It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolfowitz Accused of Nepotism at the World Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   

WASHINGTON, April 12 — Paul D. Wolfowitz’s tenure as president of the World Bank was thrown into turmoil on Thursday by the disclosure that he had helped arrange a pay raise for his companion at the time of her transfer from the bank to the State Department, where she remained on the bank payroll.

In a chaotic day of revelations and meetings at a normally staid institution, Mr. Wolfowitz apologized for his role in the raise and transfer of Shaha Ali Riza, his companion, to a few hundred staff members assembled in the bank building atrium, only to be greeted by booing, catcalls and cries for his resignation.

Earlier, the bank’s staff association had declared that it was “impossible for the institution to move forward with any sense of purpose under the present leadership.” The association had helped spearhead an investigation into Ms. Riza’s transfer and raise, details of which came into the open in the last 24 hours.

The New York Times

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't know why people continually put themselves into such positions.

He probably should be fired for sheer stupidity.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
if this guy stays in office it'll prove without a doubt that some people happen to be more equal then the rest - something we have known for a while anyway.

the real issue is that the majority will ignore this episode just like any other undesired experience, happily claiming that anyone who disagrees is either paranoid or subversive.

PS: note lack of replies.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
PS: note lack of replies.

Heh, I've noticed that as well in many, if not all, of the NWO-like threads. I have to wonder if some people just KNOW this is the truth, and that it isn't worth pursuing because it's not a conspiracy, or if it's more because they're afraid of something happening to them. I'd be very interested in what others think on this and a great many other connecting issues, but no one seems that interested in speaking out. I think they're just afraid.

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
fear? i'm not so sure, tbh. i'd wager that it's something which hits too close home to talk about in a casual manner. buziness is currupt, the gov't and its affiliates are corrupt and everyone and their pets is greedy, so chances are that a sizeable portion profitted once in their lives from similar arrangements and the majority was involved one way or the other, even if only by shutting up and playing along.

on the positive side, at least they aren't hypocritical about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
In my opinion we have far greater thing to worry about in this world, at this time, than this and I see this as just another smoke screen over other, more important issues in the news. Not knocking your thread dj, just an opinion.
You know people in these positions get away with anything, look at Kofi Anaan and the food for oil scandal. You rarely, if ever, hear anything else about his crooked dealings in that.

Originally posted by djohnsto77

I don't know why people continually put themselves into such positions.

He probably should be fired for sheer stupidity.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I thought that is what our great society was based on? On all levels nepitism has been key in controlling the money. But you know when I think of winning the lottry or being given a large amount of money, I ALWAYS think in terms of nepitism.That is how the Jews have controlled the money since the very begining. How they still continue to win in all power channels, you may think it is other races, its not. It's that simple.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
G'dubbs already throw his support behind wolfy, saying they back him in anything he does.
I reackon he sure threw a spanner in the works, and bush and NWO Co probably arent happy..
He let his personal life get in the way of the agender....
Greed is the word he, he just couldnt help himself.

But I agree, if he remains, its clear that the Worldbanks a key part in what ever is going on behind closed doors.

join