It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw the virgin mary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
A couple of days ago, I was typing in things on my computer and I caught this figure in the corner of my left eye. It was a kneeling girl with her hands together and had clothes on that looked like the ones the Virgin Mary wears in pictures I've seen her in. Then I turn around and she disappears. There is nothing in that direction that I could mistaken for Mary, so it must be her. She must of been praying.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You are a very lucky and blessed person to see such a thing. Make sure you take it for what it is and re-evaluate why you were chosen to see her and live your life accordingly.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There's no picture of mary how did you know it was her?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
the other day i thought i saw a burglar out of the corner of my eye in my house. i look and it's gone, it's just me seeing things. but when people see the virgin mary instead of a burglar, it's real....

the human mind makes things out of nothing sometimes, your eyes can trick you.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
well come on madness,

its one thing to say you think you saw something for a second, and its entirely another to say you think you saw something that was male or female, had this amount of hair, this type of clothes, sitting in this position, with their hands together like this, etc etc.

i see things out of the corner of my eye or think i do, i think everybody does, but thats not what the poster is talking about. obviously it convinced him, so i can only assume it wasnt just some split second, think-you-saw but not sure type of thing..

and if i saw a girl praying in the corner of my eye, id like to think id be scared, i dont know why.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
and had clothes on that looked like the ones the Virgin Mary wears in pictures I've seen her in.

This is what interests me about your post. These pictures you've seen of the Virgin Mary are just that, pictures from the imaginations of humans. How would any one know what clothes the Virgin Mary wore unless we had a photograph or an actual painting of her from a sitting she did for an artist, neither of these things exist.
Unless she decided to appear for you wearing clothes from an artists impression because she liked the way they made her look, in which case she has a poor fashion sense as there are much better clothes available now.
Not ragging on you but if she was to appear to you i find it unlikely that she would be wearing clothes you could recognise from pictures painted hundreds of years later.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Pictures?

What color was she? White, Black...

She was only a "virgin" for a while she had other children to Joseph.

She also died some time ago and will be waiting a resurrection.

Why would anyone appear?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I don't think there's anything in Christianity to support even the possibility of the "Virgin" Mary appearing to anyone.

I put virgin in quotes since it's clear she had children the normal way after Jesus, despite whatever BS the RCC spews.

If something is appearing to people in the guise of making them think they're seeing Mary, I'd bet almost anything it's a demonic entity.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
What a blessed event! If you think you saw it out of the corner of your eye, you did.

Whatever, its a good omen.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hey wildcat, that's cool. If the virgin Mary appears, you just know it's her, tantamount, one supposes, to Mohammed's meeting the angel Gabriel.

The immaculate conception is actually a reference to Mary's mom, who was conceived without sin.

One time when I was saying my rosary in a dither, she asked me - 'Why do you concern yourself with these treatises of man?'

An encouragement towards greater detachment, one imagines.

I just had a freaky cool thing happen. I was looking for my rosary, which I had misplaced last night - and I got overly upset about it then. So I was looking for my rosary, which I thought I'd misplaced again, and was about to get all upset - when a St Jude medallion dropped out of thin air at my feet on the carpet.

Course, I'd been rummaging around on the bookcase and it might have flown off without my noticing touching it, but I did remember where I'd put my rosary right after.

What fun. Can't go wrong with St Jude. But you'd think St Anthony would have had a hand in that one.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater
Hey wildcat, that's cool. If the virgin Mary appears, you just know it's her, tantamount, one supposes, to Mohammed's meeting the angel Gabriel.

The immaculate conception is actually a reference to Mary's mom, who was conceived without sin.

One time when I was saying my rosary in a dither, she asked me - 'Why do you concern yourself with these treatises of man?'

An encouragement towards greater detachment, one imagines.

I just had a freaky cool thing happen. I was looking for my rosary, which I had misplaced last night - and I got overly upset about it then. So I was looking for my rosary, which I thought I'd misplaced again, and was about to get all upset - when a St Jude medallion dropped out of thin air at my feet on the carpet.

Course, I'd been rummaging around on the bookcase and it might have flown off without my noticing touching it, but I did remember where I'd put my rosary right after.

What fun. Can't go wrong with St Jude. But you'd think St Anthony would have had a hand in that one.

Whats the point in it all?

If I could appear for "someone", I must be able (under a Devine means)be able to use my "POWERS" to stop wars etc?

Why would I appear to one person, when I can appear to all the world and end the false religion and save "ALL" innocent mankind?????

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale

Originally posted by wildcat
and had clothes on that looked like the ones the Virgin Mary wears in pictures I've seen her in.

This is what interests me about your post. These pictures you've seen of the Virgin Mary are just that, pictures from the imaginations of humans. How would any one know what clothes the Virgin Mary wore unless we had a photograph or an actual painting of her from a sitting she did for an artist, neither of these things exist.

I saw pictures (paintings) of her in Catholic school. Anyway I don't know, I just knew it was the Virgin Mary. This kind of stuff happens to me all the the time, just in different ways.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomquinn
Pictures?

What color was she? White, Black...

She was only a "virgin" for a while she had other children to Joseph.

She also died some time ago and will be waiting a resurrection.

Why would anyone appear?

She was wearing light blue robes with a white cloth covering the part of her face I saw. I could see her hair, it was brown and she appeared to be kneeling based on her position. And I saw two hands together too. And it happened a couple minutes after I prayed (that may make me sound like I'm lying, but trust me I forgot).

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

If something is appearing to people in the guise of making them think they're seeing Mary, I'd bet almost anything it's a demonic entity.

If it were demonic, then most likely the room would be cold, but instead it was warm and peaceful. If it were a demond then I would be scared but it wasn't because I felt peaceful.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
My prayers came true that day. I prayed for hope and a couple minutes later I literally had a extreme amount of hope in me.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
You should feel lucky to have had a vision of the Blessed Mother.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Walking a spiritual path is really a personal journey. I was once a nihilist, but the world had other plans for me.

However, since my views on the spiritual path exclude killing in the name of religion - should the jihadist attain world control, I might just convert with my fingers crossed.
Or have my head lopped off for not being able to get up early in the morning.

Why deny anyone the right to explore the spiritual aspect of their life, whether it be in an atheist's approach or not. The spiritual can simply define the whole creature, the physical, emotional, mental and social aspects all in one.

For me it's not a matter of defining God, an impossibility for our capabilities of human ideation, it's more a matter of recognizing I am not the most powerful thing in the universe and turning to higher powers for assistance on this earthly pilgrimage. I was pretty surprised when the angel appeared, and always grateful when helpful hints are voiced for whatever reason into my thinking. Course, not sure if it was Mary, but since I was saying the rosary - it seemed a likely choice.

As a matter of fact, 'Our lady of the Heavens' did show up to try to discourage wars etc. at Fatima. It is widely known around the whole world.

'Mary' continues to appear at Medjugorje and numerous other places around the world. However, some of those sightings can probably be attributed to the same phenomena that has popularized abusive Gray encounters.

Mari - is the goddess of the ancients, and my name saint.

So the point is, the shamanic journey is available to everyone - Ask and you shall receive.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't think there's anything in Christianity to support even the possibility of the "Virgin" Mary appearing to anyone.

I put virgin in quotes since it's clear she had children the normal way after Jesus, despite whatever BS the RCC spews.

You beat me to it!

I personally believe apparitions of Mary are demonic also.

Jesus said "No one cometh unto the father but by me." So all the praying to the Saints and Mary is pretty much a waste of time.

Why go through a middleman when you have a direct line?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
well come on madness,

its one thing to say you think you saw something for a second, and its entirely another to say you think you saw something that was male or female, had this amount of hair, this type of clothes, sitting in this position, with their hands together like this, etc etc.

well, it looked like a guy in stereotypical burglar attire with a sack in mid step...

richard dawkins gives an account of when he thought he saw an old male ghost kneeling in his room. it didn't go away until he actually walked up towards it.

it's all in how the mind works.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well, "there are more mysteries in Heaven and Earth than in your philosophy Horatio" (Shakespeare) - and one way or the other - sooner or later, there is a leap of faith, even if that leap is to call Mary a demon, it's a leap taken on faith.

St Michael and the nine choirs of His Heavenly Army.

For the record, your views of Mary don't insult me, she might find it insulting. Although calling her a demon belies a bit of hostility, I find it a healthy start in critical examination.
However, you might keep in mind that argumentum ad hominem is fallacious logic and if there is something in particular that Mary has demonically done, that would be a better thing to point out. Keeping in mind that the fallibility of humans acting on her behalf in a self appointed capacity are not she.

Perhaps one day, we will all be able to discuss our spirituality objectively.

If one were to trumpet Native American heritage and continuously refer to the traditions so rich in that culture, there wouldn't be half the insults.
So whatever fashion is prevalent at whatever given time - means nothing if one is only spouting popular manipulations of ego.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by clearwater]

[edit on 15-4-2007 by clearwater]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join