It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious ‘Tracks’ On Mars And The Moon!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPonly a camera or transmission problem.

Hmmm well one thing is certain... its a step up...

You didn't say it was rocks this time...

You know, when Matt works out the bugs on that ship, we'll swing by and take you along

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by VType
More great imagery and more proof that all our scientists and Nasa cant explain it either.
Im still laughing at how plasm light discharges(bright spots in images) from obvious structures on the moon is still considered natural and not worth(by the science community) further and rigourous study.

VType, I'll wager my Mexican hat that these NASA dudes know exactly what the hell's going on, on the Moon, Mars, Saturn and its moons etc. So what they're dishing out is crap that we're supposed to swallow! Some of their explanations are utterly laughable!

And have you noticed that none of the future programs have the Rovers landing anywhere near these anomalies. Why? Elementary Dr Watson!!

Originally posted by Zorgon:
You know, when Matt works out the bugs on that ship, we'll swing by and take you along!

Darn! I've been moving mountains trying to get a ticket to ride! Why don't Matt or John do something about it? Hell man, I'm even willing to do the blooming housekeeping on board the Moon Shuttle!!
So what's the hassle?
Hey Ron, why the devil can't you use your influence to pull this off?

[edit on 8-5-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesinghSo what's the hassle?

About 30 million right now...

Hey Ron, why the devil can't you use your influence to pull this off?

Working on it... Maybe I don't have the right political connections yet... I did get an invite to a political lunch with Bush and his wife a few weeks ago... I probably should have gone... even though I am not exactly a supporter

You know it occurs to me that with all these people on ATS claiming they have contact with ET's surely we should be able to get ONE of them to put in a word for us and hitch a short ride... seems a reasonable request, don't you think?

[edit on 8-5-2007 by zorgon]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sorry, but ArMaP's spot on. You can see the edge of one tile cuting the tracks/scan-lines off.

[edit on 8-5-2007 by Karilla]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
OK, I've tagged along... I'm with Mike and Zorgon on this one in that the tracks were not caused by rolling rocks.

Wouldn't the rocks have to be remarkably symmetrical in their size and erosion to create these tracks if they are unrelated, individual roll tracks?

Shouldn't rolling rocks be more succeptable to topo perturbations in a lower gravity, making it unlikely for the parallel track feature to persist over distance from two (magically symetrically eroded and sized) rolling boulders?

What are the odds of these rocks being knocked free at similar times? Wouldn't any local disturbance knock free more debris/rocks creating an upstream debris field or smaller radiating debris tracks? (perhaps reaching the limits of resolution but a debris conglomerate should be visable).

... but hey, I'm a Biologist, not a Geologist
I'd love to brief my Geologist buddy on this stuff, but he'd dismiss it out of hand (read dogma).

I read thru the whole post but didn't see anyone posting slope angle for this terrain yet, sorry if I missed it

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The following Apollo Astronaut conversations were mostly taken from the out-of-print book "Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon" by Don Wilson (Dell, 1975):

Apollo 15: David Scott, Alfred Worden, James Irwin; went to the Appenine Mountains of the Moon, July 26 - Aug. 7, 1971. Conversation about discovering strange "tracks":

Scott: Arrowhead really runs east to west.

Mission Control: Roger, we copy.

Irwin: Tracks here as we go down slope.

MC: Just follow the tracks, huh?

Irwin: Right we're (garble). We know that's a fairly good run. We're bearing 320, hitting range for 413 ... I can't get over those lineations, that layering on Mt. Hadley.

Scott: I can't either. That's really spectacular.

Irwin: They sure look beautiful.

Scott: Talk about organization!

Irwin: That's the most *organized structure I've ever seen*!

Scott: It's (garble) so uniform in width.

Irwin: Nothing we've seen before this has shown such uniform thickness from the top of the tracks to the bottom.

Wilson writes: (p. 145): "What are these tracks? Who made them? Where did they come from? Does NASA have an answer for the people?"

Cheers!

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
When did that supposed conversation took place?

On orbit before landing (or should I say mooning
), when they were on the surface of the Moon or after they took off from the Moon?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It is certainly a waste of resources to get something so tiny onto Mars. I mean tiny in comparison to when it lifted off. The debris is left behind in space.

There are renewable fuels and materials that no doubt the governments know about that would require less waste for us to send our ufos to other planets. It is not enough for us to pollute our world, but now we have to pollute space as well.

I have always said that there is life on Mars and that it is living underground, not above ground like we do here and that the water is subterranean water and an intelligence could be making use of the resources underground rather than above ground due to the extreme temperatures.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
When did that supposed conversation took place?

On orbit before landing (or should I say mooning
), when they were on the surface of the Moon or after they took off from the Moon?

When they were on the surface of the moon! I have an audio track of that. I have to find it...

There is a lot of the old transmittions that were published in old books and magazine articles that I have been actively tracking down (gets expensive) but that have "disappeared'(or were never there) from the web, like the pages from the original Apollo 11 transcript log when Aldrin and Armstrong are talking about the glowing Aristarchus crater and mention the OTHER glow just around the limb., hoping the cameras caught it.

ArMaP, as long as all you search through is currently posted NASA publicity you will never get to the truth

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
It is certainly a waste of resources to get something so tiny onto Mars. I mean tiny in comparison to when it lifted off. The debris is left behind in space.

And on Mars the Moon and various other bodies in the solar system. Some of those spaceship carry 50 to 80 lbs of plutonium as fuel... so not only are we poluting, but contaminating as well..

Just imagine if their ARE some microbes around on Mars etc... I wonder what kind of mutations we will create by smashing a;most a 100 lbs of plutonium on them...

Space debris is already a major hazard in local space... don't forget that that stuff is moving at 17,000 plus miles per hour just waiting to punch holes in unsuspecting space craft.

As to waste of resources, thats what the government excels at....

the CASE FOR THE $435 HAMMER

"You want how much for a beer?!' asks the patron of a bar in the cartoon strip "Motley's Crew.'

"Four bucks,' the bartender replies.

Says the patron: "That must be the same outfit that sells hammers to the Pentagon.'

Claw hammers, to be exact. The kind you buyat your local hardware store for between $7 and $10; billed to the Pentagon for $435 a piece. In the three years since the story broke, the $435 hammer has become synonymous with waste in the Department of Defense (DOD). From Beetle Bailey to Walter Mondale, everyone has expressed outrage at this apparent swindle. The hammer contract has been investigated by Congress, discussed during the 1984 presidential debates, and used as Exhibit A by politicians, journalists, and businessmen in their recent calls for military reform.

Hey is ONLY tax payers money

I have always said that there is life on Mars and that it is living underground, not above ground like we do here and that the water is subterranean water and an intelligence could be making use of the resources underground rather than above ground due to the extreme temperatures.

Good thing for us they can't mount an invasion and toss our trash back at us...

Now here is some other really scary news... We all assume that we take great care on making sure spaceships are sterile... well errr no actually ... we don't... besides if humans are on board there is no way to sterilize a spaceship without killing the occupants... and humans are infested with all kinds of vermin and bacteria, even the most healthiest amongst us...

Here is that scary report.... from NASA... so just how many "bugs" have hitched a ride to the Moon and Mars in all those space junk we leave behind?

Fungus Growth...

Mold on the walls of some old locker room on Earth? Nope this beautiful picture is on the International Space Station, on the wall where they hang their exercise outfits to dry..

Fungi on the ISS, growing on a panel where exercise clothes were hung to dry. "This is a good example of how biological contamination isn't an old problem or just specific to Mir," points out Mark Ott. [Larger image]

Aside from being unattractive or an issue for human health, microorganisms can attack the structure of a spacecraft itself. "Microorganisms can degrade carbon steel and even stainless steel,” Steele continued. "In corners where two different materials meet, they can set up a galvanic [electrical] circuit and cause corrosion. They can produce acids that pit metal, etch glass, and make rubber brittle. They can also foul air and water filters."...

This dust mite was found floating in a globule of water onboard Mir. Other microorganisms collected include protozoa and amoeba. [More]

Moreover, the mass of water was only one of several hiding behind different panels. Scientists later concluded that the water had condensed from humidity that accumulated over time as water droplets coalesced in microgravity. The pattern of air currents in Mir carried air moisture preferentially behind the panel, where it could not readily escape or evaporate.

Nor was the water clean: two samples were brownish and a third was cloudy white. Behind the panels the temperature was toasty warm—82ºF (28ºC)—just right for growing all kinds of microbeasties. Indeed, samples extracted from the globules by syringes and returned to Earth for analysis contained several dozen species of bacteria and fungi, plus some protozoa, dust mites, and possibly spirochetes.

But wait, there's more. Aboard Mir, colonies of organisms were also found growing on "the rubber gaskets around windows, on the components of space suits, cable insulations and tubing, on the insulation of copper wires, and on communications devices," said Andrew Steele, senior staff scientist at the Carnegie Institution of Washington working with other investigators at Marshall Space Flight Center....

SOURCE

Also even scarier...it seems Astronauts are all infected with a nanobacteria
of unknown origin...

NASA researchers announce a potential cause of rapid kidney stone formation in astronauts on space travels. The authors of a study published in Kidney International call for a "Major Initiative" to investigate nanobacteria.
Nanobacteria (NB), a novel self-replicating, mineralizing agent, has been identified by National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) scientists as a potential culprit in kidney stone formation among astronauts. With the potential for future exploratory space missions to the moon and Mars, longer missions, and exposure to the elements of outer space, health is a major concern for astronauts.

SOURCE

[edit on 13-5-2007 by zorgon]

[edit on 13-5-2007 by zorgon]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hell's bells! Imagine moons/planets polluted by human bacteria! This would result in:

1. The bacteria being obliterated due to the 'harsh' or different conditions.

2. Adapt to the environmental conditions and continue multiplying.
Or, hold your breath.....

3. Mutating / morphing into creatures one finds in C grade horror flicks!!

Eeeeek! I'm outta here!!

Cheers!

[edit on 14-5-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by twistingtree

Ah yes the Martian "Tubes"

Unfortunately that isn't a real smoking gun

Artist's Concept....

The "tube" with the shiny section... most often shown

This one goes in and out of the ground...

Here is a close up of another one...

This is a Crinoid on Earth....

This is a gully on Earth with Sand Dunes...

This one is on Mars...

Martian Tubes Part 1

Martian Tubes Part 2

The Strange Sand Dunes of Barsoom

[edit on 14-5-2007 by zorgon]

[edit on 14-5-2007 by zorgon]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Linear “Pits“!? // Candor Chasma Wallrock: long strait line!? Chain!? Huge caterpillar ( like one on MOON)!? Or just another rolling stone

AND WHY DIAGONAL?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird
Linear “Pits“!?

You know... now that I look at it closely... sorta reminds me of Morse Code long dashes short dots separated by spaces..

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Linear “Pits“!?

You know... now that I look at it closely... sorta reminds me of Morse Code long dashes short dots separated by spaces..

Heck! You're darn right!! That pic of dots and li'l dashes is amazing! Wonder where blue bird got that from!!
Some sorta code?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Here Mike:

HIRSE // candor chasma wallrock

*middle photo at the top - enlarge

[edit on 15-5-2007 by blue bird]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
* and Phobos !?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

* and Phobos !?

Thanks for the link blue bird! Looking at it with a tooth-comb, one can clearly make out the very similar triple indentations right along that 'chain'. Mysterious, to say the least!

And yeah the striations on Phobos always intrigued me! I wish someone could hazard a guess as to how the heck they were formed!

Cheers!

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This “Swiss Cheese“ (( south polar cap )) - I found pretty strange!?

* from MSSS // original image)

* colored for contrast
img521.imageshack.us...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join