It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One-Third of GOP Pres. Hopefuls Don't Believe in Science

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
... not that there's anything wrong with that

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by Rren
Evolution schmevolution, as it were. RANT, I believe, was being serious about the importance of this issue. I took the bait.

I heart you (in a very non-gay, good hair, Republican way).

I do have great hair! Should we hug or something?

BEST FOCUS GROUP EVAH!

Knew I smelled cheese! If I hadn't made that right turn I'd have found it on my own. I'm sure.

Have a good one, RANT. If indeed that's your real name. Also I believe, according to Aristotle that you do indeed exist as the result of a 'First Mover.' And of course, not for you As but us Cs whom may have missed it, Aquinas ammends to that, that First Mover was a non-contingent one. Epistemologically speaking, of course.

But you know how ignorant those mudders can be. Secular humanism... that's where the 'brights' go. Genius! Or diabolical, I'm waiting on the GOP and/or DNC to tell me what I really think. Perhaps its time for another yes/no raised hand poll and/or informal UFO/alternative topics focus group. Then we'll get to the bottom of this.

Good times.

Have a good one,
-Rren/Rob/mudder/democrat/rat in the maze

(edit)Oh yeah, let me get mine with a little cream and two sugars and, um... put it in the big mug with the I heart Jesus logo.

[edit on 10-5-2007 by Rren]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Okay, you know "RANT" doesn't exist right? I can't speak for "Marge" though as a phenomenologist....

But, I'm chomping at the bit for an epistemological discussion about the existence of "RANT" (and his or her entitlements) replacing the existence of GOD (and His or Hers) as legitimate GOP debate fodder.

Game? No really, game? I'll make coffee...

Rant,

You are wasting your time baiting with such techniques. You do however give confirmation to your moniker. RANT!!

THe title of this thread is

"One-Third of GOP Pres. Hopefuls Don't Believe in Science"

Where did it switch to

"the existence of GOD (and His or Hers) as legitimate GOP debate fodder."

Thus again verifying my point about the switch technique and disinfo and disinformation. Also about the placebo.

YOu begin a thread and then you dont like the views of people who post on it. Not very tolerant or thinking of you. No problem. I am just wont to point this out for you and others since many here seem wont not to notice this method. It is standard technique today to mark out territory as excellence.

No problem with you speaking for yourself. Some of us are wondering when and where you are going to get around to it and not a precanned program technique. It would help if you left out the runaway emotional levels. It comes across to the perceptive as insecurity.

THanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Not the fact of their beliefs, but that they were asked the question at all. This is politics, and whether or not a person believes in God should be left out of it. It almost looked like they didn't really want to raise their hands, and I don't blame them.

Having said that, they surely are making Napolean out to be a prophet. His quote: "In politics, stupidity is not a handicap."

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Not the fact of their beliefs, but that they were asked the question at all. This is politics, and whether or not a person believes in God should be left out of it.

believing in evolution and believing in god aren't mutually exclusive things.
speakeroftruth, a poster here, believes in both. the pope believes in both. and honestly, the right is the group that wants the question of whether or not someone believes in god to be hammered upon... mainly because only 45% of the country would vote for a well-qualified atheist running for their political party (the right voted much lower than the average)

It almost looked like they didn't really want to raise their hands, and I don't blame them.

for asking them if they believe in a scientific theory or not? listen, if anyone isn't believing in evolution at this point it isn't because they're scientifically questioning it, it's because they're refusing to look at science.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The title of this thread is a lie. Evolution is NOT science it isa religion. And since it is NOT science one can not make the claim this title does. Do I have to give you the definition of science and Theory for you to know the difference? I would be happy too, but I suspect you know what the definition of science is, Observable things that are repeatable, which evolution has nothing of. I believe we all came from Adam and Eve and you believe we all came from nothing and turned into rocks and those rocks became everything.. Hold on be right back.... Sorry I had to go outside and let that rock free, it just turned into a beetle. NO REALLY I OBSERVED IT.

I have the brain to know that my THEORY is a FAITH based idea, why won't you admit that yours is also a THEORY and is FAITH based.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
They don't believe in science yet when they get sick, have a heart attack or get hurt what do they do? Run to science whining save me! save me! make me better, I don't want to die! Why would they do that, don't they want to meet their maker as soon as possible, I mean according to them heaven and jeebus are the greatest things since sliced bread! Or is it that when death stares them in their faces they suddenly realize how stupid their believes are they come crawling back to science, the very thing they have been against yet the only thing that can save their hides?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Evolution has not been proven, and as a matter of fact most if not all evolutionary "cavemanish" links are lies that have been found out.

You are making a HUGE jump calling evolution, science and proven.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
They don't believe in science yet when they get sick, have a heart attack or get hurt what do they do? Run to science whining save me! save me! make me better, I don't want to die! Why would they do that, don't they want to meet their maker as soon as possible, I mean according to them heaven and jeebus are the greatest things since sliced bread! Or is it that when death stares them in their faces they suddenly realize how stupid their believes are they come crawling back to science, the very thing they have been against yet the only thing that can save their hides?

As opposed to a random thought that you have, that sounds good to you, could you please back up your statements with a link to an actual quote from a "they" you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Originally posted by Lecter

As opposed to a random thought that you have, that sounds good to you, could you please back up your statements with a link to an actual quote from a "they" you are talking about.

Dont have to, I often see people hold prayer sessions for the sick at the hospital I work at and that proves my point. Why do they run back to science if they have this "god" on their side?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join