It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Moving to Televison - lets do it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I was just looking at this site:

nationalpriorities.org...

And it got me thinking that if ATS created some kind of fund we could start to screen political messages on commercial television networks in the US - imagine a small clip about the cost of the War in Iraq coming up at prime time - showing it in laymen terms like the site I mentioned above does.

I have a feeling that the majority of Americans don't really know the cost of this war - actually the ones paying the most in regards to loss of funding to health, education, etc probably make up the bulk of the electorate. They probably don't even know what it's costing them... maybe if they did the majority might get fired up and start to question the buffoons in charge.

Is ATS ready to take the next step?

Just a thought... if every member gave $1...

[edit on 27-3-2007 by sobolwolf]

CX

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I think you'll find this has already been thought about, even discussed here on ATS. I'll post a link when i find it. I'm sure i read it was actualy in the making.

CX.

CX

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Heres the one i was talking about.

Big announcement coming

CX.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I am not sure that something like this would be classed as activism, we would not need to push any agenda, apart from that of making information available to the public, information that is fact.

We could just show a simple counting of the cost at the current time of screening, nothing more just a simple counter - maybe have some others there as well showing a count of spending on health, education at the same time.

Just counters no other message - I don't really see this as activism, just raw information.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Heres the one i was talking about.

Big announcement coming

CX.

yes this is all well and good, but it won't be prime time. I feel that to really get a good viewing something would have to come up when millions of people are watching the 6 o'clock news or something like that...

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

ATS USER: khunmoon wrote:
I was trying to add the counter Cost of War to the post, but it's not possible. Takes a webpage or blog that reads __javascript and html to do that.

If you want to add the counter to your webpage go to National Priorities Project - Cost of War and you'll find no fuzz instructions to install it.

Out of curiosity I took a one minute count today. Came out like this:
$317,113,449,379>$317,113,623,271, it computes to money spend:

$173.892 one minute
$10.433.520 one hour
$250.404.480 one day
$1.752.831.360 one week

In 30 days it adds up to
$7 billion 512 million 134 hundred thousand and 400 dollars

Gotta ask, is the war really is worth that much money? Your money, the taxpayers money.

What else they could they be used for?
What they're badly needed for the website suggests.

By the times I had finished writing this the costs had risen to
total cost of war had risen to
$317,121,620,327

[edit on 24/9/06 by khunmoon]

Pretty important information that is probably not getting to the masses...

new topics

top topics

join