It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Foreign looking Military Jets @ Gary???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
So I was driving up to Chicago this morning from Northwest Indiana on the toll road about 8:25 AM and I saw 2 winter camo Jets on the tarmac at Gary airport

I was going about 85 mph and they were a ways off, but they looked to have a tail with twin vertical stabilizers kind of like a V but they didn’t look like 18's they had white nosecones that looked kind of long and seemed to be larger aircraft help me identify what kind of aircraft these were. I didn’t see and insignia on the tails so I don’t know. They had that winter blue and lighter blue camo pattern. Help me out??

Hopefully no monkey business 

[edit on 2-4-2007 by Chicagofreedomfighter]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Don't have time atm for research but I'm going to make a wild guess and say MiGs for an upcoming airshow.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Thats the thing I have lived here my entire life, and there are two airshows every year the CHicago Airshow and the Gary airshow but they are not untill August, but yes most of the aircraft stage at gary. My question is why would two be there today it struck me as strange.

Im looking for info and similar aircraft now so I can post pics

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Did they look something like these?

Or possibly these?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Did they look something like these?

Or possibly these?

Close im sure they had A V rear vertical stabilizer, do we have F18's with that kind of camo.

ANd yes the first pic is identical to that camo and patters although the blues were more pronounced. I wish i could have snapped off afew but i was going to fast

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm not aware of any foreign aircraft that use a V tail like the F-18 does off the top of my head. At least not any that we'd see in Gary. WE don't use that camo scheme though.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hmm Plot thickens ,,,,

My phone system is down at work, can someone call the Gary International airport and just ask what they are and why they are there? Worth a shot.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Twin tails like an F-18 huh?

Saeqeh

Couldn't be.....

(My guess is a couple of visiting Flankers. Its nearly Airshow season)

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Twin tails like an F-18 huh?

Saeqeh

Couldn't be.....

(My guess is a couple of visiting Flankers. Its nearly Airshow season)

WOW thanks for that pic, Im leaning on 89% for a match on the second of the two the one obvioulsy with the V,

Ok But like I said, we do not have any airshows here in this area until August!

why would they be here and why the blue camo

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I certainly HOPE it wasn't that one, because that would mean that Iran has successfully invaded Gary International, and who knows WHAT they're up to.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
LOL Man im telling you there were 2 of those at Gary this morning with Blue on Blue Camo white nosecones and, NO TAIL IDENTIFICATION OR FLAG AT ALL.

Just sitting on the tarmac, they looked larger than most fighters like inbetween a f-15 and a B1b in size.

What are teh length spec on these Iranian Jets, and where are they made.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well then they DEFINITELY aren't them, because they're based on the F-5 which is tiny. It's like 3/4ths the size of an F-15. I still think they were Flankers heading to either an exercise or an air show. Probably an air show.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yeah Im fairly certain they were larger than most, so who knows. Guess Ill let it go

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Jesus Christ they could be using them up for a false flag operation.

go back and get some pictures if you can.

I seriously doubt it tho.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well at least if anything does happen with "Iranian Jets" then this will help with making the false flag opp OBVIOUS lol

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I just posted a story on German torpedoes joining the NATO effort and found this pic of one with blue camo. It doesn't have the v tail, but I didn't know if any NATO planes might go to that area to be fitted with certain weapons prior to deployment of NATO missions.

Just posting FYI

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

I just posted a story on German torpedoes joining the NATO effort and found this pic of one with blue camo. It doesn't have the v tail, but I didn't know if any NATO planes might go to that area to be fitted with certain weapons prior to deployment of NATO missions.

Just posting FYI

Thanks for the post, Deff not those. The V tail was VERY CLEAR and at first i was like WTF f-22??? BUt i know what a f22 looks like and these looked very similar to that Iranian Jet from above the one with the V tail almost 90% certain that thats what is was

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well I was kidding when I posted it because I remembered the pic from way back and the F5 IS the basis/forrunner to the F18 but....

The F5 was a staple for the USAF as "aggressor" aircraft in flight training, so its possible that you saw one or two, maybe retrofitted to appear like its Iranian Counterpart?

I'm still plumping for the Flankers though.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
That would be a pretty significant modification that would require almost total rebuilding of the F-5s, which IIRC are no longer flown by the US military. It would be easier to just use something that maneuvers similar to what they think this one would.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
And here we go

"Aggressor" F-5E

All painted up as they used to be for the "Top Gun" exercises

And I take on board Zaphods comments, but its possible they were mock ups used for target ID from height?

[edit on 2/0407/07 by neformore]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join