It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any tips for beginner driver?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
ive just returned from my first theory lesson....have to go 5 more times and the fun driving starts

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
i dont know old or not so old

the problem is im kinda good guy....dont like to insult people or get into fights...to act overmacho or sometin....but thats when i dont lay off m anger sometimes my brain snaps and i may go on the news for killing a man with a toilet brush

after i get my car i just want to drive nice without some fools insulting me on the road just couse they have #ed up lives and think there something better....i maybe think like a kid but atleast some metal stick....when i join the army they will give me a real pistol^^
no matter how u think of it....i dont want my car stolen by 2-3 idiots who think they can play GTA on me

A cars not worth your life is it? Lose your life and you'll lose every car you'll ever own. I was driving with someone once and we were idling at a light in the turning lane, left, behind one other car. The oncoming lane was blind. The driver lost patience, even thought the light was still red, pulled around the left side of the forward vehicle into the turning lane. We were almost grazed by an oncoming car. Maybe the difference of a millimeter.

One moment of a brain snap risked the lives of the passengers of two vehicles. Never drove with him again. Be the smart guy and let someone else be the azzhole. Driving contributes to bad humor. Everyone is in a hurry, but a person isn't physically moving in their car, so the brain thinks it's not going anywhere. Shaving 30 seconds off your trip isn't going to help you much if it's at the expense of your peace of mind.

Army is good for discipline, it's not an easy way to get it. Drill sergeants can be brutal, from what I hear, and it will be good practice to not react to insults.

There's really only two ways of being. One is to choose what action you put forth in the world of your own free will, and the other is to constantly be in a state of reaction to the influences around you.

In a car, it's really important that you're choosing and not reacting, because you already have a deadly weapon on the road without a pistol.

Keep your head and you'll be a good driver and a good soldier.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
thx man well i personaly that the army will straighten me up a bit,im a good guy its just that im too sensitive or i dont know what....so gotta shake in out a bit...
if i dont lay some steam soon and stop thinking about everything so much ima explode
thats not why im joining but still good
and now that im thinking i dont think ill ever go out with some friend driving his car...i cant fully trust even my self....how can i trust some friend that took his license the other day
well i gotta go to the theory today again....i got a book from the instructor so i can read in home too

[edit on 3/4/07 by Unisol]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hit the gas and hold your weel tight. Try focusing on the tree ahead of u because if u try real hard you can send signals down to you hand to actually trun the weel away from the tree.jk
peace

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
geee....thx
but u know only girls drive like that
hehe
u know what happend yesterday?
i was setting in theory class to listen about car stuff...when suddenly
from the upper floor i hear bass...chammilionaire - ridin dirty
the instructor was mad
"damned retards listening to loud music"
it was actualy so cool to listen to that loud hip hop coming from the upper floor meanwhile the instructor is talkin about road signs haha cool

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oblate Spheroid
and move your head about a lot as if your checking your mirrors.

Err... wouldn't it be better to ACTUALLY check your mirrors?

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
When I first learned how to drive. My friend took me to an empty parking lot during the rain. I learned how to pitch it sideways and recover in the slippery conditions. It was very fun spinning out so many times, but it was even funner when I started to be able to manipulate the car to recover.

Twenty years later I still believe that lesson has helped me prevent from getting in many accidents.

And remember to avoid a car to car colision at all cost. Take out a fence before you hit another car. The fence is cheaper to have repaired!

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
haha thx i also want to learn to manipulate the car perfectly so i can recover from every situation

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ha, thanx. I guess girls only do drive like that becuase if i am helping my grama drive around town, i almost die. I am not even kidding. On time, we were... i do not remember. But we pulle dout of the street and she got on the wrong side of the median. DUNMB ASS1 i luv her but god! Anyway, good music. funny
peace

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
haahah when i was with my uncle driving in the polygon there was this girl learning to drive with her boyfriend...so im with a old lada combi that is HUGE MUSCLE...its a huge and unstable for driving car....hard to steer all that.....and the girl is with a small vw golf...
so im doing the zig-zags everytime perfect with the flags and all...and im with a huge car...the girl totaled all the flags haha^^
we laughted so much^^

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

greeeat a car forum

im starting the driving lessong monday,and i alrready goed with my uncle a couple a times to drive at some empty field.gotta say either i learn fast or is hell yesy and fun

but i drive like a racer so any tips for me guiz?
i wanna drive professionaly so i dont need to buy new tires and brakes every month

well first you have to goto a track or write to some sponsors to get noticed

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

i wanna drive professionaly so i dont need to buy new tires and brakes every month

ok, some genuine tips..

To preserve the car and drive safely, you must aim for smoothness. This means planning everything well ahead. This means mean ovservant and takin everything in that is going on around you, ahead of you, and behind you.

Smooth drivin means no un-neccessary control input. no extra braking, accelleration changes, steering adjustments, gear changes etc.. each hazard should be negotiated with no more than one smooth progressive input or gear change.. IF you had to brake twice, you should have slowed down more the first time. If you had to adjust the steering in two disticnt moves, you probably had the wrong line to start with... if you had to change gear twice, you chose the wrong gear the fist time..etc..etc..

Approach the hazard/corner/overtake etc slowing down in good time so you have time to get into the correct gear to go, or stop, as neccessary, and get back on the gas smoothly and progressively.. no sudden movements... no sharp braking..

Over time you'll find it becomes more instinctive, and you'll start to "flow" through traffic at quite a pace while your nevous mother in-law doesn't even notice, the ride is so smooth... that's the additional benefit of smothness and good planning. It allows you to go quite a bit quicker!

The best thing you can do, is some advanced driver training. Places like www.advanceddrivers.com... and www.drivetrainusa.com... in the US, or www.cadence.co.uk... and www.john-lyon.co.uk... in the UK offer this sort of thing, and though it may seem expensive, upgrading the "nut behind the wheel" is jsut about the best value performance upgrade you can do. you could also get in touch with your local police department and find out if there are any ex police driving instructors in your state offering tuition..EDIT : scrub that.. I've seen those videos of US police chases.. US cops drive terribly! stick to the proper schools as linked!

Proper training makes driving a lot safer, and more exilerating when you are able to place the car and balance it perfectly through every corner. well worth every penny.

but it all start with observation, and planning ahead.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by nowthenlookhere]

[edit on 17-4-2007 by nowthenlookhere]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Take your time, drive defensively and follow the laws.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
tip. dont be a ricer. actually do stuff to the engine and make the car fast. dont get a civic and put a scoop, hood, body kits, a wing, and an exhaust tip and leave the engine stock...oh and dont kill anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join