It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jesus was a black man!!!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
Dont try to sell me the story that the christian churches all around the world are in one huge conspiracy to keep Jesus white. I dont think people think about it too much because everyone has their own vision of their savior.

As long as all of the leaders of the church are white rich people...you damn right I believe they will try to keep the appreance of jesus looking like themselves....
So most people here believe he was arab-jew looking....well iraqis have are brothers with the jews by bloodline[dna] as with palistinians...Try telling your average sheeperson in america walking out of a chruch that jesus looked like an iraqi!!!Im sure they would disagree and probably be offended even though it is the truth.THATS BECAUSE POLITICS AND RACE HAVE A HUGE PART OF RELIGION..AND IF YOU DONT KNOW THAT..YOU HAVE BEEN FOOLED

That being said you think that politics have no place in the modern christian church???The christian church today and has ALWAYS seemed to be more interested with politics and power then the seem to be interested in actually portraying jesus in the way that he wanted.

Rich white people are not going to worship a amn that looked like an iraqi and they will not worship a black man.But they have no problem worshiping images of jesus that are white even though they are false images.

So its not me with the hang up of color...its the christian church that has the problem.

McGotti you cant care about non believers because that is what you have described. People who are so concentrated on Jesus that they will not follow a black version of him then they are not true believers, Christians must accept Jesus is the savior of man not a white guy cause that is not explicitly stated. I dont care about white non believer leaders leading fake believers , I would put more interest in the venomous debate this thread has boiled down to. I dont think you didnt have an interesting idea at first but this race issue has divided us too much.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Only about 3 people have turned this into what you called a "venomous debate".

You are not worried about the false leaders and the followers they have decieved..thats fine.But I am worried about them because they are the ones with the most power in our country...possibly the world.So although you may be enlightened many many more are not.And that is why im interested in this topic.....

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yes coorporations are the ones that pose the threat to us...but the christain religion has been dominate alot longer than enron and halliburton ect.

Lets look at who runs these huge corporations...Mostly white, rich ,elite, christians[or they claim to be christians].

Its all connected....race,money,power,religion... and the christain religion has dominated ALL of them in our semi-recent history.

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
its simmilar to how weve been force fed the idea jesus was white and no one has really questioned it.

I'm glad you've come to your senses.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

its simmilar to how weve been force fed the idea jesus was white and no one has really questioned it.

I'm glad you've come to your senses.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Now, I hope that can entertain the reality that Jesus was truly a black man.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I dont care what anyone else thinks, and im not trying to brainwash anyone. I feel strongly that the man Jesus was black, or at least fairly dark skined. He was to close to the equator not to be.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Now, I hope that can entertain the reality that Jesus was truly a black man.

I dont think people have a problem with Jesus being black on this board as they do with the discussion of it because it seems very antagonistic to Jesus' message.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I doubt there is anyway I could be convinced of his color either way...tthe fact is that the christain church could have eaisily changed or remove the parts of scripture that may contradict what the claim as truth.The evidence has been erased from the bible and probably the earth.

I dont think there is enough evidence to prove he was any color at all.The descriptions are so vauge that the is almost nothing to go on.

Yes I understand that jesus didnt care about color and neither should we but the fact is that many people do care.So how did we come to our socially accepted image of jesus..and im not talking about most of the people on ATS..Im talking about your average person on the street that thinks jesus is white.. Why do some many people believe this??

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I know you just came in but there has been a fight over the past several days that Jesus wasn't black in the face of overwhelming facts to the contrary.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
I doubt there is anyway I could be convinced of his color either way...tthe fact is that the christain church could have eaisily changed or remove the parts of scripture that may contradict what the claim as truth.The evidence has been erased from the bible and probably the earth.

I dont think there is enough evidence to prove he was any color at all.The descriptions are so vauge that the is almost nothing to go on.

Yes I understand that jesus didnt care about color and neither should we but the fact is that many people do care.So how did we come to our socially accepted image of jesus..and im not talking about most of the people on ATS..Im talking about your average person on the street that thinks jesus is white.. Why do some many people believe this??

A church conspiracy Im sadly realizing. And how much of the bible do we really know is the original text, thats scary to think about. And to colonel yeah I wasnt aware of the fact people were swearing up and down that Jesus was white, its sad but I dont think it makes em racist.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Brainwashing.....Changing the bible to fit agendas... I agree that is what has happen.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
A church conspiracy Im sadly realizing. And how much of the bible do we really know is the original text, thats scary to think about.

Brainwashing.....Changing the bible to fit agendas... I agree that is what has happen.

Thats why I have problems with the christian religion.

The "king james bible" is a blantent rewritting of the bible in which things could be added,changed,or simply left out.

The ideas of christianity today were not probably changed.....but were obviously changed.Changed for better or worse..thats impossible to say simply because we dont know what the changes were,wrong or right.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
From my understanding, the King James Version was written BECAUSE the Roman Catholic Church was changing the Bible.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

From my understanding, the King James Version was written BECAUSE the Roman Catholic Church was changing the Bible.

Yeah I had actually heard the same thing, and it would make more sense seeing as how conspiratorial and threatening the Catholic Church can be.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Yeah I had actually heard the same thing, and it would make more sense seeing as how conspiratorial and threatening the Catholic Church can be.

Yes I know colonel,I remember when you brought this up before and I do not dispute that.My only point was that its OBVIOUS that the bible has been changed and rewrittin.If the King james bible is better..so be it,but how do we know this,my problem isnt with the king james bible its just showing that the bible and the facts HAVE been changed so whats to say that the original words from the lord have not been changed by man to gain power and wealth for ONE group of people.

What race has gained domanince because of the bible???

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Its because Christ has been whitewashed but God di say that the world has been given into the hand of Satan.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
are you tryin to say that the white man is the devil colonel?? cuz thats what it sounds like....

let me quote brotha lynch for you..you know him right colonel??

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I don't know brotha Lynch---never heard of him and I'm not saying anything. I am just pointing out scripture AGAIN and YOU can look at the facts and draw you're own conclusions.

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I don't know brotha Lynch---never heard of him and I'm not saying anything.

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by Colonel]

Oh no colonel?...well you plagerize or you lie

Mon Nov 24, 2003
Colonel War Journal VIII: It's been a long time

been a long time, I shouldn't have left you
Without a strong rhyme to step to
Think of how many weak shows you slept through
Time's up, I'm sorry I kept you

Um sir...Those are lyrics from a brotha lynch song and I happen to know that song very well.

that song is off his "loaded" abulm

so you either plagerize material which you do not even know the author of.....

or your a LIAR

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join