It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One-Third of GOP Pres. Hopefuls Don't Believe in Science

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I see it's high time to revive this forum, thanks to the GOP hopefuls that want to lead this nation.

As the "magic" of the soul capturing technology of YouTube shows us, Sen. Sam Brownback, Gov. Mike Huckabee and Rep. Tom Tancredo think something along the lines of over two-thirds of 2004 Bush voters... namely that the Earth and Man are about 6,000 years old, we all moved here from Bagdhad after Eve packed us a lunch of apples (incest is best, put your 333rd cousin to the test) and the geological record is pretty much just God's effort to get on MTV's "Punk'ed."

I guess the political question would be, how can frontrunners McCain and Goul's possibly hope to lead such a nation of bone jarringly dumb ghost hunters if they aren't as voodoo obsessed as most of America?

Are two-thirds of the GOP hopefuls too smart for America? Or has something changed since 2004?

The facts certainly haven't.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by RANT]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
One third of our GOP presidential hopefuls think they're made of mud and you're their distant dust cousin. Two thirds think their own base are idiots, yet want to lead the free world.

Problem?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Two thirds think their own base are idiots, yet want to lead the free world.

lmao

Doesn't that kind of say it all?

I watched the entire debate and found the condescending responses to questions laughable. You could see McCain struggle with responding to "yes" when asked if he believed in evolution. Yeah, I give him credit for sticking to his guns, but he looked like he was getting a prostate exam while doing it.

But isn't that exactly the dead horse the repubs have been beating for 8 years now? Love of god, love of family and a return to values, regardless of whether they actually have any of those attributes. So long as you use those words in your talking points everytime - the teaming right leaning masses will love you every time. The remaining platform is of little importance to a significant portion of their base and that my friend, is just sad.

B.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
I watched the entire debate and found the condescending responses to questions laughable.

Oh, I don't know. Isn't "Ronald Reagan" the answer to every hard question?

I heart the "forward looking" vision of invoking the name of a dead Hollywood actor that counseled Jean Dixon on matters of state. I really do.

I'm pretty sure it's in the Bible.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Oh, I don't know. Isn't "Ronald Reagan" the answer to every hard question?

I heart the "forward looking" vision of invoking the name of a dead Hollywood actor that counseled Jean Dixon on matters of state. I really do.

I'm pretty sure it's in the Bible.

Sarcasm is such an ugly thing.

Invoking Reagan - a true act of desperation perhaps? Ranks right up there with the responses to embryonic stem cell research....."with all due respect to Mrs. Reagan, NO." Got to give it the old girl for promoting the one hardball question thrown that night.

Honestly, Guiliani still impresses me - he is flawed but he is liberal in all the right places. But I think his own party will tear him down.

So far, I think the dems have nothing to worry about.

B.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
So far, I think the dems have nothing to worry about.

B.

Especially considering the only way to elect one now is to vote Republican.

Imagine this debate.

Gay Marriage?

Hillary: Against it.

Rudy: I'm in one.

I mean WTF?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Dude, way too many Americans live in "Jesus Land" and profess to be "christians" while foaming at the mouth for war, the death penalty, killing abortion doctors and invoking a fascist state to make the rest of us into good "christians" in their own image. Who would Jesus bomb?

The US is so messed up with religion and propaganda they make Iran look like a secular state.

God is an American you know.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

True. But He knows where Bin Forgotten is and He's not telling. I'm pretty sure that makes God a person of interest to Homeland Security.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
They refer to Reagan as the modern idol for the Republican Party because is not body else, but what many forget . . . because they were too young is that Regan opened the door for fundamentalism to grow because he truly did not care one way or the other what was taught in schools all over the country.

Actually science got the biggest set back since the 70s while Reagan was in the presidency.

That tells you how much the Republicans care what our children learn in schools.

I guess this politicians been illiterate themselves or most of them they want the population to stay dumb and stupid so they do not grew up to see the screw up that our corrupted government has become.

Reagan also did not have much to say about women either in power or politics just like fundamentalist wanted it to be. Unless it was his beloved Nancy and we all know that, when it came to her she wore the pants in the White house.

No that he was a fundamentalist himself but what can I say he was an actor that played his role of president with an Oscar winning performance.

Perhaps we should bring back the true Reagan and his real legacy.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by marg6043]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Marge, you hit the nail right on the head, IMO. Reagan was the first one to be voted into office because of the huge support from the Christian Coalition. Remember the Moral Majority?

And that paved the way for subsequent presidential contenders to do the same thing, except that now it seems that the candidates are forced to pander to the fundies if they're serious about getting elected.

Personally, I think such things as do you believe in evolution-type questions are red herrings to distract from what's really going on.

The politicians, the theocratic element of fundies and the corporations have a stranglehold on American freedom.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I tell you, the GOP can not even call for help any of the members of the Regan family because they were not in the same sync and their older patriarch.

Remember when the Nancy daughter and Danny their son started to lobby for stem cell research and Danny sided with Democrats during the congress elections.

I tell you the GOP have not role model but a death icon that its legacy must be exaggerated for the believers pleasure.

I remember I did a piece a while back about fundamentalism then during the Regan years and how they have evolved with the Bush years to now as you can see the goal was to become the politicians of today under the umbrella of the GOP to push their fundamentalist agendas.

We are going to need more than God this time to help us all.

If you are a Republican pray that Gulliani win the primaries.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Marg, my scientist husband says that science started to go downhill during the '80's, which is Reagan's administration. He didn't seem to me to be too interested in science, but more faith and religion. It would make sense that science would have started going downhill then. By that I mean, people believe in science alot less and even ridicule it.
The Reagan family were all quite upset about Bush's stem cell policies and even accused Bush of riding on Reagan's coat-tails; something they really objected to.
I just don't understand how someone can know about the Reagan family's suffering (not just theirs, but as well as all the other families with this problem) and not want to help by federal funding of stem cell research. Such a blatant disregard for science, when science can potentially do much to allevaite suffering. (I know whereof I speak, my father died of Alzheeimer's and my mother currently has it.)

Science can do so much and we're just on the brink of discovering really amazing things, it's sad.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My daughter is graduating with two majors on Biology and she has high expectancy on research but she said that the whole biology program is under attack all the time at the University she is at.

They have their own pro activist group call students for stem cell research. As everything fundamentalist target the ignorance of the population to get the support their need.

You know is like everything in the world you see how totalitarian, theocratic and dictatorships goes after the thinkers and scientist before their start to take control of the rest of the population.

Here in our nation we are going throughout that same process in a more modern type of take over.

Yes scientist and medical Researchers will be allowed to pursue their projects but those projects will be controlled and their results manipulated, much of what we have seen going on right now under our own noses.

Pity.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You just have to laugh.

They are turning the US into such a backward nation. The sad thing is it will only get worse as more kids will be brainwashed into believing these things are the truth.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
bone jarringly dumb ghost hunters

HEY NOW! I'm a sometimes- ghost hunter, and I'm definatelly not 'bone jarringly dumb'.
(not even jarringly dumb ... just sometimes dumb).

One-Third of GOP Pres. Hopefuls Don't Believe in Science

That's not accurate.

If one-third of GOP pres. hopefuls don't believe in EVOLUTION ... that's different than not believing in science althogether. The title of this thread is misleading. Not believing in the UNPROVEN theory of evolution doesn't mean that they discount ALL SCIENCE.

Not that it matters, but for the record - I do not believe in creationism or in evolution. I simply don't care. God made us somehow .. we are here .. and it doesn't matter to me at all how we got here.

QUESTION - do these three GOP pres. hopefuls believe in creationism and the 7,000 year human history ... or do they believe in intelligent design, which means that SOMEHOW God created us, but not necessarily through Adam & Eve?? Most intelligent design people are open to God making us using any means He desired - anything from spot zap creationism, to evolution, to space seeding, to aliens .... etc etc

One last note - there are idiots throughout the political spectrum. Last time around we had Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson as DEM presidential hopefuls. If you want to throw stones at the republicans you might want to take a loooooong look at the dems who have been presidential hopefuls as well ...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well lookie here . Huckabee has a few more things to say about evolution and creationism. You might want to take another look at that math of yours RANT.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
LOL -- good post/thread subject, mister rant. I'm glad you brought this to the audience's attention. Aaah, it's nice to see the GOP self-destruct (that's just my personal opinion, not an insult to their party) in such a spectacular fashion. So they don't believe in science, eh? And the world is only 6000 years old.....HAH hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah!!!

[edit on 5-5-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I couldnt agree more!

He sure aint no middle easterner guy who stones a 17 yr old girl to death!
Different thread but so totally applies here!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal

He sure aint no middle easterner guy who stones a 17 yr old girl to death!
Different thread but so totally applies here!

No, he is not, he just sit comfortably in his white house office while he send our troops to be killed in a nation where hundreds of thousands has died under the false pretenses of liberation so his corporate partners can profit from war.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Who cares?! Religion and politics should not have anything to do with one another. Asking a political candidate about religious beliefs is pretty out of place... yet common.

Though when politicians use religion to make policies, it's just as bad, if not worse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join