It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unkown satellite-like device falls into Somalia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

(SomaliNet) A baffling device which resembles a satellite or Unidentified Flying Object (U.F.O) has landed in a rural area close to Buulo-Burde town, 220km north of the Somalia capital Mogadishu, eyewitnesses told Shabelle radio on Monday.
somalinet.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Interesting, especially as George Bush Jnr mentioned Somalia recently with regards to US foreign policy & the fight against international terrorism.

More than likely it's probably a UAV, as radical Muslim groups have been reported* fighting near the town of Buulo-Burde against Ethiopian and Somalian Militia. I'm sure the USA is keeping a close eye on it.

I doubt we'll hear more of this story though, to get clarification, which is a shame.

*source: www.garoweonline.com...

[edit on 27-3-2007 by timb3r]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I remain highly sceptical until someone convinces me that "somalinet" is a reliable source.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I am not familiar with the source and I can only find 2 outlets covering this.

I wouldn't pay much attention to it at the moment.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
From the article

"Ilyas said in the daylight it glitters and but in the nighttime, it turns lights and speaks a strange language which can’t be understood by the villagers. "

Well that's one weird USA probe, if this story is true then we won't hear anymore. If it truly is something from another world then it'll be scooped up by the government and denied.

On the other hand this story could be a complete fabrication, i've simply never heard of the news source before.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
I remain highly sceptical until someone convinces me that "somalinet" is a reliable source.

It takes less than a minute of your own time to do that.

Good god, do people here want everything handed to them on a plate?

Read the webpage. It's nothing more than a regional news site. Not one single other "weird" story on there. They have their own forum where people just seem to discuss the state of their land.

somalinet.com...

You do realise that there are news sites, perfectly normal (unlike Indiadaily) outside of the mainstream media?

Deny your own ignorance first.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
timb3r

I checked all that also but i still don't know if it's a reliable source. There have been other times when sites seem resonable but actually aren't.

We will see what comes of the story, until then we will have to keep checking places we know to find more sources of it.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The part about it killing a camel made me LOL.

Sounds like a hoax, but then something like this, if real, would never be aired by the "respectable" press anyway. Too much control.

Won't hear more about this, I'm certain.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just a note that there are two sources reporting this story, but they offer the same content.

www.shabelle.net...
somalinet.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Oh man I want photos!

This could be really important!

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
maybe somebody could try to contact Radio Shabelle.
According to the article this station has talked to witnesses.

Radio Shabelle

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
How can anyone be sure of this, no pictures, no video and nothing more than a 'report'.
It comes alive at night and yet noone is interested in recording the event to video.
I remain skeptical with this one, I will keep an open mind until it either dies a death as most fakes do or it blows open the mind with a video that baffles belief.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
about that camel that 'went down'
i'd say we have a sharp villager over there...

if any govt claims the strange aircraft?
or if a forensic examination of the strange aircraft, points to it;s source
the villiager with a dead camel can make a legal claim...
possibly worth a year or more of the local income

good show!

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Things fall out of the sky all the time, maybe a satellite? reconissance jet? A toy from another country falling from a cargo plane? Alien device

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The somalinet page is now blank? I was able to read it at the other site. Very strange. Its hard to know what it is with so little info. I'd think if they are able to speak with the witnesses there would be far more details? Could be anything or nothing.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
From the article

"Ilyas said in the daylight it glitters and but in the nighttime, it turns lights and speaks a strange language which can’t be understood by the villagers. "

Huh??
Who speaks, speaks what? I am confused..

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
That is certainly strange. As far as speaking a strange language though? If its taken 5 days for this story to reach any type of mainstream news source then I think it would be fairly safe to assume that any noise or beeps coming from this thing could be interpreted as a language. The question is, do any current sattelites that are currently in orbit make any types of sound? Either way its very strange

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
No other sources have picked up on the story at this time.

I'm bumping this to (hopefully) prevent more duplicate threads.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You know somali's chew on Qat the entire day, which could explain why they hear the device speak a strange language

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hmmm, interesting - if true - I wonder what it could be... I know satellites don't make beeping or alarm sounds because they communicate usually through radio and microwave frequencies.
Anyone know of any other sources then the original? It would be more helpful!

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join