It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The group webcam watching idea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ok, thought i'd start a new thread for this idea seeing as it was welcomed by those who participated last night.

Basically the idea was this:

We pre-determine a day and time to begin collectively watching a particular location which is covered by live webcams. Obviously, it needs to show a large section of the sky, prefferably a city-scape or something similar and needs to have quite a high refresh rate. admittedly finding such cams might be difficult, but at this stage its still just an idea.

If we locate a suitable sight and cam, we could then decide on the time frame for it to be viewed and let everyone know.

If this works out we could eventually see and document something of significance.

Ok, so for those who are willing to participate, we need to begin to look for somewhere to view. Any ideas for refining this idea are obviously welcome.

Lets see where this goes...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited to add Web cam locations...

Webcam Groupings

kamera.kartet.no...

www.earthcam.com...

Individual Web Cams

Kitt Peak

Casey Station Antarctica

Mt St Helens

Eiffel Tower, Paris

Arizona

Rio Grande

Pyramids, Egypt

Rim of the World

Wired New york - Albany

Popocatepetl, Mexico

Palasheea's lake Erie cam

Mt. Wilson, California

[edit on 16/4/07 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
this sounds like a really good idea and i will be behind all the way in trying to set this up the only webcams that i know of are the ones by the bbc which you can place on your site which gives live views of the area.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Does it make any sense that cameras in some geographic locations may have a higher sighting frequency?

One out at Rachel or Mercury would be a groove. Newfoundland's Atlantic coast would be cool too. NM? For sure White Sands. Utah, R-6413? Is there anything with any view of Nellis or Dryden?

I may be able to get a location near CFB Downsview... just small white jets mostly.... Cold Lake ALTA too...

Oops, company's here...

Later,

vic

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
When ever we do another vast sky watch count me in if i am available at the time.

It was fun and we may just get something interesting some day.

But let's make sure to read up on the camera we are using before hand hehe.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Count me in

I look forward to this,

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yeah that was super fun - even though we didnt see anything. Everybody scour the internet for great live cam feeds that point to the sky. I would try observatories and university cams first... then maybe traffic cams and personal cams.

Somebody prophesize another event so I can go watch another cam!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Count me in too!
The fact is, the stars, the moon and even airplane flashing lights don't show up (or hardly so -- if they do, they are very,very faint) when recording MOVIES AT NIGHT of those things with non-infrared camcorder's of any quality i.e. high end cams (6.1 mp and up) and so on -- yet, even if you are only using a 1.3 MP webcam, those UFO's that are zipping around up there of any shape and size DO show up in those webcam movies too regardless if you see them while you have the cam on record or if you do NOT see them while you are recording -- they are so bright, they show up anyways even if you didn't see them while recording where on playback, you see them very clearly. (but some UFO's only show up on playback where they were not seen at all when recording the movie)

It does not make any difference what kind of cam-movie combo gizmo or gadget you are using at the time that those objects appear up there (seen or unseen at the time when the recording is made because many of them zip by so quickly, one can only see them when one slows down the movie on playback sometimes but one can clearly see on playback that 'something' is zipping by) -- so this webcam idea is excellent because webcams are just as capable as any regular camcorder is as far as picking up such objects -- neither one can pick up stars, Venus, the moon and if they do show up (and I'm talking about regular camcorders in this case) , they are so faint, they are hardly noticeable at all.

PS --I'm not talking about photo's taken with a flash -- I'm talking about MOVIES recorded by those cam/movie combo's or camcorders (of course, camcorders too can take photo's with flash too).

The fact is, UFO's of any kind are so bright, they show up not only when using a regular camcorder but also when just using a plain old 1.3 mp webcam -- yet neither one can pick up even the moon at it's brightest, let alone the stars or Venus. If they do show up at all in a regular camcorder movie, they appear as small teeny tiny dots -- but only after brightening up the movie considerably in a movie editor.

[edit on 14-4-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here's my favorite webcam site. Yes, I'm norwegian
It's a clickable map with lots of webcams. The first green spot under "Mobile kamera" gives the option to watch cameras on several different coastliners along the coast of Norway.

kamera.kartet.no...

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
maybe we should set up are own personal webcams adn point them at the sky it might be fun too.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Like I said in the other thread, you can count me in.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
awesome, if anyone can set up a cam for this purpose, then I would urge them to do it. I found these two cams which may be suitable:

www.noao.edu...

These are located in the quinlan mountains in arizona.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

kamera.kartet.no...

From that map, a webcam from Svalbard (arctic island north of Norway). It's after midnight now, but it looks like it's still daylight. The land of the midnight sun. I think I can see a UFO in the horizon over there...

www.svein-nordahl.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There's no need for any fancy webcam to carry out this experiment -- any plain old webcam will do. Granted it's better to have one of those more high end webcams but what I'm trying to say is, UFO's, which are very, very bright, show up also when just using a regular webcam.

What I'm also saying is, regular camcorder don't even pick up the stars, the moon or even airplane lights (only talking about recording after nightfall)-- and if they do, such lights are very, very faint. Regular webcams are even worse, they don't pick up stars or ghe moon or airplane lights at all. But BOTH pick up those UFO lights of any shape and form that are ZIPPING around up there very clearly. Granted, those UFO's recorded with high end camcorders produce better images, but at least webcams can be kept on all the time where it's not necessary to even be there while it's recording.
There should also be 'snap screenshot' thing on the page where those webcam's are inserted on so that anyone who logs on to those pages who happens to see an anomolous object in those webcams will be able to click on a button to take a 'screenshot' of that sighting which will automatically go into a database set up for those screenshots of what was showing in that webcam at any particular time.

[edit on 14-4-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yes, count me in! If i'm available i will participate!

That was lots of fun last night!!!!!

And maybe we can pick a spot- any spot on earth with a web cam and change locations to watch as we go along!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'd like to volunteer for consideration by all concerned the notion that we petition the ATS Administration for a dedicated moderator for any mass events to ensure the tone of last night's accidently wonderful event is maintained for all to reasonably enjoy? Kind of a guaranteed monitor?

Any mod would be OK by me (cough-cough... unintelligible - masqua - conscription - first to respond - cough) so I won't put forth any ideas on that on recusal. Arbitor of "the view" so to speak. We must do Mount Wilson again at some point!

I also would like to know about how Chonx or dgtempe or others feel about being "persuaded" to be our "civvy" co-ordinators who might be responsible for sorting out the when, where schedule and if multiple sources - team primary and secondary "eyes-on" responsibilities like capture?

Some of the locations so far sound way smokin'... hot summer nights - "looking up". Thoughts?

Vic

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
before we go ahead with this plan we need to decide a list of webcams that we can watch and a suitable viewing date i would suggest a Friday night.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hmmm. That a good idea. I wonder if any particular night has more "eyes" than others here at ATS? Could anyone reading this help finding that stat out?

Friday is 4sure good by me but I'd quite likely make arrangements to do it almost any night - it was that fun.

Vic

[edit on 14-4-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think Mexico would be a good place to start.

Sorry for the 1 line post, so i guess my apology made it not a one line post but still what a waste of space to explain this haha...

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This one is in Antartica.

www.aad.gov.au...

[edit on 14-4-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I would suggest sundays, it's a night when you are most likely not gonna go out.

[edit on 14-4-2007 by selfless]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join