It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Foreign looking Military Jets @ Gary???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I dont know first thing that popped into my head...

This is a good one (Belgian air force fighter)

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I certainly HOPE it wasn't that one, because that would mean that Iran has successfully invaded Gary International, and who knows WHAT they're up to.

Although successfully invading Gary International; it should be pointed out that their flight plan was supposed to terminate in Damascus, and they took the wrong turn.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
To the OP ... there were jet flyovers for both the Cubs and Sox home openers today. Could that be the reason they were there?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Good point out about the Chicago Cubs!
The Minnesota Twins Opener was also today, but unfortunatly, we have a dome wich IMO is a great big

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The United States owns several Flankers and MiG-29 Fulcrums that are used for airshows. I'm pretty sure you saw a pair of them. Beautiful aircraft btw I am a big fan of the Flanker and Fulcrum.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Why don't you just call the airport tomorrow and ask what they were and why they looked like they did...

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Ok last night on my way home i snapped off a few pics of them, they were both still there at about 6:20 pm as of yesterday.

Looks like they have red stars on the tails???

Forgive the pic I was driving in heavy 90mph traffic

(Skyway outbound you can relate)

But hopefully enough they are clear enough for you guys to identify

img440.imageshack.us...

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/4/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Aggressor F/A-18s painted up to look like SU-27s.

This is not a one line post.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Sounds like you correct they do look like F-18's any idea of why they were at Gary?

Anyway glad we can put this one to bed

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Could have been simply a fuel stop with crew rest, or one of them had an inflight emergency and that was the airport that took them. There could be any number of reasons for it.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So then these are the Fighting Omars ?

Whats the advantage of painting our jets to look Russian? even if they do it for training?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Target Identification, and it's a mental thing. The Aggressors tend to think, act, and fly just like the old Soviet trained pilots did. They even have ground controllers trained to control them just like the Soviet controllers. Flying planes that look just like the Soviet planes gets them into the mode of thinking of themselves as Soviet pilots.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I still say just call the airport very friendly and ASK! All of your awnsers will be met. Thanks for the pic's.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
are we going to be attacked? Look at what I found on -NewscientistTech- Was this approved by the faa, we're all paying for small airport fixups now by way of the taxes we pay when we buy a airline ticket. Guess the government saved enough monies to buy this for our coming needs.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
look what I found on -NewscientistTech- looks like somethings is going to happen . Why else are we needing drones for?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
i see that this is an old thread but last week 6-6-08 there were four of these planes at gary and they had a call sign of agressor i belive. i heard the hand off from chicago to gary and then the request to land by a flight of three. gary tower asked if they were staying the night but i could not hear the reply

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sounds like an F-18B.....Take a look at this.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join