It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Of Advanced Civilization 500,000 Years Ago?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by Byrd
Ah Mike, as many have said, we've discussed these before.

There's interesting, odd, and unusual archaeological and paleontological material out there and interesting REAL unusual finds on ancient civilizations. But those hoary old hoaxes aren't any of them.

For example, a good list of "top ten Biblical archaeology discoveries" is here (and there's interesting unknowns and mysteries about them) : ....

Thanks Byrd! I ain't no archaeologist! So it gets pretty interesting when one reads about the oddities of the ancient past. Like the mysteries of Easter Island, Stonehenge and hey, even the pyramids!! But you'll agree, we don't have all the answers to all these enigmas!

Is there a site that explains all this scientifically? Agreed most of them may be biased toward sensationalizing these finds. So there must be somewhere a site that provides logical and scientific explanations for all these oddities?

By I was especially interested in this Egyptian artifact...

Cheers!

That's a depiction of an eggplant invested with beetle grubs.
No, really!
It is.

Those Egyptians loved their eggplant

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Those Egyptians loved their eggplant

You bet they did!

OK, anyone have any theories on this '3 billion year old manufactured spheroid'? I believe it baffled NASA scientists too!

Here..

Oh yeah! Forgot to mention that the metallic spheroids have been
mined out of a layer of pyrophyllite rock. That should help Marduk with his 'explanations' if 'not done to death' as yet!!!!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
An electric eggplant powered by Baghdad batteries?

So how did the egyptians carve detailed reliefs in stone walls inside tombs and pyramids? It would have been pitch dark inside the inner pyramids (we're talking far inside the pyramids). There is no evidence of soot marks carbon deposited, or torch material...

There's alot we don't yet know about the egyptians/origins and technology

Check this out for those that havn't seen:

The Giza Power Plant VIDEO

Google Video Link

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Time-traveling Star Wars fans that apparently dropped thier scale model of the Death Star?

Nah. My guess is that stuff like that DOES appear in nature... Which is why over 200 of them have been found. Given that they are variable in size, shape, surface regularity, etc, they sure don't strike me as being, ahem, "manufactured".

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Time-traveling Star Wars fans that apparently dropped thier scale model of the Death Star?

Nah. My guess is that stuff like that DOES appear in nature... Which is why over 200 of them have been found. Given that they are variable in size, shape, surface regularity, etc, they sure don't strike me as being, ahem, "manufactured".

Jees! Didn't you know that an advanced pre-historic machine could have had hundreds of different ball bearings to run the darn thing? And they come in all sizes.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   

OK, anyone have any theories on this '3 billion year old manufactured spheroid'? I believe it baffled NASA scientists too!

The only thing that baffled NASA is where the idea that anything baffled NASA came from

The full story - and explanation - for these 'spheres' can be found in this article by geologist Paul Heinrich:-

www.talkorigins.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

The full story - and explanation - for these 'spheres' can be found in this article by geologist Paul Heinrich:-

www.talkorigins.org...

Interesting read! But what happened finally? Extract from the article you quoted:

There are natural processes that can account for single, possibly multiple, grooves. However, until actual specimens can be acquired for study, it is rather pointless to speculate on such a matter.

The study of these nodules is ongoing. At this time, I am trying to obtain via surface (snail) mail actual specimens of these and copies of private reports containing data about them. This unfortunately, will likely take some time, possibly months.

This was in 1996 I guess. Was there a follow up? What was the final conclusion?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
There a bit of an update from Paul in this thread on the Hall of Maat Forum:

www.hallofmaat.com...,332478,332478#msg-332478

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you can't believe everything you read on the internet. I've read probably close to a hundred reports now of ancient technologies and I've yet to see one that wasn't one of the following:

1> An outright lie or omission of facts by the writer.
2> Easily explained to be natural in origin.
3> Hearsay with no physical evidence.

I would simply love to discover a true story about somebody finding an iron pot or a stone wall miles underground with no explanation...but I've yet to see one.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

That's a depiction of an eggplant invested with beetle grubs.
No, really!
It is.

Or following the explanation that has been done to death here:

Lotus Blossom with Snake, legs akimbo.

It's amazing to follow this conversation through multiple threads. Marduk being (the heavy handed) voice of reason (and Byrd playing the nice guy voice of reason) and dozens of people coming in mid conversation to play "let's pretend" then go on about atlantis, 5000000 year old humans, egyptian electricity, myan airplanes, even stargates for x sake etc.

The one most common thread [punny!] of these threads: most all of the craziest pseudosciences come from ID-centric websites! What amazing fun we could have had if the flat earthers had had the internet in their time!

Marduk or Byrd had posted another set of more plausible OOParts a while ago in another thread, the problem with them was that they were just boring! Like a campfire found in a subway excavation (not really) or something equally mundane. I think that is why the real ones are so often overlooked, they aren't fantastic enough to warrant the ADD internet users attention and people with books to sell cant do anything with something so mundane!

BUT, we can talk our heads off about sparkplugs and Kofus stargate! Hey I heard they found some giants in the earths bones!

[edit on 4/6/2007 by whargoul]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whargoul

Marduk or Byrd had posted another set of more plausible OOParts a while ago in another thread, the problem with them was that they were just boring!

I think that is why the real ones are so often overlooked, they aren't fantastic enough to warrant the ADD internet users attention and people with books to sell cant do anything with something so mundane!

Hmmm... I missed that one! But where on Earth (pun unintended) are those 'real ones' you mentioned?
I've gotta see this!! Bring 'em on. I'm all ears!

P.S. Byrd's a lady!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Bah, Byrd's a picture of a guy that looks like he is about to embarass somebody by pointing out their ignorance, your a talking skull in a spacesuit (courtesy of Y the Last Man), Nygan is Baltar (who HAS been released btw ftw) and Marduk is the lord of light...

BUT like I said, those real ones were boring and so (ADD me) forgot about them... I am leaning towards Byrd having mentioned them and hopefully (ok she) she can post the link again?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Bah, Byrd's a picture of a guy that looks like he is about to embarass somebody by pointing out their ignorance, your a talking skull in a spacesuit (courtesy of Y the Last Man), Nygan is Baltar (who HAS been released btw ftw) and Marduk is the lord of light...

Marduk is just a babylonian name in the same way that Jesus is a mexican name, neither is supposed to be a claim to divinity
my Avatar shows Bel Marduk who is a God
his name means "bull calf of the sun"
please do not claim that it means lord of light or I'll have the fundies linking me with Lucifer again

BUT like I said, those real ones were boring and so (ADD me) forgot about them... I am leaning towards Byrd having mentioned them and hopefully (ok she) she can post the link again?

I didn't do it
I've never seen any oopart that was genuine
but there are a few things that are out of place
not because they shouldn't be there
but because we don't understand the context

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

...What amazing fun we could have had if the flat earthers had had the internet in their time!

Dude,
Where YOU been?

The Flat Earth Society is always pleased to welcome new members into its ranks. After all, the organization has been around for 451 years. If we failed to allow outsiders to join us, the whole organization wouldn't really be able to last too long, now, would it?
But we also cannot take the risk of simply letting anyone in that feels so inclined. Followers of Efimovich's teachings are always eager to infiltrate our group and undermine what we are trying to accomplish. So, to deal both with the painstakingly time-consuming task of interviewing each individual applicant separately, and to avoid being overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of those wishing to be a member of the Flat Earth Society, we have developed an easier way to screen applicants, and get them out and working in as short a time as possible.

To that end, we have put together this survey. Fill in every blank below, and then press the "Send" button to transmit your application for approval by one of our fine Flat Earth Society officers. The results will be sent back to you as pass/fail only, and you should receive notification and further instructions within two weeks.

Source: The Flat Earth Society

They DO have the internet!

Is there a site that explains all this scientifically? Agreed most of them may be biased toward sensationalizing these finds. So there must be somewhere a site that provides logical and scientific explanations for all these oddities?

Try these:
Doug's Archaeology Site

Pseudoscience page at the Antiquity of Man website

Skeptic's Dictionary

Catchpenny Mysteries of Ancient Egypt

There are several others, but these should be enough for now. Especially the Antiquity of Man website. It's a gigantic collection of links to other webpages - several at the Hall of Maat, BTW.

Harte

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Marduk or Byrd had posted another set of more plausible OOParts a while ago in another thread, the problem with them was that they were just boring!

I think that is why the real ones are so often overlooked, they aren't fantastic enough to warrant the ADD internet users attention and people with books to sell cant do anything with something so mundane!

Hmmm... I missed that one! But where on Earth (pun unintended) are those 'real ones' you mentioned?
I've gotta see this!! Bring 'e "m on. I'm all ears!

P.S. Byrd's a lady!

Cheers!

One set of favorite mysteries are the megaliths -- but it's going to be years before I can see them (school and money are the main hinderances) and their associated materials. Most of them are simply "there", though, with not a lot of material buried at the site:
www.megalithic.co.uk...

A big interest of mine are the American pictograph and petroglyphs. These are very under-studied things, and the links between the art styles, image types, themes, and tribes aren't well established.

Another favorite -- when I visited Costa Rica, there were countrywide references to a deity, "El Grande Chaman" (the great shaman god.) Images exist of this deity (transforming into animals) but because the tradition was oral, few records exist. I'd love to go back and (armed with better Spanish and a few months worth of time) find out more about this deity. I'm not sure if he was a true 'god' as we think of it, because the Diku (the people who are the source of this deity concept) practiced shamanism rather than religion.

Mysteries are everywhere! Some archaeological sites apparently have star and sunrise markers, but we're only now discovering these (Painted Rocks, Texas is one visitor and speculation friendly site you can visit.) I'd love to check Deer Valley in Arizona to see if there seem to be sun markersthere.

...geoglyphs...
www.americanparagliding.com...

www.sinay.com...

Items from the Caddo mounds:
www.texasbeyondhistory.net...

Stone circle in Miami:
www.trussel.com...

...and on and on and on. They're everywhere!

The best way to find (and work with!) odd and interesting artifacts is to get involved with your state archaeological association or an antiquary association.
www.sal.org.uk...

www.americanantiquarian.org...

There's loads of interesting old stuff that needs good armchair researchers who are willing to find out details about the era and the people and the things they had and used. This isn't just for scientists... though you do have to know how to do good research!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
An electric eggplant powered by Baghdad batteries?

So how did the egyptians carve detailed reliefs in stone walls inside tombs and pyramids? It would have been pitch dark inside the inner pyramids (we're talking far inside the pyramids). There is no evidence of soot marks carbon deposited, or torch material...

There aren't any paintings in there, either (at least not in the Great Pyramid.) There also wouldn't be a huge soot buildup, since the painters and sculptors went in only to carve the inscriptions (and perhaps while it was being built and that level was still open to the sky) and then left. You don't get soot buildup unless there's a lot of lamps over a lot of time.

There's also lots and lots of their lamps around, and all sorts of texts refering to lamps, lamp oil, and so forth.

There's alot we don't yet know about the egyptians/origins and technology

I think that should be rephrased to "there's a lot that the Alternative Histories folks don't know about Egyptians/origins and technology." Far too often, the exact information that knocks their speculations flat is actually written in Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs right next to the picture that they're speculating about. Like the "light bulb." The text there isn't about lights or bulbs or batteries... it's about festivals and gold covered statues.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Thanks to Byrd and Harte for all the info. Will take me days to wade through it though!!

And hey Byrd! Why the devil don't you change your avatar? Make it look more girlie-like? You're creating a lot o' confusion here!! They think you're some guy with a byrd, err.. I mean beard!!

See mine? A male skeleton in a space suit, as someone mentioned here. Darn! That happened to me on my last trip in John Lear's Shuttle to Mars!
Jees! Gotta get the wiring right next time!!

Cheers!

[edit on 7-4-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesinghAnd hey Byrd! Why the devil don't you change your avatar?

Hey, look at all the avatars (by guys) featuring women that they find sexy or cute or inspiring in some way -- and nobody ever assumes the poster is a woman. Allow us women our little vanities, too.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Thanks to Byrd and Harte for all the info. Will take me days to wade through it though!!

You're quite welcome. Enjoy.

See mine? A male skeleton in a space suit, as someone mentioned here. Darn! That happened to me on my last trip in John Lear's Shuttle to Mars!
Jees! Gotta get the wiring right next time!!

I agree that Byrd's avatar is deceiving, but we both know about women and deception, eh?

BTW, I thought you were a girl, judging by that female skeleton in your avatar!

Can you tell that my avatar is a beating male heart?

Harte

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If that image is about festivals and gold-covered statues, then what exactly is being depicted? I am trying to understand what is happening in the picture. Also, when you say, "gold-covered", how might they have done that? Guilding? Plating? Gold Paint? What might the festival be celebrating?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join