It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

phalic worshipers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
can any one out there give me some direction on what this is all about???
what religion is this based upon

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
heh heh.

you might want to look that up on wikipedia first.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
wow. are you serious? Look up the word phallic in the dictionary and see what you get

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Ancient Rome was really into it from what I have read. Not exactly my cup of tea so to speak so I really can't tell you more. Like the above posters have said...google time!

Cug

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Somewhat dated and not up to date on current research but in the public domain.

Discourse on the Worship of Priapus by Richard Payne Knight

The Worship of the Generative Powers

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Or try to look around...it is everywhere....in every town - you can see this obelisk -the phallic worship from antiquity....erected.

** from Vatican and Washington to Mecca:

The pagan cross evolved from the crux ansata, sacred with the Egyptians, the Babylonians, the Buddhists, and the Hindus—it was the symbol of the Hindu god Agni—the Light of the World. It was a combined sexual symbol, its two portions being the male and female aspects of Nature—the oval or upper portion the vulva, or yoni of the Hindus, and the lower portion or Tau—the Phallus, Priapus, Linga of the Hindus, Ashera of the Jews. The phallus, the common symbol of the life giver, was commonly denoted by a lighted torch, a tree, a fish or a sceptre.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It goes back to Sumeria, everthing goes back to Egypt, Sumeria and the Assyrians, do a wiki search for EA and Annunaki, you will see phalic pillars depicted in the Cylinder seals. This is the poldest known writing civilization so look there first then work your way up, look up "Colonade" phalic symbol as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
History is filled with images of the penis as a symbol of fertility and strength.
Check out this Wiki page:

Sculptures of Priapus with large, erect genitalia were placed in gardens and fields to guarantee an abundant crop. For the Romans, his statue was used as a scarecrow and his erect penis was thought to frighten thieves. Epigrams collected in Priapeia (treated below) show Priapus using sodomy as a threat toward transgressors of the boundaries he protected like a herm:

"I warn you, my lad, you will be sodomised; you, my girl, I shall futter; for the thief who is bearded, a third punishment remains."
"... If I do seize you . . . you shall be so stretched that you will think your anus never had any wrinkles."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The ancient Ethiopian culture of Axum took up phalic worship. Check out their famous oblisks. Christendom picked up on this worship from the Romans with the use of their steeples. It's strange that Christendom didn't drop this pagan form of worship. Rome just couldn't part with its ancient roots.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

whc.unesco.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.hp.uab.edu...

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Need I say more......

If that hat isn't the embodiment of a penis, I don't know what is.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Study the writings Hargrave Jennings alongside the writings of Samael Aun Weor.

That will pretty much answer everything in regard to this topic.

Phallic and Iona or Yoni worship is actually found in all Religions, including Esoteric Christianity.

See the following post and its following two posts as well:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join