It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Released Iranian diplomat Says CIA In Iraq Tortured Him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The CIA tortured the Iranian Diplomat, but the Iranians didn't torture the Brits! You new it was coming. Expect the media blitz by Iran to continue down this path with America/Britain as the bad guys and the Iranians as the source of decency in the Universe.

TEHRAN, April 7 (RIA Novosti) - An Iranian diplomat abducted in Baghdad in early February and released earlier this week claims he has been interrogated and tortured by the CIA agents, an Iran's news agency reported Saturday.

Jalal Sharafi, the second secretary at the Iranian Embassy in Baghdad, was released and repatriated on Tuesday following what he claims an abduction by Iraqi special services working under U.S. control.

More as source.

I could say I told you so, but you already knew that.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
No way! No way, don't you remember?

He was kidnapped by insurgents, dressed as Iraqi police.....

The CIA couldn't have anything to do with this....

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
They didn't torture him.

They say the CIA tortured him, the proof is still visible on him, oh but by the way we aren't going to show any pictures that actually prove it.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Did he have GPS coordinates to prove he was not in Iraqi land being tortured?

This was just a swap out for the British soldiers. Your political/religious beliefs will sway you to the way you precieve this situation.

Truth or lie? I will say it is possible he was tortured, and it is possible he is a liar. We don't know, and let the spin doctors commence.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Madman
They didn't torture him.

They say the CIA tortured him, the proof is still visible on him, oh but by the way we aren't going to show any pictures that actually prove it.

Now, not only have the shown pictures, they have video and witnesses.

They drilled holes in his legs!

Iran has shown footage of the wounds of an Iranian diplomat released after two months in captivity in Iraq, saying the pictures show he was tortured by US forces.

"The United States, whose officials make claims about human rights, drilled holes into the legs of Jalal Sharafi and there were signs of damage to his nose and neck," state television said.

Television showed footage of Mr Sharafi in hospital, his feet badly bruised and body covered by sensors, as he was visited by the head of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in Iran, Peter Stocker.

More at source

Compare this to what Iran did to the British soldiers.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Malichai]

Edn

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
funny how people don't need evidence to prove the British prisoners were mistreated but when it comes to there own people being accused of torturing they suddenly need impossible amounts of evidence to prove it.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
funny how people don't need evidence to prove the British prisoners were mistreated but when it comes to there own people being accused of torturing they suddenly need impossible amounts of evidence to prove it.

Its that way in every culture. Most expect the worst from their supposed enemies and expect their own to be honorable. It takes a strong mind to contemplate that your own people are doing things you yourself would not.

My Government SUCKS!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

BBC has a picture up. Not much, but its a picture.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
here is the bbc coverage of the story, it tends to show he was likely tortured to some degree and it claims a US officail was present.

news.bbc.co.uk...

If this story is true as it appears to be, it does show a contrast in how prisoners from Iraq and Iran are treated by USA, compared with how he UK prisoners were treated in Iran. It does add more to the picture that the real axis of evil is USA/UK

>>> Just saw that you posted the BBC link also

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Another picture here.

The second secretary at Iran's Baghdad embassy gave a detailed account of beatings and interrogations, including being whipped on his feet with cables, gagged and threatened with his life.

A frail looking Sharafi who was brought to the press conference in a wheelchair said, "They tied my feet and hands and lashed my soles hundreds of times with cables and kicked and punched me."

The Iranian official who went missing in Baghdad more than two months back also showed traces of slash marks on his back.
Sharafi revealed that his captors "performed mock executions while my eyes were blindfolded and my hands and feet were bound.'' He said the drill torture occurred early in his captivity, and beatings took place throughout. Sharafi showed reporters nine holes in his ankle and foot he said were caused by a drill.

More at Press TV

This needs to be addressed. Not simply denied.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Still haven't seen any pictures with proof of torture........

I saw a doctor point at one guys leg that is about it.

As for the Iranians the whole UK hostage deal was staged for the international community. The Iranians knew what they were doing and a lot of people bought it hook line and sinker. They captured them and then released them to show themselves in a gracious light. As if to say: "Look at us we are diplomatic and civil, trust us no bomb."

I doubt that if the US was drilling holes in his feet. They would not have given him back, when they didn't have to, never mind even acknowledged him knowing that he would say look at he holes they drilled in my feet.

I also believe that if the US "tortures" people, the definition varies, it is psychological and not physical. Physical torture is easy to prove and not always effective.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
With Google it's not so hard to find pictures. Apparently his feet were drilled some 50 days before these pictures were taken, so wounds are healing but still clearly visible.

www.globalresearch.ca...

new topics

top topics

join