It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yesterdays T-Rex Is Todays Chicken!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Yesterdays T-Rex Is Todays Chicken!

news.yahoo.com

The discovery of traces of flesh in a 68-million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex bone ties the King of the Dinosaurs to modern-day species and, scientists say, heralds a "milestone" shift in paleontology.

"Based on the small sample we've recovered, chickens may be the closest relatives (to T. rex)," says geneticist John Asara of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, co-leader of a team reporting the discovery of faint traces of chicken-like bone lining preserved inside a dinosaur drumstick.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Imagine that. That T-Rex is related to the modern day chicken. Imagine going to KFC and getting a bucket way back then!
That would be one big bucket!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
That is simply amazing. I will never look at a chicken the same again.

Only a few million years ago, the very same chicken I'm garfing down would in fact garf me up!

Peace,
Frontkjemper

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think I ate about 12 T-Rexes today. Who knew they taste so good with hot sauce?

Those were some good buffalo wings

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
So I guess now the burning question in the scientific community will be:

What came first, the T-Rex or the egg?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Only a few million years ago, the very same chicken I'm garfing down would in fact garf me up!

What comes around goes around

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

What comes around goes around

Well said! Just think, in another 60 million years turkeys could be "gobbling" us!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
You know I don't find this all that surprisin'. My grandfather had a chicken when I was a kid. I always suspected that chicken was up to somethin'. Yep, that chicken would always give me dirty looks and stuff, and would always be struttin' around thinkin' he was so cool.
And he would always cock a doodle do in the morning wakin' us all up. When my Grandmom made chicken cacciatore out of his butt, I was glad.
I'm glad that evolution worked in reverse for those T-Rex/Chickens.

apc

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Evolution never works in reverse. I'd say the only disadvantage chickens have under Rex is that they taste great. But then again I've never had Rex!

Makes me wonder if maybe there's some dormant gene in chickens that could be activated resulting in thirty foot tall monster chickens. One chicken could feed hundreds to thousands. Just don't send them to N.Korea!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hey whenever your grandma was catching the chicken and Killed it ... *WHISPERING* she didn't ring it's NECK did she ?? Cause that would cause trauma to people hearing that they killed it that way. HAHAHAHAH

Originally posted by lombozo
You know I don't find this all that surprisin'. My grandfather had a chicken when I was a kid. I always suspected that chicken was up to somethin'. Yep, that chicken would always give me dirty looks and stuff, and would always be struttin' around thinkin' he was so cool.
And he would always cock a doodle do in the morning wakin' us all up. When my Grandmom made chicken cacciatore out of his butt, I was glad.
I'm glad that evolution worked in reverse for those T-Rex/Chickens.

new topics

top topics

join