It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Demons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I was thinking of responding to this email but when I sat back and thought about it for a moment Springers signature came to mind

Never argue with an idiot he will just bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

These people are sad pathetic and just morally corrupt. We shouldn't look upon them with anger just pity. To think they waste their lives angry at a world that they cannot control.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Man where to start...

I grew up in Topeka, my family also happens to be a family of lawyers... These guys have been around for a LONG long time. I remember them protesting from the early 80's onwards.

The first one I remember was at an ordinary bookstore that happened to deal a little tame smut (playboy/penthouse at the most). A buncha punks had gotten a counter protest together and were recieving more recognition from their "honk if you like b**bs" signs. Man that pissed those guys off.

Then they started hanging out around the park and protesting "f@gs" there. I guess Gage Park had become known as kind of a gay hook up hot spot. How did they know? Anyway the vile rhetoric was flying proud for a long time around that place.

Now back to my family of lawyers. I heard about this stuff back in the Phelps' picketing the"Gay" park era (or mid '80s). My grandfather had some hand in getting the reverend Phelps disbarred and he held a pretty biblic grudge. There was talk about the Phelps' taking their children (this would be Fred, and the children here would include the mom from the OP) to Kansas City and kicking them out into the toughest neighborhoods to proselytise and sell candy door to door. Dropped off in the early morning and not picked up until after dark. I am not sure but I think that this was referred to as child endagerment and might have played into the disbarment. His kids would have been as old as my mother and uncle, so I would guess that this all went down in the 60's.

Now, it could have just been happenstance, or the grudge from my grandfathers doings... BUT, my cousin's funeral was the first that they ever picketed. They picketed "because" he died of AIDs. It feels bad to me knowing that if it could have been stopped back then (early 90's now), maybe it wouldn't be going on now. But what can you do about it? The police were called, they weren't on the funeral home's grounds.

I like to credit my mother with saving his life. I didn't know my cousin all that well, but he was one of my favorites from that side of the family. When I saw the mob as I drove in I was incenced (to say the least), this was MY family he was doing this to! "Doing this to!" I aimed my car straight at him and accelerated! I guess my mom had been watching for me, she came running. I didn't run him down. But I did pop a curb and park in someones lawn close enough that I could get to him before she could get to me. I got all up in his face and called him a Nazi effer, and proceeded to zieg heil at him and spit invectives laced with the ef word (and hopefully spittle). Mom and one of his sons got to me at the same time. I saw the guy running up to me (the son) wielding his sign like a baseball bat. I turned and shouted "bring it on fat *invective*!!!" Mom pulled me away and I was praying the jerk would hit me in the back, but I saw Fred wave him off...

I had the chance and the passion to end his madness (and would probably be out of prison for it by now) and didn't take it... I really can't say if I wished I would have now.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Whargoul, that was a very heartfelt post there, and Im sorry you had to have first hand exp with this SOB. I have done alot of digging into Freds story.. Yes this goes way back to the time where he spoke up for blacks rights, and was a very active member in his home town.
There are vidoes about this called Hatemongers 1-12 on google.. its a little more background on the phelps family. And how this got turned into such a vile and twisted way to express your rights as Americans.
Im glad you didnt waste your life by feeding into the hate in which they created.. I have nothing but love and hope for you and your family, you are only human.. And one of these days, its going to get out of hand.. someone is going to flip, and ruin their life, and feed the phelps nutty lifestyle even more so..
whatukno aswell, you did well in holding back your anger.. No reason to stoop to their level.. Your a good person at heart I can tell, I think most of us here are noble souls, and can raise above something as dark and vile as this.

Edit:Added link here.

www.youtube.com...
Thats part 1.. theres 12 parts, and is a bit hard to take, after watching this stuff I was drained, and feel a bit tired today after going threw all this.. But it gave me a better veiw on the subject, and even the most Crazy nut balls like Fred Phelps can be right about a few things, yet he just totally takes a crap in his own bowl of coolaid, and serves it up warm to the public.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by zysin5]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
i have a friend who served in iraq and she missed being bombed in the chow hall there by abu al-zarqawi ( however u speelll that LOL) by a matter of one hour and she told me about this guy and it just seems so ironic that despite that the soldiers are fighting for the freedoms of the phelps people that they can in turn bite them in the ass by picketing funerals. i mean yes unfortunately they have a right to express the feelings of hatred, we all do but the sad thing is its an even bigger disgrace to God himself. i for one am thankful to our soldiers and my friends and family serving, and we should pity the kids who are being raised in this sad environment and pray for them to see the light, hate me if u want but even the phelps are god's children they just ummm are screwed in the head LOL

byw, dont they know that in the book of john its says to hate someone is like murder in the eyes of God? and murderers dont make it thro the pearly gates?

[edit on 4-5-2007 by vonwoolf appollonia]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here is a little video I would like to share with you all..
Marcus Brigstocke is a man with alot to say about radicals like Phelps..

You see with my research Ive found that there are 3 types..

Each of these has its radicals, And these radicals are really messing it up for the rest of us..

Take some time to watch it fully before you flame me, or make an ill post.. Watch the whole thing!!

Also if you have extra time, please listen to the story.. From the druid in the forest.. I have respect for this man.. He speaks the truth!

[edit on 15-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I must agree with you on the druid! I also looked at another of his and his walk through Xtianity. He has found his life/calling and peace.
good post zysin5

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Does anyone have any new, news from these people? I have not heard anything after the VT event. It seems people are doing the right thing by not giving to much attention to these folks.
Yet I think its always a good idea to keep tabs on them.. ITs like keeping an eye on that red flag.. Sooner or later there is going to be a big mess.
It would be nice if we could avoid that all together. But we should know whats going on to get the word out..

Peace folks

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
zysin5 i wanna say how much i loved ur first video, i agree with just about everything u said. and thank you for standing up to all 3 religions. esp. the jews, i dont know how many times ive heard or myself said sometihgn in question towars a isreali policy or how some of them can behave becauase of 'the chosen ones' thing and not been labeled and anti-semitic, lol im not just opinionated. thank you

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by vonwoolf appollonia

You are welcome
But being only one man, I do not tell anyone what to belive, or how to feel about it.. Its up to you to make up you're own mind.

But when you bring it up in others faces, and travle long distances to proclaim you're faith on others, Is simply put.. WRONG!

UPDATE!!!

This is perfect!!! Their movement has backfired in their faces!!

And now are gonig about an appeal for an 11 million dollar lawsuit!!!

Finally something in this world that isnt backwards!!!
They are stepping up to stop these sickos!

If anything they make us all stronger.. And bring us together on comman ground!

Sure, things might be screwed up in this world.. But these sick puppies make this world ten times worse!!
And do no good with what they say.. NO GOOD at all!

Infact Shirely had her son out of WED-lock.. They dont even follow their own message of Hate!!

I am happy to announce that they are getting sued big time! And not winning this one!!!
Im happy to watch Faux News on this one..

The only time I agree with Fox!!! And I mean the only time!

[edit on 15-2-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
People from time to time should be reminded of people like this..
NOT to give them any due attention.. But a reminder of what sick ideas can be twisted from the bible.. And the said word of God.

They are christians.. And are allowed to make fools of themselfs as much as they like..
Yet as posted above.. They got sued for millions of dollars..

Hopefully it will drain them of funds so we don't have to see them in our towns and cities anymore..

They can stay home.. Broke! And not have the money to travle like they did for a long time..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join