It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

religion along with god is fake.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
Religion and faith are two different things. What's in the heart is what's important. History is littered with cultures that came to abrupt ends because they thought they were mightier than God.

name one.

My Mom always taught me, treat others how you would have them treat you. That's my religion.

so... you're a secular humanist? because that's the entire basis of secular humanism, EMPATHY.

My faith is not even faith anymore. It's knowing. I know God exists,

and how do you know?

and that He will destroy those who do not take the consequences of life in the afterlife seriously.

again.. how do you know?

Not trying to force you, just warning folks. Time is coming very soon. Be prepared.

Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station... I mean deity...

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Religion can not be "fake" for it encompasses to many things, you need to be more specific. The same goes for "god". Are you talking about Christianity? Also are you using the work fake to mean untrue or not real?
In order to have a discussion about this(if that is your intention) please focus more, and be specific.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicaltruth14
how dumb can people be that they still believe in fairy tales??
show me proof that god exists and that jesus was real. everything the church has done everything the bible says contridicts its self. religion seperates sociteys and nations. cauising hatred and war. religion has done more to defeat its purpose then to protect it.

Whats your mindset? What do you believe in then? How did we get here? Evolution? Thats just as much theory as religion is IMO. Should it be alright to call you an idiot based on your belief in evolution? :shk:

So to sum it up better, what is it that you believe in then?

PS. I noticed you have 2 warnings already. take it from someone who just received a post ban..you get 5 of those babys in 1 month then you get a post ban. So taker easy.

[edit on 023131p://5205pm by semperfoo]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I love how all the points the original poster thought he was going to accrue by creating such a trolling thread have all gone the way of the dodo due to warns.

Now, if the Astros can just win tonight my day will be complete.

Peace

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
Whats your mindset? What do you believe in then? How did we get here? Evolution? Thats just as much theory as religion is IMO.

religion ISN'T a theory, it is just a hypothesis. it has NO supporting evidence.
just an fyi, it's also a theory that you're made up of billions of individual cells, that the earth revolves around the sun, and that gravity functions.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I agree with madness -- laypeople don't understand what "theory" means in science-speak. They call scientific principles "theories" because they are always being questioned and changing with new information, but it does not mean what a layperson means by "theory" which is actually "hypothesis."

From www.answers.com...:

Definition of THEORY (scientific definition):

# A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

# The branch of a science or art consisting of its explanatory statements, accepted principles, and methods of analysis, as opposed to practice: a fine musician who had never studied theory.

# A set of theorems that constitute a systematic view of a branch of mathematics.

Same source, definition of HYPOTHESIS (what a layperson calls theory):

# A tentative explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem that can be tested by further investigation.

# Something taken to be true for the purpose of argument or investigation; an assumption.

Part of the problem with arguments such as these is that people are using the same word for two different perspectives and then getting them confused.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If you really feel that way, I feel sorry for you.

More than likely you are saying this to get some post.

But the truth is that you and your aetheist buddies are going to be in a lot of pain for eternity. Nice call

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I suggest that anybody that doesn't believe in God, watch this video
P.S. Make sure you watch the whole thing.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by stompk]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Sigh...

I used to be a hardcore atheist who thought all religion was complete bull and that religion needed to be wiped out...

Now I'm just agnostic, I try to respect people's religions, as long as those people respect other people's beliefs. I still have alot of problems with religion in general but still I try to be respectful.

I just dislike it when people use religion as an excuse to hate/persecute/kill people.

The reason I have no religion is simple: There are so many religions in the world, each religion thinks its the only right religion. How do you know which one is right? You can't prove any and many you can't disprove.

Oh I know this is what I mentioned lastnight. There are like 10 different Bibles each one for something different. Jews Catholics, Christians, Mormons, Pentacostal,Isalmic they have the Koran. Why did the Bible have to go through banning books and such. Why didn't they simply translate the Bible as is?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicaltruth14

Originally posted by darkelf
If you choose to not believe in any higher power, or religious belief, that is your perogative. Please give us an argument on why you believe what you do. Blanket statements and name calling do nothing to help deny ignorance.

your right its not polite to call people dumb or ignorant. but what else should they be called?
you say that they believe by faith and dont need proof. then why are there people on tv healing the sick saying that god granted them those powers that its by the power of god that they get healed and then they get charged money? theyre trying to prove god exists and at the same time steeling. religion requires committment. how can u commit to sumthing that shows u no proof of wat it is saying. god and religion is another tool of control power and to gain wealth. a blind person can see that.

Mod Edit: Shortened Quote.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by chissler]

I can tell you why people charge money for healing, because if man can make a fast buck he will. There are many people that use the christian faith for thier own gain. But don't let those people be the ones that influence your beliefs.
I have had a healing ministry and God has healed many people that I or others have prayed for. I came to faith a few years ago and God has given me proof of his existence many times over. Yes, some people believe by faith alone and I admire them for that but I think God knew that I was a person who needed a little more and if people ask he will give it them also.
So, please don't put me down as dumb or ignorant as I am neither.
Cheers
jon.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
I suggest that anybody that doesn't believe in God, watch this video
P.S. Make sure you watch the whole thing.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by stompk]

that just led me to a site with a bunch of stuff but not a specific video. being that open minded person i am i will watch it if you give me a link to a specific video. though i will not spare it from rational thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join