It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any tips for beginner driver?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
greeeat a car forum

im starting the driving lessong monday,and i alrready goed with my uncle a couple a times to drive at some empty field.gotta say either i learn fast or is hell yesy and fun

but i drive like a racer so any tips for me guiz?
i wanna drive professionaly so i dont need to buy new tires and brakes every month

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Well, I have driven for 19 years and have driven professionally as well as a truck driver. It almost sounds like you are asking for advice on driving as a race car driver, but I could be mistaken.

The very best advice I can give you in driving is to always remain calm and not become cocky. Never think of driving and cars as a status symbol while you are driving. The public road is not a place to be a hot dog or show your stuff and it certainly is not Grand Theft Auto. Do not for a moment think that driving is like a video game, for your car is not made of pixels and neither are the bodies of the yourself and other drivers, mistakes on the road can kill you or worse - make you a vegetable the rest of your life.

Practically, the best advice I can give you is to always drive the same speed as everyone else and never follow too close to the vehicle in front of you. Always make sure you signal your intentions of turning and changing lanes and always drive defensively.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
thx i know this is the right thing to do and im a try to drive smooth and safe but still hard to get rid of that racing ich

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
thx i know this is the right thing to do and im a try to drive smooth and safe but still hard to get rid of that racing ich

I was the same way when I started driving. I grew up around muscle cars and my first car was an amazingly fast camaro, so I know where you're coming from......BUT you need to remember that every time you go on the road, you are taking the lives of yourself and all of the pedestrians and motorists that you are sharing the road with in your hands. There's a lot of responsibility when it comes to driving. If you really get that racing itch however, there are TONS of clubs and programs where you can become certified and race all day and night long on a strip or circle track with proper training. It's a whole lot of fun, you get to meet people who love the same thing you do, it's LEGAL, and relatively inexpensive. It's something to look into.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
well here in bulgaria the only muscles are like.....LADA

good news is i can get a cheap car right i finish the driving lessons but i cant get nothin expensive something cheap like a lada

but really its a muscle for me :d www.kaaben.dk...
its top speed is 150km btw

but still its a car,better then takin a bus with the pedestrians): and for me it looks nice since ima keep her clean and perfect lookin.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Learn to drive a manual transmission.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Learn to drive a manual transmission.

Thats a really important tip.
I learned on an old Willys jeep, when I was about 12, on a really long country road. I keeps your choices wide open when choosing a car later.
It also really helps with coordination, and makes an automatic seem VERY EASY.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I learned on a manual as well. I remember getting the shifting down pretty good and then having to take off from a steep grade at a stop sign......and of course someone pulls up right behind you to get your heart racing in your hope that you don't roll back too much and smash their bumper! Good times...

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Don't drink and drive and pay attention to other drivers,there are some real nuts on the road nowdays!Good luck man!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
thank you guiz
almost all cars here are manual transmision
it was alot of tricky the first time but now its a piece of cake even more fun them auto...and yea those bastards i was gonna get squashed one day couse of some fool that didnt stop.the car passed like 1 santimeter next to me and i just thank the force that stoped me on the sec and pulled me back(: strange but in a good way^^
i dont drink/smoke/drugs so shouldnt be problem
so what about maitanence?what parts should i change the most?

[edit on 31/3/07 by Unisol]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Oil change every 6 months or 3000 miles,whichever comes 1st.And tune-up.every 6 months.Keep an eye on your tire tread.

i dont drink/smoke/drugs so shouldnt be problem
Awesome,not too many guys your age who can say that!

[edit on 1-4-2007 by crowpruitt]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
yea i know i maybe drink a very little when i got to some party but not other then that i dont like this stuff and for better...think of all the money spend on cigarets

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Relax, read the road ahead, the smaller the gap the lower the gear, and move your head about a lot as if your checking your mirrors.

I failed my first 4 tests because I wasn´t relaxed.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
thank you for the tips.
so in the summer i just turn 18 so ill get some job for a 2-3 months to get some cash to invest in my car
it will probably be around 400$
for this cash i can get some nice stuff like
4 wheels + 4 rims NEW or
steering wheel,shifting knob,neons,maybe some rooftops,a spoler

maybe some engine components a custom muffler or xenon lights?
so with this cash i can probably get 2,3 from this stuff any advice what should i buy with the hard worked cash

i think i should get some engine stuff for more power and something for the car to look more deecend and new

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Driving is like pool, a certain blood alcohol level is best, too much and it's sloppy, too little and the games off. Best to do it unlicensed, that way any accidents are completely untraceable to you. Watch the fast and the furious for hints and pointers on how to maintain the best possible street image among teenagers. Make sure to change the charcoal in the filter regularly, Ichthyophthirius, or ich as it's commonly known among tropical fish, can be fatal. (I can't spell either.) Go slow in the fast lane and fast in the slow one. Always carry a gun in your car, only one way to deal with road rage. Pedestrians should know better than play chicken with a speeding 2000 pound vehicle, be sure to speed up when they're jaywalking so that "Better alive than right" finally makes the yield sign obsolete. And remember the inside of your car is more toxic than the outside, with all those carcinogenic fumes that smell so good, leave the windows wide open and encourage passengers to hang their heads out of them.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
hehe cool but i gotta tell for real i need a gun or pistol...i dont want some old folk on the back with his car starting insulting me couse im driving slow and start to try to beat me up or sometin....or worse someone to try to stole my car infront of me.....not so tough with a pistol in ur mouth ay pal?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I got a few tips for you bud, don't hit anyone! You dont want a ticket at a young age! insurance will go up like crazy! Dont speed and keep both hands on the wheels. My last tip is be a defensive driver! oh and dont drink and drive

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
hehe cool but i gotta tell for real i need a gun or pistol...i dont want some old folk on the back with his car starting insulting me couse im driving slow and start to try to beat me up or sometin....or worse someone to try to stole my car infront of me.....not so tough with a pistol in ur mouth ay pal?

Yes the old ones are the worse, how do you think they lasted so long, wiley, cunning old geezers - keep an eye on them.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
i dont know old or not so old

the problem is im kinda good guy....dont like to insult people or get into fights...to act overmacho or sometin....but thats when i dont lay off m anger sometimes my brain snaps and i may go on the news for killing a man with a toilet brush

after i get my car i just want to drive nice without some fools insulting me on the road just couse they have #ed up lives and think there something better....i maybe think like a kid but atleast some metal stick....when i join the army they will give me a real pistol^^
no matter how u think of it....i dont want my car stolen by 2-3 idiots who think they can play GTA on me

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I guess the best thing I can think of to say is to avoid following people to closely. Especially when its raining and the roads are wet. Sometimes traffic can come to a dead stop in a heartbeat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join