It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School trip ends bad (strange photo)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
PSP

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Im gonna keep this short becaus i dont havemuch time on the moment but when i was browsing on my school website, i found some photo's of the school trip some class made a few days ago.
And i came to an disturbing photo of a few girls and guy by a lake and in the background you can see clearly there is something big in the lake.

Check yourself

I hope you guys can tell me what it is.

[edit on 6-5-2007 by PSP]

[edit on 6-5-2007 by sanctum]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well, probably just a log or a rock. How large is the lake? Not really anything to go on..

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Yeah, that could be anything.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It looks like a rock to me, although it could also be a log. Too big to be a fish jumping out of the water.

I can say this: If you go back to the same spot this photo was taken, I bet the object (rock) will still be there. Ie. It isn't a sea monster or anything. It also looks like it was taken at an inland pond/wetland/conservation area, not anything large enough to support something like that. You would have to find who took the picture and get the original hi-res image to say any more.

"Disturbing" was a gross overstatement.

[edit on 6-5-2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
As I looked closer at it , it seem's to be a "Calm Spot" on the water. Pretty easy to verify, just take it to 'Paint' ,'Magnify to 200%' and look closely at the riples that form into it.
IMHO...

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
can you shed some light on how did the school trip end bad?

was that a croc and it attacked them?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
As I looked closer at it , it seem's to be a "Calm Spot" on the water. Pretty easy to verify, just take it to 'Paint' ,'Magnify to 200%' and look closely at the riples that form into it.
IMHO...

I think he means the black thing on the right side of the lake, not the calm spot.

And like most people said, it could be about anything from a rock or a log or a floater or pritty much anything else. There isn't enough detail or color to make a destinction.

[edit on 6/5/07 by thematrix]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's obviously something similar to the Loch Ness monster, or Champ. Maybe it's a large gator, like in Lake Placid.

Or, maybe it's an alien craft that has taken refuge in the lake?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here we have it! Absolute irrefutable proof that UFO's do exist. And a secret underwater UFO base is right under that lake.

It is up to the non-believers to prove beyond a doubt the photo is not a UFO.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
It is up to the non-believers to prove beyond a doubt the photo is not a UFO.

Uhm ... Dave? This thread is in » Cryptozoology and Mythical Beasts.

My thoughts are more as to Why the original title was edited to that which currently stands. (?)

If the "School trip" that "ends bad" with a "(strange photo)" wasn't too far from the OP's location, I'd have to say [as Yarcofin suggested] go back and take a followup pic from the same general position.

Hmmm ... the title "edit" still draws question ... for me.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My personal expert opinion: Bigfoot...its obvious.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The-Ism
My personal expert opinion: Bigfoot...its obvious.

Ah, now I see it, floating Sasquatch.

Sasquatch was most likely killed by Nessie though. Or by the aliens in the lake.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

This is the best I could do without losing quality. I'm not sure what it is either. I hope you'll give us more info.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is obviously the work of aliens, not a foolish sasquatch or loch ness.

Aliens have long been known to possess the powers of videogames in real life.
Upon closer inspection this is identical to a triangle polygon rendered with black paint on RGB 0 0 0.

Either that, or the alien controlling the human that made this photograph has a bad videocard, and the screenshot he made of the surrounding had an artifact due to bad videocard.

IF that cannot be accepted, I vote rock.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It looks like a floating log or something of that sort to me. The picture doesn't give enough detail to determine anything.

Go back to where the picture was taken and see if you can still see it.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I go fishing all of the time at an area sand pit, and it seem's about the width of the pitcher that was taken of this body of water, I have spent several days at a time in the area I had mentioned and I see this kind of thing all the time. Whether it is some kind of wind down sheer or a dead spdt in an air rotation, it is not so confusing as this has been made out to be.
There is one other possibility that reaches my thought, and that we do not know what kind of vegitation lays in that water right at or near the surface and which would cause the same effect by pure depth and wind blown currents and tides of this body of water.
I wouldn't go to balistic over this, "Unless you can produce a physical feature on this said 'object'."
I'm telling you, "It is a 'Dead Spot' of the wind blown currents."

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
At first I was confused, but now it's obvious.

Here's a some specifics that we should look at

It's a time machine.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Where was this photo taken?
What state?
Does the body of water have a name?
Did anyone on that trip report seeing anything "strange"?

I'm curious now.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hey EVERYONE, cut it out with the childish sarcasm.

The thread might be posted as a sarcastic trolling attempt, but that doesn't mean you guys should act like sarcastic trolls yourself.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
My first thought was a canoe which had tipped over, but the line above water isn't symmetrical enough for that. Maybe a flipped kayak?

Anyway, it doesn't look like the kids in the foreground were overly concerned and, if it was moving, they'd certainly see it.

That's my opinion, for what it's worth.

And, guess what, I didn't have to be sarcastic or snide to do it either.

I'm wondering what the justification for the title is, though. Perhaps the OP could enlighten us?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join