It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Countries Reporting Massive Honey Bee Disappearances

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hi All,

I picked this topic up, from the Earthfiles website?

April 26, 2007 - 'More Countries Reporting Massive Honey Bee Disappearances: China, Taiwan, Guatemala and Brazil.'

...'Honey bees have been disappearing since Fall 2006,
first reported in 24 American states. Now called Colony Collapse Disorder,
it's a spreading phenomenon in Canada, Europe,
China, Taiwan, Guatemala and Brazil. '...

www.earthfiles.com...

[Mod edit to ad ex tags and link]

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/4/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
That would be disasterous for mankind because we need bees to pollinate food crops. Some might laugh at this post for being frivolous, but it could be a nightmare if due to a viral epidemic amongst bee populations.

Is there any research of this problem or are there articles published about it?

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I note that there are 128 replies to an earthquake in Kent. Yeah okay interesting but who really cares about a little earthquake ?

Here we have a potential famine disaster which could not only affect the third world but the developed world too and nobody cares. Rather all talkfeast about earthquakes or 9/11.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Here we have a potential famine disaster which could not only affect the third world but the developed world too and nobody cares. Rather all talkfeast about earthquakes or 9/11.

Oh is that all?? I'm going back to sleep.......LOL..Just kidding..There are at least a few other threads here on ATS about this subject..I'll look for the links

Here you go this link is the jackpot: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4/28/2007 by gotanybob]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is troubling, but contrary to what some may believe, it has nothing to do with Cell phones. There is a fungus that is destroying the hives and we need to find a solution FAST!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yea, I heard about that fungus too. I am starting to wonder, though, if all the bees have just migrated to different areas that are fungus free. I have more bees here than I have seen in a very long time. My dad in New Mexico also said that the bee farmers down there are astonished at how many bees, and how much honey they have.

I remember when I was in elementary school, during recess, the honey bee migration went through the playground. It was so amazing. We all had to lay flat on the ground. there was a solid sheet of bees flying about three feet off the ground. I was so amazed how they flew. It wasnt like a cloud of bees, it was a flat sheet of bees.

Perhaps bee activity should be watched more closely like we are now doing with sharks and birds. Maybe they know something we dont.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
first fungus (how come it happened simaltaneously across the world though?), then algae for the fish, is nature turning on itself, or is man-ufacturers somehow exacerbating the problem with pollutants and harmful chemicals, which maybe harmless to man, but devastating to the delicate land and marine ecologies.

I I wonder why if this is a world event, that priority has not ben given to find the cause also I wonder what part of the food chain will be next?

If it is fungus, then this should have been happening for many years, so someone must have written or have published a paper on this?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This just in from BBC:

Virus implicated in bee decline

A virus has emerged as a strong suspect in the hunt for the mystery disease killing off North American honeybees.

Genetic research showed that Israeli Acute Paralysis Virus (IAPV) turned up regularly in hives affected by Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD).

More as it unfolds.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hi all -- FYI:
LMH's Earthfiles is reporting (Sept 7) the virus has been located as originating from Australia.

EARTHFILES:
September 7, 2007 - Honey Bee DNA Study Finds
Australian Virus in Colony Collapse Disorder
www.earthfiles.com...

Hoping this is the beginning of the end for the present widespread loss of the world's Honey Bees, thus civilization will continue.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by deaman88

I live in Queensland, Australia, East Coast, and can say that I haven't seen a honey bee for ages.

we used to have lots of them at our rural property.

Now we only get giant flies or wasps....

although come to think of it, insects in general seem to have become a lot scarcer than normal. Has anyone else noticed this?

And we have some little wild birds that usually feed on insects, and the last year or so, one has started coming to us and squawking like made because she wanted to be fed. I had the feeling that for some reason she was hungrier than normal.

?? Einstein said we only have 4 years left as a species to survive if the bees every disappear....

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
speaking personally, I kind of miss the little critters...

feels quite lonely without them....

:/

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

rapunzel222
reply to post by deaman88

I live in Queensland, Australia, East Coast, and can say that I haven't seen a honey bee for ages.

we used to have lots of them at our rural property.

Now we only get giant flies or wasps....

although come to think of it, insects in general seem to have become a lot scarcer than normal. Has anyone else noticed this?

And we have some little wild birds that usually feed on insects, and the last year or so, one has started coming to us and squawking like made because she wanted to be fed. I had the feeling that for some reason she was hungrier than normal.

?? Einstein said we only have 4 years left as a species to survive if the bees every disappear....

I live in Perth and theres still loads of bee's around here! And other grosse creepy crawlies.. I buy a honey from over there that is good so hopefully they aren't disappearing.. Although that would be a pretty big conspiracy if they were disappearing considering the endless uses and benefits of honey! Liquid gold!

I have read quite a few places this is happening over in the US to the bee's because of GMO crops & they are even bringing bee's in from Australia now Here is a good article with some info on that. We are very lucky in Australia to have rather healthy bee's if your using honey for medicinal purpouses its best to source a local organic one because then its more beneficial to you. I use a different one for cooking & if im sick, i love Manuka for medicinal, NZ & Australia are lucky for that too! Lol.
edit on 30-3-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Shana91aus

it's good they're still out where you are.

I don't know why they aren't on our property anymore. we abut a lot of rural bushland near Brisbane. But they used to be here all the time, so it's weird.

although the council took over a lot of the bush and has been spraying insecticide 24D a lot - so whether that has anything to do with it maybe. dunno...

top topics

join