It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get to know me...very well!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Military training is a good background for a job as a body guard. Seems like you'd be good for the job - don't smoke, don't drink - and you're loyal.

What's your favorite book?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well, I like the book A KAK JIZN KOROTKA ( oh how short life is) it is in Russian
and is about the Russian mob, I liked the book alot it was full of twists and was fun to read

Books are great

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
RS,

Lets say you went back home to Russia. You are in the military there.

Sadly, war breaks out and we here in the US have been invaded...Your on a sub headed right for our shores. ......

You come face to face with people who were once your friends here, what would you do?

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Shar]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I would take out my enemy, and if my enemy was my also a friend, I would take him out, too.

But this scenario most likely will not happen and I hope it doesn't too

but if it did, it would suck

edit to add: btw, I hear that question ALOT

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Russian soldier]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

would take out my enemy, and if my enemy was my also a friend, I would take him out, too.

wow, that was sad. I hope thing's like that would never ever happen as well.

What is your favorite movie?

What is your favorite music?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
My favorite movies are all Russian
, among my favorites include "Sormat", and "Pobeg", the first is the name of the person about whome the movie is, the second movie means "on the run", those 2 are VERY VERY good movies and I like them alot. I like Russian movies about war and the military (my favorite genre
) I also like about the mafia, gangstaz and rappers, also movies about Russian Milizia are pretty good, and of course movies about "getting it on, er sexual movies
hehe, but not romance, that is my least favorite genre

My favorite muzika?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

wow, that was sad. I hope thing's like that would never ever happen as well.

I sincerely hope so, too, I would not be happy about doing it, maybe not at the moment, because I would stop myself from feeling any emotion, but later on yes, it would hurt me alot, but I am going to the army and must be prepared to make serious decisions, and I am going to be as ready as I'll ever be.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hey Russain Soldier ,
Is Russia communist? I had always thought that Russia was a communist contry. But if you are wanting to move back there it must not be.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have a half brother who is now retired from the army. I believe he was an E8. Don't know what that is.

But, anyways when I was 16 I asked him a question. I said,"So are you one of those Sergents that yell at the new comers" He said to me," It's my job to prepare them for war, in case they ever have to go. I don't want to be responsible for their deaths." I could never join the military.

Don't get me wrong I support our troops. But, I'm very sensitive to death. I would not be able to kill someone. My brother G fought in the iraq war. He won't talk about it. All he said to me was, " it was loud. You don't get much sleep. and he said he perfer something coming down from the air where you could dodge it rather than a bullet coming at him." I really have no idea how he is really. I love him but he don't talk much. He almost died over there and he didn't even tell me. I heard through the grapevine. He had got a scratch on him and some kind of infection that they had the hardest time curing. They were about to airlift him out of iraq when his fever finally broke. But like I said he never told me. Wars happen all the time, I know. But man it's sad.

What is your favorite thing about our country here? The US.

What do you think you will miss the most about our country here?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by minnie
Hey Russain Soldier ,
Is Russia communist? I had always thought that Russia was a communist contry. But if you are wanting to move back there it must not be.

Russia used to be communist, at that time it was known as the USSR. During the Communist era, alot of harm was done to the people of Russia, including my family. Now everything is alot better, and yes, it is a Democracy. I have alot of people who are my family and friends who live there currently very happily. I love my country very much and miss it and am eager to return.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Russian soldier]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
I have a half brother who is now retired from the army. I believe he was an E8. Don't know what that is.

Don't get me wrong I support our troops. But, I'm very sensitive to death. I would not be able to kill someone. My brother G fought in the iraq war. He won't talk about it. All he said to me was, " it was loud. You don't get much sleep. and he said he perfer something coming down from the air where you could dodge it rather than a bullet coming at him." I really have no idea how he is really. I love him but he don't talk much. He almost died over there and he didn't even tell Wars happen all the time, I know. But man it's sad.

What is your favorite thing about our country here? The US.

What do you think you will miss the most about our country here?

Yes, war can be terrible, it isn't exactly going on a preschool field trip

Yeah, alot of people I know served in the Soviet and Russian army and they have told me alot about it, alot of important things. This is my thing though, I am ready for the happiest and saddest moments. And I am definetley ready to die.

My favorite thing about this country are the kind and respectful people, the women
, and the "gangstaz" lol, and definetley the rap, lots of respect to Tupac Shakur, R.I.P.

What I will miss most here is my mother, little sister, and grandparents, some of the places, and my one true friend. Also I will miss going to ATS, since I probably won't be able to while in the army, though in Russia itself I will

There are probably other things I will miss, though I can't think of.

I'll tell you one thing, there is alot more that I miss about Russia, and its been a while so I'm very anxious to get there

But you havn't seen the last of me
, I might be back, though I'm not promising that I will survive. I am the kind of person who always expects the worst and is ready for it, therefore I will be ready if I lose my life or something. You know, better to be ready for the worst and face the best, then be ready for the best and face the worst. Besides, not accepting that you can die when you go to combat is a bad thing, which can also prove disasterous to you AND your comrades.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
I would take out my enemy, and if my enemy was my also a friend, I would take him out, too.

But this scenario most likely will not happen and I hope it doesn't too

but if it did, it would suck

edit to add: btw, I hear that question ALOT

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Russian soldier]

Your answer is exactly what I thought it would be on that one. I heard about this once somewhere and thought it well to say this in reply to this.

A certain protocol in battle was not to kill the enemy, but to seriously injure them (non-lethal crippling wound). In this manner it required two enemy soldiers to tend to their comrade, which reduced their fighting capacity.

There is some wisdom to that in achieving the goal of winning a battle. It isn't necessary always to destroy your enemy, but to merely incapacitate them to gain the advantage.

I also read a certain biblical battle where the enemy made a condition of surrender without death if they could cut out one eye of each surrendering soldier as a means of preventing the fighting men of being warriors again. I don't remember the outcome of that one.

Either way though, a good soldier is under no illusion of what they might have to do. A very respectful answer you provided RS.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Thank you, though you do have a very good point, in the heat of battle it won't be easy to do that. Also, a personal belief I have is if I don't kill the enemy, he can come back and kill me. Likewise, if the enemy doesn't kill me, I will come back to kill him. But if it is a friend, it definetley would sound better to only injure him, but I don't think that would work. And oh yeah, for those of you who are thinking of going to the army and say that you wouldn't hurt the enemy if he was your friend, remember that that same friend will take advantage of that most likely and kill you, just a reminder

Yeah, war is a very complicated thing, and sometimes you have to do things that you don't like to...now I don't mean committing crimes in warfare, that's a big no no
, and something that pists me off alot too

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
When are you going back to Russia? Do you already know where you will be living, are you going to stay with family for a while?

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I"m goin back in a few months, for now I'm gonna work and perhaps get into the University for the Summer, so right after Summer, I am really anxious to go, but I gotta handle my bussiness first

I'm gonna probably be staying at Moscow, which is where I'm from, but I am thinking of going to St. Petersburg ( I love that city!) Yeah, I'll be staying with family

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm giving this thread a boost, I'm sure there are alot of questions people still have, yes?

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What is St. Petersburg like? What makes you love that city?

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It is very beautiful, and alot of it is also old fashioned. It is also more peaceful then Moscow

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
What is your

favorite hobby?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join