It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mason symbol in my University?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hi everyone, I'm new to ATS (but I've been reading you for some time now).

Ok, I'm Spanish and I take classes at Vic University, (UVIC, in Barcelona, Spain) and I noticed that on the hall there's a huge symbol that seems like mason to me (it's like a big compas).

I'll take some photos tomorrow and post them here to discuss, but do you know/think this is normal?

Why would be such a big mason symbol in a university?

Cheers

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Masons do use the compass as one of their symbols. I'd guess that perhaps an architect or artist working on the construction was a mason, or perhaps an influential donor had it commissioned, or maybe masons were involved in the founding of the university.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
you'll notice quite a few educational institutions/financial institutions/companies world wide for some mysterious reason have masonic symbols. by accident or on purpose.

My university for instance took it's logo from the Masonic Eagle.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This is the photo I tool this morning of the symbol. Notice the sun and the rays at the top of the compas.

I have to say that this has nothing to do with the logo of the university (well its a V, but come on...
)

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This is not an obvious masonic symbol. The artist who created may have been thinking of the sun rising over the pyramid but I don't think the masons will be invading anytime soon. If the builders of this building were of a masonic persuasion, you might find a masonic symbol in the bottom cornerstone at the Northeast corner (outside).

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
logo's like these are no accident and nor are they a coincidence. Just keep following the Eagle and the Pyramid. It's takes you quite a few places. As I said. Big companies and corporations, financial institutions, governments...it's the symbolism that gives these people away.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Follow the pyramid? .... it will most likely lead you into a wall..

Its not Masonic, not with out the other half

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
follow the symbols *SNIP*. Even you would be surprised.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I followed the symbol and found that it's exactly pointing at:

I know the most probable thing is that this is a coincidence, but I think I'ts interesting anyway.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sorry friend,

An 8 pointed star is not a Masonic symbol either.. perhaps it is another group, there are plenty of religious groups in Spain.

Typically Masonic symbolism in buildings tend to be as some one already stated on the first corner stone.. also plaques or small statues to commemorate Masonic donations.

new topics

top topics

join