on 7-5-2007 by ixiy]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I never question god. I may turn my back on man, but that is to face my savior. He's got my back and I'm alive to prove it!

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
To Ixiy

From my point of view God created existance, there for we can not know everything, Reason being we are not equals to God.

My information came from my mind, and is based on faith. All information originates in the human mind, it all depends on what answer your looking for. If you want know if God does or doesn't exist there is plenty of ways to find the answer.

Its up to you, what you believe

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I believe in God.
God IS love.
I believe in LOVE.

I love my dog, too.

God [mirror] Dog
Man's best friend [man] Best friend of man

My little dog is named Sassy and my big dog is named Maggie. One for each side!! I am going to post their pictures on my profile page to prove they are REAL.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Any good theologian can

Debate the existance of god, debate and discussion can be a great learning experience.

Theologians are people who study god, therefore they have a predetermination that god exists. There is no debate amongst theologians about the existence of god. By definition, theology is begging the question.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join