It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Bite: April 6th Attack On Iran By US Forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Operation Bite: April 6th Attack On Iran By US Forces

www.total411.info

The long awaited US military attack on Iran is now on track for the first week of April, specifically for 4 AM on April 6, the Good Friday opening of Easter weekend, writes the well-known Russian journalist Andrei Uglanov in the Moscow weekly "Argumenty Nedeli." Uglanov cites Russian military experts close to the Russian General Staff for his account.

The attack is slated to last for twelve hours, according to Uglanov, lasting from 4 AM until 4 PM local time. Friday is a holiday in Iran. In the course of the attack, code named Operation Bite, about 20 targets are marked for bombing; the list includes uranium enrichment facilities, research centers, and laboratories.

The first reactor at the Bushehr nuclear plant, where Russian engineers are working, is supposed to be spared from destruction. The US attack plan reportedly calls for the Iranian air defense system to be degraded, for numerous Iranian warships to be sunk in the Persian Gulf, and the for the most important headquarters of the Iranian armed forces to be wiped out.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
fr.rian.ru
fr.rian.ru

[edit on 25/3/07 by subz]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This is the estimate of the Russian intelligence World. If I were to bet money on who would get the correct/closest timing to the inevitable attack on Iran, I would go with the Russian estimates.

The links for this story are in French.

www.total411.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25/3/07 by subz]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
an article referring to Operation Bite FYI:

OPERATION BITE More Than We Can Chew?

A recent article on the Israeli-based DebkaFile reports that a third carrier group, the USS Nimitz, is steaming out of San Diego for the Persian Gulf next week to join the John C. Stennis and Eisenhower carrier groups already in the Gulf. The possibility of a third carrier deployment was first reported in Newsweek over a month ago. If the Eisenhower does not rotate back to the States--and many have speculated that it won't--this will represent the largest U.S. naval air presence in the Gulf since the 1991 Gulf War I.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
How did the russians get this info?

When did the Nimitz leave? They haven't updated its status on globalsecurity.org yet.

Anyway, I will be interested to see if this really happens.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
#1 Most of the people don't understand why we are going to war with Iran.

Its not because of Weapons of Mass Destruction!
Its not because of Israel!
Its not because we want to spread Democracy!
Its not because we want to rule to world!
Its not because they captured UK sailors!
Its not because of Oil! USA doesn't get oil from Iran...China Does!

The REAL Reason for the War with Iran is the same reason that we went to war with IRAQ!

To Save The American Dollar!!! About 2 months ago Iran starting selling their Oil in Euros and other currencies. A few months before the Iraq attack they started selling their oil in Euros, and the first thing we did after invading was changing it back to US Dollars.

If the Nations of the World have an alternitive to the US Dollar then they won't be forced to hold US Dollar Reserves...which means they won't be forced to purchase our Treasury Debt...which will lead to Serious Liquidity Problems for the American Govt, and it would also lead to Hyper Inflation here at home as they sell their dollars for other currencies, all our those dollars will be sent back to america.

Recently China made a Huge Deal To Aquire Oil from Venezuala, the reason for this is because they know Americas plan to invade, and they have approved it, afterall they hold the largest amount of American Dollars...and anything that would hurt the dollar would also hurt China by decreasing the value of the American Debt that they own.

I know what you asking yourselves... If Both the Iraq War and the Iran War is to protect the Value of the US Dollar, then why doesn't the Govt just say thats the reason...the answer is that FEAR is a much greater motivater, and Vanity wouldn't gather the support from the Devout Christian crowd.

Does This Make Any Sense To You? Do You Understand Now?

War With Iran Is Innevitable...

Do I support the war? No

"Can't We All Just Get Along?"

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
an article referring to Operation Bite FYI:

OPERATION BITE More Than We Can Chew?

A recent article on the Israeli-based DebkaFile reports that a third carrier group, the USS Nimitz, is steaming out of San Diego for the Persian Gulf next week to join the John C. Stennis and Eisenhower carrier groups already in the Gulf. The possibility of a third carrier deployment was first reported in Newsweek over a month ago. If the Eisenhower does not rotate back to the States--and many have speculated that it won't--this will represent the largest U.S. naval air presence in the Gulf since the 1991 Gulf War I.

Nimitz is currently scheduled to leave San Diego in April 2007 on a six-month deployment in the Arabian Sea, relieving the Eisenhower.

Nimitz Deployment

It's a 5 day cruise just to get to Pearl Harbor, and I haven't been able to find a report that she's sailed yet. There's no way that she could POSSIBLY be in the Gulf in time for an April 6th attack on Iran. The Nimitz deployment is simply a routine deployment for the Battle Group.

[edit on 3/31/2007 by Zaphod58]

[edit on 3/31/2007 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Thanks for that info Zaphod.

What I really want to know is how the russians got this info and if it is credible. There are a couple of threads here discussing this date but they all relate back to the same russian info.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Deployments are the worst kept secrets in the known world. They don't ever actually come out and SAY when and where they're going, but the base rumor mill usually knows before the ship knows. Military bases have the fastest known communications system in the world when it comes to families. I remember when I lived at Hickam AFB in Hawaii we had an HH-53 go down while on a rescue mission, and well before it was announced on the news in any way, the entire base new about it, and was mobilizing what we used to call the "comfort squad". So I'm not surprised that they knew about it.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Here you go another article:

Dropping Bombs on Iran

The conspiracy theorists will pick up on the news out of San Diego that the USS Nimitz aircraft carrier battle group will sail Monday for the Persian Gulf as meaning WAR with Iran.

A third aircraft carrier does sound provocative and scary, especially during yet another hostage-taking and stand-off, with the continuing WMD dispute, Iran's supposed meddling in Iraq, and not to mention the county's religious and anti-Israel posturing.

And there is no question that Iran has not so slowly taken on the mantle of favorite enemy to many in Washington, even to the geopolitically challenged who seem content, even desperate, to join the neocons in blithely referring to war there as more justified than Iraq.

The change in tone is itself worrisome, because when combined with all of the war speculation, and with all of the crying wolf and military moves that are advertised as being intended to provoke, Iran might come to the wrong conclusion and feel compelled to militarily lash out.

Do I concur with what was written, absolutely not, just reporting an article, you can dismantle it if you wish.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Sorry. Already posted:

April 6 Sneak Attack On Iran

April 6 Attack by US forces Against Iran planned

You have to get up very early in the morning or have the ability to time-travel to scoop something on ATS!

Thread closed.

EDIT: thread re-opened. Seems this is the original but the other one has four pages of responses. Might want to read that one as well.

[edit on 3/31/2007 by Gools]

top topics

join