It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does anyone here think that they are "Special"?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
many more are "special" now as the time is coming when they will be needed

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
my pockets hurt

am i special??

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I know that i serve a greater purpose in life, but it is not the global recognition purpose, it's more like the "Quantum Leap" change one life at a time purpose. I help people of all kinds, help them change there life, help them take control of themselves and teach them to be individuals and to think for themselves, i've had people talk to me and say "thank you so much, i wouldn't be alive right now if it weren't for you", i know i'm doing good, and that i am as you say "special".

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
As a child I always had a feeling that there was something special about me that I would find out about in time.
Now that I am older and have had a lot of life experiences I have come to realise that I am not really any more special than any other member of the population of the earth.
I think that as a child you only really have a sence of your self so that you really are the centre of the universe to yourself.
I still get that feeling sometimes but usually after a few bacardi breezers.
Are there any visitors to ATS that haven't lost that sence of feeling that they are destined for greater things in this life?

I can relate to what you are saying exactly.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Few people here are special as they had insight into real conspiracies and secrets. Not the average mass posters, mods or admins here but there are few people here that are very special in what they did and experienced. Though most of them are bullied away when their posts stop when it comes to real secrets(of course). A pitty. And the mass posters are just chit-chatting.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Woa that special feeling, I lost that special feeling now it's gone gone gone woaa woa woo! Dum Dum De Dum Dum Dum DUm Da.

Moderator- Vonz put down the crack pipe, put your hands in the air and step away from the computer.

Yeah I use to think that something great was going to happen to me or some how I was going to change things for the better of mankind.

SO far the only thing great that has happened...........

Hmm next subject

And the only thing I have changed is the channel on my TV.

Look out world I am on a roll!

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i don't like the word "special" i prefer "different" yeah i think i am different at times, and would have to agree with some of the other posters about feeling like you were meant to do something but just don't know what.

well, i still searching for that answer and of course I realize that search would have to be within myself...but i am little scared to find out what is within myself

anyways, i don't think i am meant to save mankind or anything big like that...but just that I have to do something and it usually feels like it's something small I am forgetting to do... (hope it not the weed, causing memory loss)

but seriously I do feel everyone is "special" and are each meant to do something...which could be something as simple as being someone's friend, giving a bum a quarter, eating that last chocolate frosted donut ....

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I do believe that some of us truly are different -- a step apart from the rest of society, either in our insights, knowledge, or abilities. Some of us do have a higher purpose, whether we ever realize it or not. Destiny or fate -- whatever you want to call it -- do play a part in our lives at some point.

I stop short of saying I've "done things no one else can do" and "seen things things no one else can see." (At least not real things -- not as real as David Lo Pan) But I do have some "gifts" I look upon as both blessing and curse.

We are what we are, and we will each find the role predetermined for us. Whether we each accept that role or not is up to us. If your role is to be the 9-to-5'er in an office who makes up part of the corporate machine that makes the world run smoothly, that makes you no less important than the person destined to battle against unknown evils.

Sometimes we find our roles. Sometimes they find us.

I guess that kinda goes to the saying that all the world's a stage, etc.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
In relation to the rest of my other family members, I know I'm quite a bit different from them. They know it too. I don't want to use the word special because that would imply they aren't which of course they are in their own way.

I use to have this inner battle in reconciling nonmainstream ideas with mainstream ideas for the longest time. But now I have come to realize there can be a happy marriage between the two. And that I don't need to adhere to one way of thinking exclusively, belonging to one group of people who think the same way.

I realized it's more fun to mix it all up.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
"I'm different-I'm not like you-I'm different-I like f*ckin' with voodoo-I'm different-I come from the darkside-I'm different-I've seen the dead come alive" -Twiztid.

I'm different.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
the idealistic side of me likes to think I'm very special and destined for greatness. the realistic side of me also thinks I'm special. (that is, if you define "special" as "completely messed up".)

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Hi MC.

Nice mood.

"Brass In Pocket"

GOT MOTION RESTRAINED EMOTION
BEEN DRIVING DETROIT LEANING
NO REASON JUST SEEMS SO PLEASING
GONNA MAKE YOU, MAKE YOU, MAKE YOU NOTICE

GONNA USE MY ARMS
GONNA USE MY LEGS
GONNA USE MY STYLE
GONNA USE MY SIDESTEP
GONNA USE MY FINGERS
GONNA USE MY, MY, MY IMAGINATION

'CAUSE I GONNA MAKE YOU SEE
THERE'S NOBODY ELSE HERE
NO ONE LIKE ME
I'M SPECIAL SO SPECIAL
I GOTTA HAVE SOME OF YOUR ATTENTION GIVE IT TO ME

GOT RHYTHM I CAN'T MISS A BEAT
GOT NEW SKANK IT'S SO REET
GOT SOMETHING I'M WINKING AT YOU
GONNA MAKE YOU, MAKE YOU, MAKE YOU NOTICE

THERE'S NOBODY ELSE HERE
NO ONE LIKE ME
I'M SPECIAL, SO SPECIAL
I GOTTA HAVE SOME OF YOUR ATTENTION
GIVE IT TO ME
THERE'S NOBODY ELSE HERE
NO ONE LIKE ME
I'M SPECIAL, SO SPECIAL
I GOTTA HAVE SOME OF YOUR ATTENTION

GIVE IT TO ME

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
AAAAh Grasshopper

Once you do not feel special ...then you truly are unique!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If you raise your children well, take care of eldery parents, be there for your friends and family, you are special to them.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You might want to do a search on "Indigo Children", it may give some perspective on this question.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It must have been one of those karma things. 2 of my kids are A.D.H.D.. Thank you for pointing out those books to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm very special. Look what I can do

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
lol
killerD

that's just too much "talent" for one person!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
lol
killerD

that's just too much "talent" for one person!

I'm sorry just couldn't resist
Carry on...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join