It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-year-olds attack, beat homeless man

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Maybe these kids saw Surviving the Game. Sorta makes the homeless look like less than human.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Maybe these kids saw Surviving the Game. Sorta makes the homeless look like less than human.

Intrepid, at some point and time someone has to take responsibility!! We can't just keep blaming everything under the sun for this crap. Where are the parents to tell them that such things that you mentioned are just movies and for entertainment? Where are they?

[edit on 30-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Dude, that movie was Awesome!!!

Ice-T whooped ass with his big ass locks. Man, I've got to get that movie.

This is in no way meant to draw attention away from this thread, but I posted a thread about this phenomenon a little while back.
'Sport Killings' of homeless on the rise

Although movies may have something to do with it, I doubt it's the fictional stories that do it. The same way that 'Jackass' had kids riding down hills into traffic in shopping carts Bum Fights has kids thinking of the homeless as playthings, and toys to be beat on. It's a sadistic world we live in, and the best we've got is to teach our children well. Their father's hell did slowly go by.....and so on.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
If any kids like that tried that on me I would put the little bastards in the hospital. I have been hearing more and more about young punk Brit teenagers doing this sort of thing as well. Lets just say its a good thing I don't live over in the UK. The kid would be sorry he crossed me. Would never even lay a finger on anyone anymore thats for damn sure!!!

If that happened in my neighborhood, I would personally go undercover looking for those little punks and boy would they be surprised when this "crippled old man" kicked their asses.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
It's a sadistic world we live in, and the best we've got is to teach our children well.

That's very true. The problem is that parents aren't teaching their kids anymore. They are basically letting their children do what ever they want to, and you be damned if you say anything to them about it. The first thing that comes out of their mouth is, "What, you're trying to tell me how to raise my kids? You don't even have any kids." or "You need to worry about how you're raising your own." No one ever stops,opens their eyes, and listens anymore.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Where are the parents to tell them that such things that you mentioned are just movies and for entertainment? Where are they?

Unfortunately some of the parents are afraid to punish their kids today, but man not at my house. If my son ever thought in his mind to do something like that to someone, my husband would make him the sorriest little son of a gun that ever lived, and then I’d be in line right behind him with a broomstick!!

Punishments don’t have to be harsh they just need to be enforced! If a kid grows up knowing he/she will be punished for something bad…it’s a deterrent.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31

Unfortunately some of the parents are afraid to punish their kids today, but man not at my house. If my son ever thought in his mind to do something like that to someone, my husband would make him the sorriest little son of a gun that ever lived, and then I’d be in line right behind him with a broomstick!!

Jen,I don't mean to be harsh, but good!! I don't advocate beating a child, but a good spanking never hurt anyone. I didn't get many growing up, but the ones that I did get, I didn't forget and it made me think about the consequences of things that I was going to do.

This is something that is severely lacking in our youth today. I applaud both you and your husband for actually being parents.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I applaud both you and your husband for actually being parents.

Thank you

Including some discipline in your parenting skills…let me tell you, it works! I’ll be damned if I’m going to let some kid rule my household…. No, it doesn’t work that way, and the adults are the bosses at my house! My youngest will be 17 in May, and both of my kids actually have voiced their appreciation for having been disciplined for doing wrong. It’s made them better people.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
its not only the parent,if the son is a *** by gen beat him all he wants he will change hard
my parents are very nice to me and im still a good person even some times get to stop my self from makin #(:
if i personaly get my hands on those 10 year old **** ima light them like neon

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
(Reply to thread starter)

Yeah. It happens in the UK quite frequently.

The worst "trend" that has been noticed over the last few years is kids attacking the Paramedics and Fire Service. They will often set a building on fire to get the Fire men out and then attack them, brick them, whatever.

Fire engines all have to have security cameras on board now.

In the town I live in a few months back, some thug kids attacked a ambulance while there was a man dying of heart attack inside.

Absolutely sick kids we are breading now but they will have their own one day and then think what state we'll be in!!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I like you,

You're in there Fox

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Society and the times are to blame imo.

Where are the parents to tell them that such things that you mentioned are just movies and for entertainment? Where are they?

I don't know, maybe working 4-5 jobs between the two parents IF there are 2 parents. Maybe they are relying on an older sibling to be taking care of the younger ones.

That being said, the law is very hard on hitting kids. A couple of years ago my youngest(9 at the time) was about run out into the street in front of a car. My wife went to grab her coat and got her hair instead. The next day she was rubbing her head in school and the teacher asked what was wrong. My daughter said that her mother pulled her hair. Guess who got a visit from child services? And this was innocent.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Brit teenagers doing this sort of thing as well. Lets just say its a good thing I don't live over in the UK.

You're right cause you would end up dead! I'm not trying to be provocative or trying to be smart, I'm really not but I do see this attitude from Americans a lot about this subject.

Tell me, what would you do? You can't carry guns here, the only ones who do are gangsters. You aren't Superman (I presume, I could be wrong), these kids aren't spoilt little brats or "little punk Brits", they are touch, scumbags who hang around in gangs and honestly wouldn't think twice about sticking a knife under your ribs and stamping on your head when you are on the ground. You hear about these stories every day, I have seen it often enough!!

Britain has the worst crime in the developed world, including violent crime, it is much worse than America, (granted the US has a massively higher murder rate). This isn't the England you may know from movies like MAry Poppins, it really isn't and it never has been but I see American after American truley believing it is and that all Brits speak like Lord Faharquaer or your stereotypical "cheeky cockney chappie".

No, if you were here you would see it yourself first hand, probably the night you arrived and you would realise that there is nothing you could do except make it worse.

Saying that though. I hear about your Crips and Bloods. Let them try that shooting #e on me! See how far it gets them!!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
In the 70's and 80's kid gangs ruled bigger cities like New York City. The crime rates were through the roof and kids would beat up and rape just about anyone. And apparently they were cool looking jackets. Ever see a movie called "The Warriors?"
Seriously it has always been happening in some form. Chances are you are unaware of it when you are little and living in a good environment away from the problems of gangs. Ask anyone who has lived in an inner city in the past 50 years though.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by zerotime]

Exactly! I wanted to say this but got sidetracked.
Crime in the US is a lot lower than it was in the 70's, 80s and 90's. You have done a great job with that.

It is true that kids always seem worse than we were that age but it just isn't true. When we were that age we weren't particularly interested in the crimes of those we didn't know and the media wasn't as in your face and running 24/7 then.

An eliment of humanity has always been bad and this will never leave us.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I was sitting at a local cafe today, eavesdropping while reading a book, and I overheard a rather frightening conversation between two off work businessmen...

The conversation went something to the effect of "well, with the way things are going right now, you have to take out the weak first. Once their out of the way, go for the ignorant - and then take out the stronger ones."

They were talking about culling the population in America.

I thought this odd, because the book I was reading at the time was an oral history of Germans and the Jews during Nazi Germany - how so many of them had no idea what was really happening at the time in regards to the concentration camps and so forth - and the way they describe the times, I couldn't help but see parallels in todays world.

So many of us with smart ideas and a rightful insight into history and human rights abuses are very vocal on the internet, but we're also at home and removed from the real events of the outside world most of the time.

Seeing articles about attacks on the homeless by renegade youths just bring to mind the Hitler Youth for me....a lack of parenting, poor education and too much time with violent movies, television and video games that further reinforce the concept that some people are essentially inferior to one another.

So the question remains - how can we get our voices heard en masse enough to affect change in the system?

Any ideas?

*edit for spelling

[edit on 30-3-2007 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
just remember the way things are is the way the things are meant to be for who ever rules this society. remember not everyone thinks with morals and they often look at a much bigger picture. just look at what usa is doing in iraq, and elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
They were talking about culling the population in America.

I thought this odd, because the book I was reading at the time was an oral history of Germans and the Jews during Nazi Germany - how so many of them had no idea what was really happening at the time in regards to the concentration camps and so forth -

I read a book about a year ago, and it was one of those Books that make you wonder if the Author isn’t trying to tell you something under the disguise of fictional book. In this book the youth gangs were used to control the people (American setting.) And now here you mention how obscure the function of the concentration camps were to the people early on in Germany. Look at all the theories there are about these kind of camps in America…its all kind of creepy.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

My daughter said that her mother pulled her hair. Guess who got a visit from child services? And this was innocent.

And that's why I said that parents are afraid to punish their kids today! Once my son was joking with his dad and said “I’ll call the authorities on you” and his dad said…”Go right ahead, but make damn sure you call an ambulance too while you’re at it, because your gonna need one when I get done with you”

I had 2 different nephews that actually did call the authorities once, and in both cases the kids were shamed by the police for being spoiled brats. It was hilarious to see them put in their place for trying to get their parents in trouble because the little brats were made to clean their room.

Our children are spoon fed at the public schools today to report anything. I think you could be right about who's to blame

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The blame lies with the little monsters almost, though not quite, exclusively. The parents hold the majority of the rest, with societies seeming tolerance for this sort of sordid behaviour in video, music, literature, etc...

We raise them to accept monstrous behaviour, why are we surprised when it happens?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Society and the times are to blame imo.

You think the parent's care? From the original source:

... no parents were in the courtroom during the boys' first appearance before a judge Wednesday.

Where were they when their 10-year-old babies were in court? They aren't holding their kids responsible, they're leaving it up to society. Yeah, I'm assuming, but I can't imagine not going to court if my 10-year-old were there for the first time.

Something's terribly wrong with these families for these kids to do this in the first place.

And there's a middle ground between beating a kid's ass and giving him a time-out. Taking away privileges works pretty well...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join