It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does anyone here think that they are "Special"?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Well, that depends on who's asking little mister.
Is it...... oh, I don't know, SATAN!?

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by fortean]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
sometimes i have days where i feel i am the king... i feel i can do anything and everything... these days i feel i have a great destiny... then other days i feel like i am just another drone out of 6 billion others... i feel like an insignificant speck in the wide universe...i quickly dispell the negative emotion... i believe everyone has the potential to be special but you need to believe you can do it and approach it with a positive attitude... i may not be much now but in time if i think i'm the best i may just get there some day.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
does anyone think they are special

It's called an Ego.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
specialasianX

Its all the same .........the cool thing about reality is that we are each unique .......just like every other piece of flotsam in the multiverse. Absolutely necessary and meaningless at the same time. Ain't Paradox grand.

Ever see MP's The Life of Brian?

Brian: "You are all individuals!"

Crowd: "We are all individuals!"

Brian:" You are all different!"

Crowd: "We are all different!"

Lone Peasant raising hand: " I'm not!"

Sorry for the MP reference ....couldn't help it.

Just remember if you weren't here ....who would be you?

I will not post sober! I will not post sober! I will not post sober! Awww ....bugger all....

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
an ego is a good thing if it doesnt get out of control (hence the term a healthy ego

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
As a child I always had a feeling that there was something special about me that I would find out about in time.
Now that I am older and have had a lot of life experiences I have come to realise that I am not really any more special than any other member of the population of the earth.
I think that as a child you only really have a sence of your self so that you really are the centre of the universe to yourself.
I still get that feeling sometimes but usually after a few bacardi breezers.
Are there any visitors to ATS that haven't lost that sence of feeling that they are destined for greater things in this life?

You are special, but through years of adult programming, you've become unspecial, like them, and no longer have the imagination to make your reality anything but what they tell you is realistic. Adults are the biggest dream killers. It's a rare person who is able to retain their special, fresh, child-like perspective on life and reality. The truth of it is, you can accomplish almost anything you're not convinced is impossible. At one time, I was convinced that I was going to be a famous musician. I still have the dream, and I still consider it a possibility, but I know that all the negative programming I've received throughout my life has put a major damper on that alternate reality. How many times did you hear your parents tell you that your dreams aren't realistic? I always said, "One man's fantasy is another man's reality." You just have to make it happen, which is tough when you're constantly programmed to believe that there's a better chance of pigs flying in a winter wonder hell.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
my mommy says im special in every way

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
BTW, your parents telling you that you're special doesn't count, IMO. They'd think you were special even if you were extremely abnormal, retarded, deformed, etc.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
we are all special in some way.......

we all have purpose...................

we all will prove ourselves one day............

Atleast thats what I think..

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This is kinda like looking at a fat women wearing tight leggings...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
This is kinda like looking at a fat women wearing tight leggings...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have a feeling i was meant to do more with my life than a suburban office-job, raising kids life. I am 14, but I know that during my lifetime I want to do something to be remembered. Maybe discover something or become a president, i dont know. I dont know that I will do these things for sure, I just hope I do and make a difference in the world.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
You are special, but through years of adult programming, you've become unspecial, like them, and no longer have the imagination to make your reality anything but what they tell you is realistic. Adults are the biggest dream killers. It's a rare person who is able to retain their special, fresh, child-like perspective on life and reality. The truth of it is, you can accomplish almost anything you're not convinced is impossible. At one time, I was convinced that I was going to be a famous musician. I still have the dream, and I still consider it a possibility, but I know that all the negative programming I've received throughout my life has put a major damper on that alternate reality. How many times did you hear your parents tell you that your dreams aren't realistic? I always said, "One man's fantasy is another man's reality." You just have to make it happen, which is tough when you're constantly programmed to believe that there's a better chance of pigs flying in a winter wonder hell.

I think you've got a point there. To be honest as I've got older and had kids and a job, I just haven't got the energy to be bothered to find out if there is more to me. Perhaps one day there will come a time when my life is less busy and I will sit back and take a good look at myself. I think that one day I will try joining a spiritual circle and see if there is any psychic potential there.
It would be a shame to give up the feeling of wanting to make a difference just because everyday life gets in the way.
Mind you perhaps the special thing that I've already done is to bring 3 lovely kids into the world . They are very special to me.
perhaps one day I will be the one to find an alien signal with my SETI programme , that would be pretty special (sorry had to get that plug in there)

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Just try not to be the one to destroy your childrens' dreams and ambitions. Encourage them in anything and everything they want to do, no matter how ridiculous it may seem. I can't stress this enough. It's a very powerful thing. Of course, if your kid is obviously a "dull bulb", there are some exceptions to this, perhaps.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join