It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H&K G36: Is it legal in the states?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I really like the look of this weapon, it is very nice looking, apparently fairly lightweight and quite a good overall rifle. It is the current rifle of service for the German military as well as the Spanish military, so it must be good (better than that British SA-80, *grin*).

I happen to live in Va *shocker*, though easily a 5hr drive from where that recent incident happened and no im not crazy. I am not even planning on buying soon. I may in a year or so. I wanted to narrow it down to an ideal rifle for myself between the AK-47 firing 7.62 round, the same gun firing NATO round, the AR-15 (modern variant) firing NATO round, or the H&K G36 firing NATO. I wonder if they are relatively inexpensive due to being service rifles, I wonder if you can order one at a cheap price because of this, I mean.

Speaking of which, would it be really hard to get a G36 in the USA, Virginia?

Serious replies please.
Lets be mature..

PS: I'm 24. Not a convicted felon, clean record other than a misdemeanor, non violent (reckless driving). I'm also left handed and the G36 is ambidextrous in its' design..

you know those 30 round translucent clips are dope.. as is the polymer, carbon fiber on the gun at places..

[edit on 4/22/2007 by runetang]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
heres two more lovely shots.

and, stock folded into "close quarters tactical position"

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
No, it's not. Ownership of fully automatic weapons is legal with the proper paperwork, but only for weapons made before 1986. The first G36 wasn't made until 1995. You can own the SL8 however, which is the semiauto varient of the G36:

H&K weapons are expensive; the SL8 is around $2000.

[edit on 22-4-2007 by Aviator]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
hi i am from greece,i was in the army and we used G3A3,but your gun seems perfect for ground troops,light and powerful.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
No, you can´t have the G36 as a civilian. Apart from the semi-auto regulation and the HK policy of not selling low numbers to civilians when you can sell s**tloads to governments, it is the protectionist import laws for firearms of the USA that prevent that.

What you CAN have, as was pointed out above, is the SL8, a sport shooter variant with, reportedly, amazing out-of-box accuracy. This rifle you can THEN tune to a G36 Lookalike that noone without a certain knowledge or interest in guns could differentiate from the proper mil version.

Problem is that you are looking at an investment of 2500$ or more there. Go here for more info.

Originally posted by runetang
and, stock folded into "close quarters tactical position"

Actually thats the "Lets sit more comfortably in our APC"-position

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
you can also get a m16 variant in almost any cal you want from 5.56 to .50 beowulf . i had a bushmaster in 7.62x39 but traded it for a bushmaster m17.
www.army.lt...

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have 2 G36KE. They are POST DEALER SAMPLES. So yes you can own them. But you have to get your FFL then your SOT. Get a demo letter from a le agency. You get to keep them after the demonstation for as long as you keep paying the 500 every June and stay a SOT. HK had plans on a civi semi G36 but imported more SL8s for whatever reason. I guess to keep out of VPCs crosshairs.

later

[edit on 24-4-2007 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Here is a full auto airsoft replica G36 for $290

www.airsplat.com...
www.classicarmy.com...

Shoots like 20 bb a second

[edit on 24-4-2007 by NLDelta9]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NLDelta9
Here is a full auto airsoft replica G36 for $290

Shoots like 20 bb a second

[edit on 24-4-2007 by NLDelta9]

Great for collectors, but maybe not what the OP is looking for. On the same topic, I have a Styer AUG of the same variety. Its pretty much useless for anything other than collection and the fun of playing airsoft...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
why do you want a g36 anyways? they look kinda cool but is it really worth $2000+? just get an AK-74/47, theyre cool looking and you can get them for as low as $500

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Actually you can. It all depends on 2 factors.
1. How much do you want to spend?
2. Full-Auto or Semi only.

Many independent gun dealers can find both for you a price. Now before people start yelling “YOU CANT OWN FULLY-AUTOMATIC WEAPONS IN THE US!!!!” you can, all you need is a license from the ATF. IT takes some time and around $500.00 for and the proper forms filled out, and like $150 (?) a year for renewal. Also you need to let the local Sheriff know about what kind of weapons you have. Try the web site Guns America, or check your local independent dealer.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by The_Jackal94]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here you go:

www.gunbroker.com...

You'll need a Class III permit plus the $4K, but that'll get you pretty close to the real thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

top topics

join