It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Demolition Man' surveillance coming to the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Ever seen the film 'Demolition Man'? When somebody swears or commits an anti-social act, a voice pops up from behind the cameras saying 'you have been fined two credits for violation of etc....'

Well looky here everybody...

From BBC News "Talking CCTV scolds offenders"

Everybody in the free world should know about this happening here in the UK. It's a bloody disgrace!!!

Here's a quote from Labour home secretary John Reid, an ex communist...

Home Secretary John Reid told BBC News there would be some people, "in the minority who will be more concerned about what they claim are civil liberties intrusions".

I cannot believe that this is happening. Where will it end? What is this country coming to? We need a change of government and we need it pronto.

The lefties are going nuts for surveillance. This is indefensible. Any Labour voter who advocates such surveillance officially qualifies for the 'put a monkey in a red rosette and they'll vote for them'.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by boyg2004

I cannot believe that this is happening. Where will it end? What is this country coming to? We need a change of government and we need it pronto.

The lefties are going nuts for surveillance. This is indefensible. Any Labour voter who advocates such surveillance officially qualifies for the 'put a monkey in a red rosette and they'll vote for them'.

I've looked all over the net but try as I might I can't find anything which says that Cameron's Conservative Party have promised to end this type of surveillance.

So a change of Government won't stop this type of Big Brother activity will it?

zero lift

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
We don't run a two party system in the UK. There are plenty of options.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've been saying it for ages now: Reid is a Fascist. It is no coincidence he ended up in charge of the Home Office, and he sure as hell wasn't sent in to sort out the departments disasterous failings, because the guy has been there for ages now, and the disasters still happen, while at the same time, Reid seems totally preoccupied with going 1984 on everyone. Whenever you see the guy give interview, he is ALWAYS mentioning terrorism, always talking about the police needing more power. He hardly ever talks about the other duties of his department, unless there's a current scandal involving one of them. His underlings have all caught the bug too.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
This is a great idea. I hate litter and constantly have to chase down idiots who drop it and point them to a bin or worse still clean up after them.
This might save me the hassle.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I just hope I won't have to learn how to use the three sea shells!!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm afraid it's too late to stop it now. Fibre optic cameras and other surveillance devices including CELLDAR are now esrablished in the UK. The next logical step is to employ midgets to enter people's homes and monitor their thoughts so that any rude or wrong thoughts can be punished via a gas propelled gun firing micropellets. Far fetched - watch this space!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I smell a business opportunity!

Can't utter profanities, smoke, or drink in public?
Then head-on down to Smith's 'swear-easy' bar...there you can blaspheme your head off, smoke, and be as offensive with your fellow members as you wish in luxurious surroundings...membership not for the faint-hearted!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Some of you DM fans might find THiS to be worth a good read. It's not Taco Bell, but it may still be food for thought.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yes, I know I am American, so I tend to try and stay out of threads involving other countries. But, I have to comment on this. I wish things like this got more coverage here in the Sates. If it did, there wouldn't be so much ignorance about the subject.

You talk to an average American about the possibility of stuff like this happening and they think you are crazy!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I know what you mean. Whenever I talk to an American I think they're crazy too.

new topics

top topics

join