It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an open apology to chissler and rest of the crew

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i would like to apologize mostly to chissler and the rest of the mods here for acting like a twit
because i let someone else got to me

thanks Mirthful Me

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
We've all done it. Some people can be douchebags, and if you let them get to you, and act out on it, you'll have the mods, or the managers, or the cops, or some other authority figure on your ass, as well as there's.

It's better to let it roll off your back.

Many props for being open like this Bo.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
yea i want to apologize too that sometimes i type a little spicy in my posts
and if start playng flame wars on a forum in the end u will be banned thats what i know....i got kicked out of such cool forums just couse twits were flaming and just "living" to HATE on people.....lame haters.
so if someone annoyes u tell him to stfu and ignore him.a clear and a manly thing to do

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
so if someone annoyes u tell him to stfu and ignore him.a clear and a manly thing to do

May I also suggest...submit a complaint.

It works wonders. it's in the Member Center near the bottom of the options. Let the staff handle it.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Telling an ATS member to "STFU" is a fine way to get Staff attention, and a little profile "bling" if you know what I mean.
It's best to do one of the following when someone is out to get your goat:

1. Ignore them. This is the easiest, and if they persist, we'll probably notice them. This is not the "good" kind of "notice."

2. Use the ATS Complain/Suggestion Form. This takes a little more time and effort, but it does alert the staff, and though you may not agree with the staff's assessment, the issue will be addressed. Please note, "taking matters into your own hands" is the worst thing you can do after submitting a complaint. You'd be shocked how often this happens.

3. Tighten up your chinstrap and "Deny Ignorance." Intelligently defend your position sans indiscretions and violations of the Terms & Conditions... That is the "manly" thing to do. For any other gender and species it's just applause worthy.

I hope that helps someone in the future.

And as far as the OP is concerned... It's all good bodrul.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Human Growth Hormone is a dangerous thing

IMO

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
well lets just say he sayd to you" ur*** il**** ur***"
still telling him to stfu probably isnt ncie but....just say "shut up man ur stupid dont talk to me"and yea submit a complaint
forums must be a nice place where u can feel good

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hey Unisol, might want to lay off the cussing. Already got a couple of warns.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

well lets just say he sayd to you" ur*** il**** ur***"
still telling him to stfu probably isnt ncie but....just say "shut up man ur stupid dont talk to me"and yea submit a complaint
forums must be a nice place where u can feel good

Telling someone they are stupid is still a breach of the Terms & Conditions.

Look at it this way. If someone stole your car stereo, would you be able to go steal it back?

The answer is NO.

You notify someone (as in a complaint) and let them deal with it.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Oh My, Mirthful is advising against throwing "poo" at people? What has the world come too...

[edit on 5-4-2007 by WestPoint23]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
yes i know like 2 the other day...wont make the same mistake..ima watch what i type.
and yea if u flame back the flamer is only going to flame u more so thats why we have the ignore option right?
plus intelegent people dont fall that low to the flamer level...

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
9/10 Of The Law

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Look at it this way. If someone stole your car stereo, would you be able to go steal it back?

The answer is NO.

Which reminds me...

You snaked my deck! Gimme back my deck!

I know you got it. I seen you playin it!

*cough* *cough*

Where was I? Ah yes...

What If They Gave A Flame War And Nobody Came?

Food for thought.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Which reminds me...

You snaked my deck! Gimme back my deck!

I know you got it. I seen you playin it!

*cough* *cough*

See? I'm just going to ignore Majic, just like you should ignore flamers. If he continues to harass me, then I'll file a complaint.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Oh man! I feel so thwarted.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Oh man! I feel so thwarted.

Sorry mate...can't hear you.

Hmmmm...maybe I should turn my new stereo down.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Please excuse the off topic vitriol... Ignoring this type of diversion is the best course of action.

Although it can be annoying when engaged in meaningful and on topic discussion, the focus should always remain on your point of view or opinion, regardless of the inane trollery that may be engaged by members who are intent on disruption and obfuscation.

After it becomes apparent that their clumsy machinations are ineffective, the perpetrators will move on, as any shiny object will arouse their feeble curiosity, and render them irrelevant in the realm of the cogent.

[edit on 5/4/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
sniff sniff..

ok, who thwarted?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Someone please fill me in, I want to know what happened.

Now if I don't know it will stay in my brain, gnawing away, torturing me...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Kacen, I suppose you could U2U bodrul for that answer.

I'd rather we avoid the drama and consider what happened "water under the bridge."

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
bodrul, absolutely no need to feel that you have offended myself or any member of the staff. We are all going to stand up for what we believe in. I believe that is human nature. Sometimes what we believe in may cause some conflict with the staff of Above Top Secret. While there may have been a very slight disagreement, you stood up for what you believe in while showing the utmost respect for yourself, the members, and the staff of this community. Disagreements will happen, this is an inevitable truth. All that we can ask for is that we are capable of showing respect for one another, even at the worst of times.

The respect you have shown has only reinforced my respect for you as a member.

All of the best,
chissler

top topics

<<   2 >>

join