It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Hostages tortured....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

STRIPPED to her knickers — with the rest of her clothes and belongings taken away — and caged in a tiny freezing cell.

WARNED she might not see her three-year-old daughter Molly again and asked how she felt about “dying for her government”.

THREATENED with years in prison as a spy unless she did what her captors wanted.

As the days went on, the mind games intensified.

Faye went on: “The threats got more and more blatant. At one stage Mr Tan Shoes asked me, ‘How do you feel about dying for your country’?

“The next day, another interrogator said to me, ‘You don’t understand, you must co-operate with us. Do you not want to see your daughter again?’”

On Day Five, the pattern of interrogation suddenly changed.

Faye said: “Two new guys in suits arrived. They didn’t shout like the others. One said he had come to make me an offer.

“If I confessed to being in Iranian waters and wrote letters to my family, the British people and the Iranian people, I’d be free within two weeks.

“If I didn’t, they’d put me on trial for espionage and I’d go to prison for ‘several years’. I had just an hour to think about it.

She recalled: “One morning, I heard the noise of wood sawing and nails being hammered near my cell. I couldn’t work out what it was. Then a woman came into my cell to measure me up from head to toe with a tape.

“She shouted the measurements to a man outside. I was convinced they were making my coffin.”

Yet no screams of outrage from anyone...........talk about a double-standard.......how pathetic......

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
She's most likely being urged by her own government to say that Iran was being extreme and aggressive. She looked fine to me when she was playing ping pong, and chatting it up with her comrades.

And when her cohorts worst problem was that they weren't given an authentic Hugo Boss shirt upon release, it makes everything else seem silly. Don't you think?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Come on, that's hardly anything compared to what the coalition of the willing's been involved in.

SR

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Open your eyes!!

While your sitting there in outrage, Faye Turney is raking it in she's even got an autobiography hastily coming out now as well HMMMMMMM how convenient.

No one will ever know the true story but it doesn't mean you have to get suckered into the charade being put out by Faye Turney and the MOD as propaganda.

My mate in the army even said that theres alot of hate towards these 15 from inside the forces and i would of thought that would be far from the case but no one is respecting the fact that:

Soldiers who have put their life on the line daily get nothing but criticism from the media and government and they don't expect nothing either it's there job it's what they're paid to do and they do it yet these 15 are potrayed as hero's for being kidknapped, given suits and gifts and here's the point even if they were interrogated it's part of the damn job yet they're singing about how terrible it was, getting time off and getting fat sums of money for it. Only one of them has had the decency to give his money to charity.

These people are going to look stupid if Iran really did tape the whole thing.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Absolutely inhuman! No waterboarding, no stripped human pyramids, no snapping attack dogs nipping at them, no urinating on the bible in front of them and absolutely no use of genital electrocution.

Are these Iranians deliberately trying to make us look the bad guys

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Come on, that's hardly anything compared to what the coalition of the willing's been involved in.

AMEN. It's hardly anything compared to what the Vietnam Vets went thruogh.

Read this

The British sailors were complaining that they were being lied to, that they were picked on due to age, and that someone was 'flicking their neck' with their fingers.

Geeeeeeeeeeze!
While this behavior certainly isn't the rosey picture that Iran claimed, it definately is NOT torture in any sense of the word. The Brits caved like kindgergarden school girls. They didn't stop with giving up 'name, rank, and serial number' .. but they stood in front of maps, made false confessions, and even kissed the president of Iran on the cheeks for the TV cameras.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

Either they completely failed their training or they didn't get any.

Either way - although the Iranians treated them worse than they said they did - these sailors behaved like 'meat heads' (to quote the Amreican media)

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Oh ... and I almost forget .... these yahoos need to have as required reading John McCain's book - Faith of our Fathers. It goes into detail what REAL torture is and how REAL soldiers behave under it.

Although the Brits had an uncomfortable and difficult situation, it no comes no where near a level of torture.

Originally posted by Britguy, no stripped human pyramids, no snapping attack dogs, no urinating on the bible in front of them ..

that's not torture either.

FOLKS - read John McCain's book about his experiences in a Vietnamese POW camp. THAT's torture.

[edit on 4/9/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
However, Being given a fake Hugo Boss shirt to wear on national TV, and having their iPods taken away...

That is torture.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Seriously, Tony should have refused to take them back until a proper job had been done torturing them. At least he'd have had something to be outraged about. He must have been feeling so let down by those mad mullahs

SR

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Another thing is it's there own stupidity that they were captured in the first place people can claim that they were outnumbered yet the report clearly states that there was the Boat they actually came from and a Helicopter if they weren't in Iranian waters why didn't they just fire a warning shot or something are people trying to tell us that in this day and age no one saw the Iranians come or appear by radar.

The patrol should of pulled back to the ship if the Iranians were clearly coming at them If anything it seemed the Iranians that were outnumbered.

Name , Rank and Number is that should have been given seriously they could of refused to appear on Iranian TV if they didn't want to then do you not think when they were paraded about we wouldn't have noticed that there was wasn't all 15 of them there. Here's the thing do you think the Iranian's are really that dumb that they would of killed any that refused they would of failed in the PR exercise and would of given a reason to go to war with them. Yet as everyone else seen these people were laughing and joking.

Yet this woman is crying out about they said she wont see her daughter how the hell did the Iranians find that out anyway unless she told them and another bit of food for thought why enter the armed forces which means your going to be away from your daughter for months at a time anyway and it's always a possibly you could be killed in service.

Now people may claim my last comment is sexist yet i am all for equality and a mothers right to choose what job she wants to do if anything as i've pointed out Faye Turney has made it harder for females in and to enter the armed forces now especially as for so called equality she gets the most attention out of it. She's the one that's caused the damage.

If Faye Turney was so devasted by what happened then why was she still wearing her headscarf and everysingle one of them parading around with there gifts when they got home? If i was mad at what happened i sure would be throwing them in the bin the first chance i got.

And like it's been posted moaning about ipod's being taken away
BOOOOOO HOOOOOO no doubt they can buy plenty of ipod's now with the paychecks they'll be getting.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm not going to go into a rubuttal for the above poster's blatant ignorance surrounding the intitial capture, but I do share the sentiment that any sympathy towards Faye Turney and anyone else who profit's from this is going to wash away.

Already, here in the UK, people have turned from a "Give them Back Now!" attitude, to a "WTF?".

Torture? I have done worse to my little sister for crying out loud.

I know that every one of them would have been taught basic interrogation "survival" (for want of a better word) and the Marine's even more so.

Apart from the Marine Captain, who has publicly said he is not happy with the other's selling out, I have no sympathy left for them. Send the bugger's back, especially that traitor Turney.

"I felt like a traitor" she say's....

That is because you are, you horrible great beast.......

I dread to think what she looked like in just her knickers. It was probably punishment for the Guards for bringing her back into Iran.....

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
First of all I am glad that they are all fine and well, and if they want to sell their story good for them, after all look what kind of war is the one our countries are fighting for. . .

I think every soldier that will survive captivity or Iraq as a whole should received monetary compensation for staying alive.

I said leave the UK soldiers alone they were in a situation that was forced upon them by their government.

Iran got away with proving the western and civilized nations who is the real tortured and killer of nations in the middle east.

So now people are horrified that they didn't got tortured enough.

Give me a brake.!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This doesn't really fall into the category of torture - more like an intention to piss them off a little.
What really happens under torture is a far cry from what these people went through - if you want a real story of utterly brutal torture, read "Bravo 2 Zero" by Andy Mcnab - a truly harrowing account of torture, and yes I know that some of it is disputed - mostly by Chris Ryan (the one that got away). However, his injuries speak for themselves - the result of prolonged torture of an extremely vicious nature.

I'm glad they got out safely, and don't really care if they make money from it - why should it only be the top brass who profit from autobiography's, newspaper columns etc

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by uberarcanist

AMEN. It's hardly anything compared to what the Vietnam Vets went thruogh.

I think you may have missed the point.

We, 'the coalition of the willing', have been involved in torture and misuse of prisoners to a far worse degree then what she claims happened to her.

I don't think that uberarcanist was implying that our own soldiers have been through worse in the past but rather that we have treated priosners far worse recently.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
that's not torture either.

FOLKS - read John McCain's book about his experiences in a Vietnamese POW camp. THAT's torture.

How can you possibly make torture and mistreatment of prisoners a comparative argument? Because what we know about how we treat our prisoners does not equal what we know happened in Vietnam it is not really torture?

Shooting that woman isn't really murder. A woman was stabbed and raped...now thats murder.

EDIT: Fixed spelling.

[edit on 4/9/0707 by spines]

[edit on 4/9/0707 by spines]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

First of all I am glad that they are all fine and well, and if they want to sell their story good for them, after all look what kind of war is the one our countries are fighting for. .

Indeed.

I think every soldier that will survive captivity or Iraq as a whole should received monetary compensation for staying alive.

They do. It's called a salary.

I said leave the UK soldiers alone they were in a situation that was forced upon them by their government.

The ROE were crap, which resulted in the incident. It's the behaviour of some of the group which has me wound up.

So now people are horrified that they didn't got tortured enough.

Give me a brake.!!!!!!!!

Not at all. I am glad they didn;t, but some are complaining they got tortured and provide nothing worse than a bit of psychological nit-picking as evidence.

They are professionals and have recieved the training to deal with it.

Faye Turney, amongst others, effectively committed treason by collaborating with her captors and obviously giving away operational information as well as personal info.

She didn't have to write those letter's, she didn't have to come bleating onto national TV whilst her comrades are still out there doing their jobs, in many cases, dying for it.

I'm glad they got out safely, and don't really care if they make money from it - why should it only be the top brass who profit from autobiography's, newspaper columns etc

Difference being, those top-brass are ALWAYS retired. No serving personel should be able to earn money whilst in service from the sale of utter tripe to a sub-standard tabloid.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
stumason

If my sources are not lying (CNN) this morning it was talks that the UK government has given permission for the soldiers to tell and sell their stories.

And . . . I disagree respectfully that she is a traitor, I believe that the soldier in question did what she needed to do to comply with her captors and avoid what she didn't know could be real torture or the possibility of death.

But respectfully that is my opinion.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Quite the judgmental lot here. We don't know everything that happened yet. Shouldn't we wait until all the facts are in?

Edited to add: It could be that all these people were thinking about was being slowly beheaded with a dull butter knife.

Some of you need to think past the ends of your noses. Psychological torture can be the worst of all. It just depends on your particular weakness.

[edit on 4/9/2007 by Landis]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
stumason

If my sources are not lying (CNN) this morning it was talks that the UK government has given permission for the soldiers to tell and sell their stories.

They did. Ina completely unprecedented move, the Navy allowed them to speak. Any other time and it is expressley forbidden! It's done to deflect attention from the Goverment/MoD and they are being used as pawns.

Shame on them.

And . . . I disagree respectfully that she is a traitor, I believe that the soldier in question did what she needed to do to comply with her captors and avoid what she didn't know could be real torture or the possibility of death.

Please.. She has the training and is supposed to be a professional.

Just because they "scared" her she should do what they want?

No!

In an act of self preservation, when she only "feared" torture (not actually being tortured I might add), she did whatever they asked of her. God forbid she should ever be captured and really tortured! She'd probably give away every secret she knows!

But respectfully that is my opinion.

I respect that, but I suspect your defending her because she is female, as much of the media is focussing on.

She is a Sailor and made a choice, she or anyone else for that matter cannot now turn around and use her femininity as a defence.

I thought women wanted equal rights? From Faye Turney's example, it would seem that is ok, as long as she is not held up to the same standards as the men she serves with.

All the Iranian's did was make idle, non-specific threats and she cracked.

Pathetic.

She and anyone else who sells their story, is shaming their comrades, the Navy and the country.

The Iranian's must have a few new tips to put in their "How to extract info out of an Infidel" booklet:

1)Steal iPODS
2)Threaten with jail.
3)Flick them
4)If that doesn't work, make them strip to their underwear.

Such brutal treatment by those nasty Iranians.......

I was on their side until they did this, now I am ashamed they came back at all....

EDIT: I might add the British soldiers taken in Sierra Leone were not allowed the same priveledge as these loser's.....

[edit on 9/4/07 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
stumason

I base my opinion not because I am a female but because most of the UK soldiers are within my children age.

So it comes from my hart as a mother.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join