It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-year-olds attack, beat homeless man

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Intrepid, the 92 Civic?

I need more power than that.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You were taught that. You didn't just "know" it. Somewhere down the line, a parent or guardian instilled into you that it was wrong to do that. That is a benefit that many children do not have.

that was a bit of a wise-allecky sarcastic comment i made.

the parents should have taught them that this was wrong
hell, society in general should have taught them that was wrong
but mainly the parents

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You shouldn't have to teach a kid that it's wrong to beat up on someone. That should be common sense. You cannot teach someone to have a conscience.

If I treated other people the way I was treated growing up I'd be beating people to near point of death at my whim and other stuff too. But I had a conscience and grew up knowing that you weren't supposed to treat people that way. I never had anyone trying to teach me right from wrong. I was presumed to be evil by everyone from a very young age. I was always in the way and called a trouble maker just for existing. I spent my childhood lonely and hoping to make someone love me. I taught myself most of what I know because no one ever wanted to be bothered with me. My kindergarden teach taught me my ABC's and I was taught basic CPR/first aid when I was 12 via a babysitting class at the Redcross. I was labeled retarded when I was a small child because of my deformities and basically learned how to read, etc on my own because gee, I guess I wasn't that dumb afterall.

If someone like me can grow up to love and be concerned for others then other kids could too if they were born with it. If someone doesn't learn to care about others by the time they are 5 or 6, there's something wrong.

Parental involvement is probably somewhat of a factor. Most kids aren't being raised by parents really anyway. They are being raised by the government. They get up in the morning, go to school where they are indoctorinated by the governmental philosophies of there not being a right or wrong, etc. The come home from school or go to daycare while their parents are still working. The kids go to bed and do the same thing the next day. The kids that treat other kids humanely are quite rare. A person's value is based upon a monetary value. The more money the parents have the more valued the children. The poor, homeless, and disabled have little if any value. I am poor and disabled, and I have been homeless, so I know how my kind are treated.

People who do things like attack homeless people will never care about other people as people. Other people are just objects to them.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am sickened when I hear about young out of control people being cruel to others for the heck of it.

They know what they do is wrong. They have no conscience, no morals. They often show no remorse.

One must ask is this due to upbringing? society's influences? or do these people have something missing in their brain? Is it chemicals in the food and drink?

These are the 'terrorists' that will prey on all of us as we become older and no longer have the physical strength to defend ourselves.

These immoral vermin were an underclass but I fear they will eventually be a dominant part of our society.

A Clockwork Orange ring a bell ?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod
There has been many a hard man who thought he would teech these kids/lager louts a lesson who now rests 6ft under.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by triplesod]

I think I can take care of myself and would not have a hard time living in the UK. I do know how to defend myself.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
You shouldn't have to teach a kid that it's wrong to beat up on someone. That should be common sense. You cannot teach someone to have a conscience.

MAYBE not. However, you can teach kids that there are consequences to their actions and I mean by doing something other than giving a "time out" or grounding them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join