It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does anyone here think that they are "Special"?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
As a child I always had a feeling that there was something special about me that I would find out about in time.
Now that I am older and have had a lot of life experiences I have come to realise that I am not really any more special than any other member of the population of the earth.
I think that as a child you only really have a sence of your self so that you really are the centre of the universe to yourself.
I still get that feeling sometimes but usually after a few bacardi breezers.
Are there any visitors to ATS that haven't lost that sence of feeling that they are destined for greater things in this life?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well, funny you should ask, because I was just thinking about that! I'm young, (14) and I definately haven't lost that feeling.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Everyone is special in one way or annother.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
To tell you the truth I dont really think im "special" as you put it. But I do have my goals in life. And im working hard to achieve them. Anybody can do great things. You just have to be willing to work hard, and never give up.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
We're all "special" as we're all sovereign beings with our own personal experiences that no one else has. Yet, we're all equally special with anyone else. So yes you're special. I'm special. TheNeo is special.

Doing great things doesn't make you special, just popular. Jesus wasn't special, he was just more advanced spiritually - there are many people so advanced it's just not all of them have a religion after them. A corrupted religion that has nothing to do with their teachings anyway I might add.

So NO one is special, and yet everyone is special. Bah now I'm stuck! It's a paradox! Well what's a definition of special? It's like saying "smart". What does THAT mean! Crazy people... o_O

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Special? Well, there's the obvious special ed special. And I've been known to act that way a lot....

But I assume you mean that there's something about you the rest of the world can't see or match up with kind of thing? Everyone feels that way when they're young. They can cnage the world kind of thing. Or maybe the 'no one understands me' specila but I've found few people ever understand ANYONE. I thought I was special in a world changing way. A friend who predicts things weel told me I would be famous some day. I'm still worried about that one. But I doubt that I'm special enough to really matter.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
We're all "special" as we're all sovereign beings with our own personal experiences that no one else has. Yet, we're all equally special with anyone else. So yes you're special. I'm special. TheNeo is special.

Well when you put it that way, then hell yeah im special
!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
my mom says im special and i was in special classes in school, does that count?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
ok perhaps asking if anyone here thinks they are special was the wrong way to word it.
what I meant was does anyone here feel that they are here to serve some greater purpose?
That life has something great in store for them?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I use to think I was special in my own way, but public schooling drove that notion out of my head.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yes I have often thought of myself as "special". There is no way to define it just that its a feeling that comes from the bottom of my heart.

I have so many theories and ideas that I think could change the course of human kind but sadly I do not have the resources to test any of them out. This may just sound cocky to some people and thats ok, but I do feel that I have a sorta special gift that allows me to think way outside the box and see things in a very different way than others.

For an example:

When I was 6 years old I started to think about relativity before I had even heard of Einstein. It all came about by riding in the car with my family I noticed how the cars on the other side of the road appeared to be travelling super fast while the cars on my side of the road travelled slower than their actual speed. After this I started to wonder why when I threw my baseball up in the backseat of the car why did it not rocket to the back of the car why did it follow me.

This is the way it has been my entire life.

A few bad decisions in my love life have cost me my scholarships and my only chance at college. So I suppose my theories will just stay on the notebooks they are in and my kids will be able to look at them one day and say to themselves I wonder why dad never did anything with this.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
How about paranoid? Like you were convinced school was an experiment and eveyone had meetings about you?

There's cameras in mirrors you know.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
How about paranoid? Like you were convinced school was an experiment and eveyone had meetings about you?

There's cameras in mirrors you know.

was it prooved that you were paranoid? perhaps the cameras were really there.

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by pantha]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
actually one reason that i thought I was special was that when I was a baby, a very respected medium told my mum that I was highly psychic, and ever since my mum told me that, I have been waiting for something to happen.
I am now 33 years old and there has been nothing so far.
But I did feel that there was something more to my life before that anyway.
Perhaps it's just down to a romantic wish to be powerful in a super heroine sort of way.
being capable of changing the universe for the better.

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by pantha]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
perhaps the cameras were really there.

Now you're just being mean.

No, but I know what you mean. Parents kind of mess you up saying stuff like you're going to be President or whatever. My Mom told me I was a virgin birth when I did the math and realized she got married AFTER getting pregnant. I was like 5 when she told me. Hymen discussions with your Mom at 5 make you kind of...um..INSANE? Is that the word I'm looking for?

Or like being born during the first moon walk. People saying you're the anti-christ. Crap like that eventually gets to ya.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I never have felt special in any way, shape, or form. Although I am not normal for my belief system wthin my own family, I am not destined for greatness or anything that could possibly be construed as positive and uplifting.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I have always had this nagging and often frustrating sense that I am meant for something, but knowing what it is has always been just beyond my grasp. I have always been aware of my connection with the world around me, though not always with people. Sometimes I think that I'm supposed to be helping others understand their connection, but it is not something that can be verbally explained, so all I can do is teach by example. Unfortunately, people don't hear what you are saying unless you scream louder than everyone/everything else, and it's kind of hard to scream silently. So, needless to say, I've not had much success. Hopefully, as I continue to understand my own connection the everything, I will discover my role within it, too.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Pantha!

You still could be!!!

How do you know that you reason for being here has not came yet...

i knew a friend of the family who thought like this all of his life...

He was on holiday one year and had a strange sence there was something wrong, he tryed to shake of the feeling but it would not go away!

So he decided to have a look around the hotel in Madrid
there he found a bomb!! then went to the wall and seen one had also been put in to the wall.....
he probably saved loads of peoples life that day,

he believes he was ment to be here for that reason

who knows maybe your turn is just around the corner!!

Could you be the one to save many lives?
The way things are looking! You never know!!!

This man was 68 yrs old when this happened

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think everyone feels that point at one way or another... Then, one day, you look around, see you're just one face in a sea of cubicles, and finally get it that maybe you were just full of #, hehe.....

Well, then all you can do is just strive to have some kind of impact while you're here, even if it isn't the dream of world domination you had when you were younger....

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think I'm special. Though almost all people I know used the word "strange" and "different".
If you wanna talk to one of weirdest creatures out there, I'm listening.

However I dont feel I am more worthier than anyone else.. it just feels like I have a mission to accomplish since I was born.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join