It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The group webcam watching idea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienhunters
maybe we should set up are own personal webcams adn point them at the sky it might be fun too.

Dude, ATSers should all get webcams and point them upward. ATS could become the sinlge largest UFO monitoring system ever!!

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I actually saw something on the Eiffel Tower camera, at first a thought it was a bug, but it looks to far away.

Photo

Does anyone know what that is?

Edit: There is a second object to the left of the picture, probably a plane though.

[edit on 4/15/2007 by Alien42]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien42
Does anyone know what that is?

Right away, I'm thinking pidgeon (blurry wings).

Nice catch, though...this is exactly the way we should be doing this... posting whatever we see that we're not sure of.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i just found out that i will only be able to join if its on a friday or saturday night thats gonna be the only time im free as we havent set a date, post you suggestons of when you free and we should go with that

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Right away, I'm thinking pidgeon (blurry wings).

Your probably right.
My family thinks that it looks like a helicopter though.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
A volcano which has a lot of UFO activity allegedly, Popocatepetl!!

Yes, I really shouldn't know how to spell that......

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Just to note on the 16th April,

ASTEROID FLYBY: On April 16th, asteroid 2007 GU1 will fly past Earth. There's no danger of a collision. The 50 meter-wide space rock will be 500,000 miles away at closest approach, about twice the distance to the Moon. An asteroid about this size may have caused the Tunguska explosion of 1908 when a meteoritic airburst leveled 800 sq. miles of Siberian forest. Such an impact occurs every thousand years or so, researchers believe. 2007 GU1, fortunately, is one of the misses.

www.spaceweather.com...

Just in case you see anything in the sky and think 0-0

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
www.mycampage.com...

Just set up a quick live webcam page. I've my webcam duck-taped to the railing of my balcony that's on the top floor of a 22 story hi-rise overlooking Lake Erie.

Will have to take if down though if it starts raining out there but just showing it now at least until then.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
hahaha brilliant.

Just be careful as your ip address is a little exposed in that page.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Just set up a quick live webcam page. I've my webcam duck-taped to the railing of my balcony that's on the top floor of a 22 story hi-rise overlooking Lake Erie.

Nice work. Palasheea

I've included it on the list available in the original post.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Thanks -- was easy as pie!
And will see about that ip address, not sure what I can do about that.

It's getting darker by the minute now so soon this cam will be showing nothing but blackness. But it will be interesting to see if there are any bright lights zipping around anywhere later on. Once again, this cam will not pick up the stars, moon or even flashing lights from small aircraft (but those rarely fly by anyway over the area where I'm located).

Can't wait for the sunrise tomorrow morning. If it's not too cloudy, it should be beautiful!

A lot of birds flying around now...

PS -- Venus is brightly shining up there now but this cam is not picking that up at all.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well i don't think we will be able to see much from that web cam Palasheea.

I don't know if it's the web site hosting the image or your cam but the image quality is not good enough to tell apart a bird from a plane..

Edit: In fact, i don't even think you could see a plane on the cam shot period.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by selfless]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I am suprised at how quicky this has come along. dudes, your efforts are truely commendable, awesome stuff.

Shall we set a date?

This Friday could work (20th), plenty of time to find loads more cams (not that list we have isn't impressive already) and it would give everyone enough notice.

Whats the general consensus?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Well i don't think we will be able to see much from that web cam Palasheea.
I don't know if it's the web site hosting the image or your cam but the image quality is not good enough to tell apart a bird from a plane..
Edit: In fact, i don't even think you could see a plane on the cam shot period.
[edit on 15-4-2007 by selfless]

It's true. My webcam will not pick up the stars, moon, venus or even aircraft flashing lights -- but it does pick up on those very, very bright anomalous light's we see zipping around up there sometimes late at night.
Below are some images of some strange lights from a short webcam movie I recorded last summer one night over the same exact area where the webcam is facing now in this live webcam.

Chonx -- Friday night is fine for me -- my schedule is pretty wide open.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
friday the 20th is fine with me as well, so is that when were setting it or not make sure you put it where we can see it

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
20th, Good for me also!

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
so should we say this friday the 20th then, now we need a start time whick is gonna be a problem

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
How about we make the entire day (April 20) the viewing window?

The reason being the different timezones the membership covers as well as allowing some room for logging in and out. I think there will be more members participating than have posted the intention on this thread.

Anything questionable which presents itself is posted for discussion and can then be discussed at our leisure.

Nice pics on the webcam, Palasheea... it'll be interesting finding out just what those lights were.

BTW... I'm on for Friday.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Sorry I haven't had time to go through this whole thread so I might be bringing up something which has already been discussed, but:

It seems you are all advocating watching the cameras manually. Surely it would be better to do a SETI@home thing and have a distributed processing network that looked for moving objects and analysed the type of movement.

Anything with a straight vector would be a plane. Anything flying slowly would be a bird. Anything else is of huge interest, this sort of information isnt that hard to sort out automatically.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
OOoo.. Looks like I got a date with ATS this Friday night.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join