It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Jesus, God???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
Wise on the other hand as his respond to my post. Seems to think he is always right. And that he knows all.

What I think that I think is useless. Compare what I think to what the living word thinks.

I rather be saving souls and being at peace with everyone than damnage my own salvation by calling a sister a sinner.

A man has the power to plant a seed. But he didn't create the seed. Therefore doesn't have the power to make it germinate.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm not really sure, but he appears to be related to the Easter Bunny.

ALL I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LIFE I LEARNED FROM THE EASTER BUNNY

Don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

Walk softly and carry a big carrot.

Everyone needs a friend who is all ears.

All work and no play can make you a basket case.

Everyone is entitled to a bad hare day.

Let happy thoughts multiply like rabbits.

Keep your paws off other people's jellybeans.

The grass is always greener in someone else's basket.

An Easter bonnet can tame even the wildest hare.
To show your true colors you have to come out of your shell.
The best things in life are still sweet and gooey!

Jean Doug Lennie

Happy Easter!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
His easter bunny would be God and it would be mine too. There is nothing wrong with relieing on God and his word. But lets save souls then cuz trouble. Where brothers and sisters we relie on each to lift up each others spirits and help each give glorty to God and help onto the holy family

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
"You are all Gods. All of you are children of the most high." Psalm 82:6

So, according to that bible quote, Jesus is God, just like you and me.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Thank you BlackGaurd.

I have said this many times to a multitude of the religious, yet they still deny what they are.

They fight bible verses with bible verses :shk:

Thanks again
Informative for the miss informed

Also, "Thus saith the Lord: Ye are gods and children of the Most High."

It does not say that we are below any thing or that there is any thing above us. It merely says that we are children considered to be of the most high.

[edit on 28-4-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

Unless one was born of a virgin, who was supernaturally impregnated by GOD, with GOD himself. Well that'd be the only way. So no we are not.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep

Unless one was born of a virgin, who was supernaturally impregnated by GOD, with GOD himself. Well that'd be the only way. So no we are not.

So the bible is wrong? If the bible is good enough to be used by Christians to support their agenda, which is like saying I am right because my book says I am, then it seems fair it is good enough for me to quote from when Christian questions are asked.
What does Psalm 82:6 mean, then?

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

So the bible is wrong?

Not a word of it.

If the bible is good enough to be used by Christians to support their agenda, which is like saying I am right because my book says I am, then it seems fair it is good enough for me to quote from when Christian questions are asked.

It's GOD's book, not mine or anyone elses. If you'd take the time to open it and step through it, you'd see it's supernatural.

It is fair to quote from it, indeedy.

If you are going to use it to support an outrageous claim such as you did. At least take the time to figure out that the same book you are quoting reproves the claim that you are making. Instead of leading people astray, leading them to believe they are perfect GOD's when in reality we are fallen corrupt beings.

Study all of Psalm 82, look at several English translations and you'll see what it means. If you really have the desire to see what it means, rather than supporting your own notion.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So the bible is wrong?

Not a word of it.

If the bible is good enough to be used by Christians to support their agenda, which is like saying I am right because my book says I am, then it seems fair it is good enough for me to quote from when Christian questions are asked.

It's GOD's book, not mine or anyone elses. If you'd take the time to open it and step through it, you'd see it's supernatural.

It is fair to quote from it, indeedy.

If you are going to use it to support an outrageous claim such as you did. At least take the time to figure out that the same book you are quoting reproves the claim that you are making. Instead of leading people astray, leading them to believe they are perfect GOD's when in reality we are fallen corrupt beings.

Study all of Psalm 82, look at several English translations and you'll see what it means. If you really have the desire to see what it means, rather than supporting your own notion.

Been there done that. Read the KJAV, NIV, and Good News through. Then I've perused at least three others. Oh yeah, and the Koran, Gita, and some Vedic verse.
I also wonder why God says in the bible, in the ten commandments, not to have other Gods before him. So what I see is that there are clearly other Gods, or he is not being accurate. Idols and false gods are covered by another commandment, so it must be that the other Gods he clearly mentions are really Gods.
We could spend some time on this type of thing. I know many such bible verses.
Thanks for the advice, but as I said, I already have done that.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Been there done that. Read the KJAV, NIV, and Good News through. Then I've perused at least three others. Oh yeah, and the Koran, Gita, and some Vedic verse.
I also wonder why God says in the bible, in the ten commandments, not to have other Gods before him. So what I see is that there are clearly other Gods, or he is not being accurate. Idols and false gods are covered by another commandment, so it must be that the other Gods he clearly mentions are really Gods.
We could spend some time on this type of thing. I know many such bible verses.
Thanks for the advice, but as I said, I already have done that.

Judges, rulers, presidents, kings of the earth. Authority in high places.

Some worship kings before GOD. Some worship actors before GOD. Some athletes. Some worship themselves as god before GOD.

Psalm 82 was talking about unrighteous judgment.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Thanks for that. I am with Gandhi, who said, "The bible is just as much a book of religion as the Koran or the Gita."
I don't 'worship' God, or even know if there is one, or anything. I just accept that other people are not me, and I cannot say what they should do, so Christians, atheists, etc., to me, are all valid and are respected as peers, none more righteous or spiritual.
Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Thanks for that. I am with Gandhi, who said, "The bible is just as much a book of religion as the Koran or the Gita."

He allowed an incident in his youth turn him away from eternal life. Out of ignorance. That's what helped shape his quote above.

One has to be willingly ignorant, to say the least. To allow the actions of one or more, to turn them away from their only hope.

It doesn't matter how wicked anyone claiming christianity is or appears to be. The point is, without Jesus' sacrifice, faithing in it. There is no hope.

Sin brought death, so if one sins, something must die in order to cover it. Paul (supposedly the author) explains a lot of this in the book of hebrews. No matter what is sacrificed, ultimately you will die, still in sin. It's impossible for us to sacrifice anything more holy than we who brought sin into the world. Being that we ourselves are fallen that won't cut it. That's where Jesus Christ comes in. If he was simply a man, every faith is vain. Even in him. That's why there are so many antichrist forces running around to make people think he is/was a man only, that or a myth, nullifying their faith and only hope.

If he was who he said he was. Then his sacrifice covered them all. If he wasn't who he said he was, sacrifices would continue to this day for sins.

Even if one continued to shed blood for sin, it's made null at this point. The holiest blood there is has covered them all. If one doesn't faith in that and become part of it, there is no other way to life for them. Not this life, but the next.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The bible also said they would follow their own Gods. And That God is the only God, remember ten commandments.

The bible doesnt say that. Its a matter of opinion on what the bible says as far as Jesus being God. But still Jesus claimed that God was his own God. And that God was in heaven, while Jesus was on earth.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I doubt whether any of these things people say Jesus claimed, is actually what Jesus really claimed.

I doubt he even called himself Jesus. I doubt he ever said he came to save us from ourselves and die for our sins.

Now, for those not researched, there are more than one story of this historical figure we call Jesus. Here is a version that you probably havent heard.

What if Jesus, well call him that for arguments sake, what if he was the Son of God, and the Son of Man, as he claimed? For instance, think about those things.

The title "Son of God" was used to express his divine nature, and his oneness with God. Yes this could be true. The title "Son of Man" was used to express his complete human nature and form. Yes this could be true. So what does this mean?

Jesus is known as saying "I and my Father are one". But he is also noted as saying "What I can do, you will do and greater". So what is he trying to tell us?

The man who we call Jesus, incarnated upon this Earth plane, to show humanity the Power of themselves! The power of the HUMAN SPIRIT, which is ONE WITH GOD. He preached constantly, to search for God within you, in fact, every single great spiritual leader in history has found God within himself, and preached to do the same.

Its just in our ignorance, we misunderstand the teachings, and put these men, great as they are, on holy pedestals, which they never desired. Jesus did not tell you to worship him, and wear red robes upon thy backs, as you control the masses. No. God never once told you, ever, to worship him, and idolize him, and put himself above you. Never.

He told you, and you know this deep within too, that you and God are equals. You are ONE. Jesus told you this, Buddha told you this, Mohammed told you this. They also told you that you would not understand their teachings, and you would deceive and kill and hate in the name of their teachings.

They said in 2000 years, which would be equivalent to today, now, in this generation, they said in 2000 years, the Truth would be brought to Man once again, and he will then be able to understand it, and create a world of Peace and abundance.

We are on the threshold, we are ready to start understanding basic spiritual truths, which are not exactly difficult either. Treat others as you would want to be treated. Love others as you love yourself, you gotta love yourself in the first place! Many many people have trouble with that. Lead a good life, search for God within you, and work to overcome your fears and imbalances that are holding you back. This is all it takes, and if we do this, we will create the world we desire.

We must become more heart-centered, humanity today is too mind-centered, and relies too much on intellect instead of following the sincere feelings of the heart. This is where the Truth lies. You will know it from how your heart-center, the chakra in the middle of your chest where you feel your e-motions, you will know it by the energies you feel. Your mind may rebel, because it is against your intellectual reasoning, and against your belief system, but the heart always knows.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

The bible also said they would follow their own Gods. And That God is the only God, remember ten commandments.

The bible doesnt say that. Its a matter of opinion on what the bible says as far as Jesus being God. But still Jesus claimed that God was his own God. And that God was in heaven, while Jesus was on earth.

You can't have both ways. Psalm 82:6 says 'all', which includes Jesus. Also, regarding the ten commandments, see above. I point out God admits other gods exist in one of them, and mentions worshipping false gods in another. Either the words mean what they say, or God made two commandments redundant. What is your choice, he meant something different than what he wrote, and repeated himself, or that he meant what he wrote, and did not repeat himself?
I don't know if God is, or what God is, but I do respect others beliefs as being as valid as my own, for them.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

He allowed an incident in his youth turn him away from eternal life. Out of ignorance. That's what helped shape his quote above.
The point is, without Jesus' sacrifice, faithing in it. There is no hope.
If he was simply a man, every faith is vain.

Maybe you are right, maybe not. Gandhi also said he admired Christ, but not Christians. I do not agree with your conclusions at all. If Jesus personally begged me to let him pay for my sins or go to hell forever, I'd be going to hell. If heaven requires one be Christian, it is a place I do not want to be. The Hindus, Muslims, atheists, et al, are not all ignorant just because they are not Christian by choice. That is my firm view.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Gandhi also said he admired Christ, but not Christians.

Would he have blindly refused what he taught then?

All religions like to pick and choose his teachings that can be twisted into a humanistic view. Or a humanitarian type view. By the way look up the original definition of humanitarian. Not the one that's in the dictionaries now, that's been twisted in the last hundred years.

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
Humanitarian \Hu*man`i*ta"ri*an\, n. [From Humanity.]
1. (Theol. & Ch. Hist.) One who denies the divinity of
Christ, and believes him to have been merely human.

2. (Philos.) One who limits the sphere of duties to human
relations and affections, to the exclusion or
disparagement of the religious or spiritual.

3. One who is actively concerned in promoting the welfare of
his kind; a philanthropist. [Recent]

Source

However they all like to refuse his divinity, because the demons that run those shows know that if they suck people in with this "love, love, love" garbage. They still have them headed to hell. If they don't understand that sacrifice.

If Jesus personally begged me to let him pay for my sins or go to hell forever, I'd be going to hell.

Can you even grasp what hell is like?

What people don't understand is. Take for example anything on this earth that happens to be half way enjoyable. It's because the presence of GOD is here. When he hides himself from this place for awhile. It will be a day of darkness, not light.

You can't physically comprehend what you are saying in the statement you just made. If you could, you wouldn't do it.

If heaven requires one be Christian, it is a place I do not want to be.

The kingdom of GOD requires you to know your guilt of sin. To know that Jesus Christ came to earth to die to cover them. Also to know that there is no other way to Heaven except through that sacrifice. Not through works, but only through that gift, that none deserve, and faithing in it.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by WiseSheep]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

All religions like to pick and choose his teachings that can be twisted into a humanistic view. However they all like to refuse his divinity, because the demons that run those shows know that if they suck people in with this "love, love, love" garbage. They still have them headed to hell.

If Jesus personally begged me to let him pay for my sins or go to hell forever, I'd be going to hell.

Can you even grasp what hell is like?
What people don't understand is. Take for example anything on this earth that happens to be half way enjoyable. It's because the presence of GOD is here.
You can't physically comprehend what you are saying in the statement you just made. If you could, you wouldn't do it.

If heaven requires one be Christian, it is a place I do not want to be.

The kingdom of GOD requires you to know your guilt of sin. To know that Jesus Christ came to earth to die to cover them. Also to know that there is no other way to Heaven except through that sacrifice. [edit on 2-5-2007 by WiseSheep]

First, I see nothing bad about focusing on love in life, and love being the basis of actions taken, whether from ones personal religious devotion, or for atheist secular reasons. Refusing God's existence, or Christianity, or Jesus' reality, or any other religious dogma is not important, because no one faith has the monopoly on righteousness. Spirituality is a personal thing, no church has the patent on it. A Buddhist is as likely to be a saint as an atheist, Jew, Muslim, or any other faith. If love is a means by which one can be sent to hell, I hope I go there.
Re: grasp hell, first see John 3:16, which states you perish or live forever, no hell required. Second, the scariest description of hell I've heard is eternal isolation, you are utterly alone. Yikes!
I can comprehend, and would, and did, and stand by it. I would say to Jesus, 'No thank you, I'll pay for my own mistakes, no offense.'
Eternity in paradise is not enough enticement for me to forget my principles.
I know I sin. I just won't let Jesus take the rap. Period.
Besides, if there is a God, would God have a pet church? Would God play favorites? Even if that were so, Christians would be middle of the pack, tops.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

First, I see nothing bad about focusing on love in life, and love being the basis of actions taken, whether from ones personal religious devotion, or for atheist secular reasons.

Without Jesus Christ, there is no love and life.

Refusing God's existence, or Christianity, or Jesus' reality, or any other religious dogma is not important, ...

Refusing the sacrifice GOD made for you will send you to hell.

Where one spends his eternal life is important.

because no one faith has the monopoly on righteousness.

Something cannot have the monopoly on something that doesn't exist among men. There are none righteous. One of the most brilliant verses in the bible is Job 9:20. If any man calls himself righteous. Just watch him. His own mouth will condemn him. His own actions will condemn him. The more holy one claims to be the more wretched they turn out to be. That's a fact.

It's about life and death. Righteousness might, just might happen to be a part of it.

Some of the most wretched people on this earth will be in heaven simply because of the fact that they excepted Jesus' gift and faithed in it. It changed them.

None of us are any better or any worse than any of the rest of us. Breaking the law makes us all equal.

Spirituality is a personal thing, no church has the patent on it.

There aren't multiple churches. There is only one. There will always be only one.

It's not a building, not an institution, organization, city, country, or a state.

It's the temple of GOD. Made of different members, yet all one body.

A Buddhist is as likely to be a saint as an atheist, Jew, Muslim, or any other faith.

By who's standard? Your's or the creator's? If it's by your standard. Do you have more authority than the one who created you? If a Buddhist, Atheist, Jew who refused to accept Jesus/Yeshua as the Messiah, or a Muslim, or any other faith, who are bound for hell happens to read this thread. If they take your word for it and go on to judgment day. Will the fact that they took your word for it actually save them?

If someone is guilty of a crime and you tell them they are likely to be innocent, or any other criminal. When the one who is guilty stands before the judge. Will the judge pardon him because a fellow citizen out of his own lack of understanding told him he was likely to be innocent?

If love is a means by which one can be sent to hell, I hope I go there.

Without faith, works are vain.

no hell required.

The man who's gate Lazarus lay at, once upon a time would beg to differ with you.

I can comprehend, and would, and did, and stand by it. I would say to Jesus, 'No thank you, I'll pay for my own mistakes, no offense.'

He'll reward you as you wish.

I know I sin. I just won't let Jesus take the rap. Period.

There is none other that can cover them.

Besides, if there is a God, would God have a pet church?

Those who choose him then mature here. It's not about a pet. It's about sifting through those who choose to follow him and those who choose to reject him. This is not done unrighteously either. We are all given more time than we deserve.

Would God play favorites?

If he played favorites, why would he choose a king that would go on to kill a man to take his wife? Why would he choose a man who would go on to deny him? Why would he choose a man who has the blood of many early christians on his hands to go on to use him to write most of his new testament?

If he played favorites surely he'd find more righteous than that? Maybe some of those Atheist saints you speak of.

He's gone out of his way to prove to us that he is no respecter of persons what so ever. If you open, he will come in.

Even if that were so, Christians would be middle of the pack, tops.

That's why we are at the tail end of the pack, tops.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The Bible says it (God is of Love or God is Love) One way or other. God is out there. And its a Big gamable Life after death. And How you spend life after death. Evidents aound proves to his existence. Just look around you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join