It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you volunteer to time travel?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
if i had the power to go back in time, i would help allot of people, not come out and say " i traveled from the future and here i am to save you", but more like , if someone was walking into a bus, i would give them a slight nudge to push them out of the way, if a person was gonna get cancer in the future or something i would tell them to be careful and just look out for these type of things...saving a life could be easy and it could be hard. Iv always felt compassion for everyone, when watching documentary's on Vietnam, even in my daily life after seeing people dieing or going through horrible pain, and the stuff going on in Iraq i get enraged, like i should be helping them. In all instances, i would learn, train, and help people as much as i could...if i could stop 9/11 i would.anything to help anyone, as long as it was the right thing to do.

[edit on 5-6-2007 by ATSGUY]

[edit on 5-6-2007 by ATSGUY]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The only problem with that is that you run the risk of causing more problems by helping. I'm sure you have the best intentions, but what if by stopping 9/11 you prevent the invasion of Afghanistan, thus allowing the Al-Queda to build a nuclear bomb? Stuff like that.

I think it's for the better that if any of us go back in time that nobody touch anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Thats a BIG 10-4!
Yes I would, and I would do it to bring new and advanced technology to this time frame.
I would also attempt to change through the military the abduction scenario which although unproven is a possibility.
I would also use the info as leverage for more conscious clean future for all. In other words I would use future technology as black mail for better world.
As far as traveling into the past, it is gone it is finished it is dead.

However for personal reasons I would love to be close to the ones I loved who have passed on. Not being able to change their fates would be a problem I could not promise to change.

I enjoyed this imaginein....

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hi, ATSGUY, cyberdude78, and antar!!

First, ATSGUY, you said,

In all instances, i would learn, train, and help people as much as i could...if i could stop 9/11 i would.anything to help anyone, as long as it was the right thing to do.

This would be my inclination too. In fact, if I knew I could do it successfully, I would try to prevent as much suffering as possible.

The big question is, however, why was that suffering allowed in the first place? Why didn't anyone with this technology travel back to prevent so much pain?

It is clear that human beings have endured terrific, unimaginable suffering, and it has been allowed to continue unabated for centuries.

Why? What is the purpose?

I think the answer may be a reasonable one, and we simply aren't privy to the expansive viewpoint that would allow us the broad perspective necessary to understand why.

From where I sit, the suffering is pointless. And it needs to end. I don't want to hear some metaphysical proverb about how suffering builds character, or strengthens the soul. From where I sit, I'd rather be without it, end of story.

I'm not discounting, however, that there may be a perspective where all of this is necessary, but until I get there I'm going to be incensed by the suffering and torture human beings are forced to suffer at each other's hand.

If someone wishes to inflict hardship - exert their will - onto another person, then let god give them a human toy, or clone to play with. Don't allow individuals to entrap, torture and abuse others. I'm lost on this issue.

cyberdude, you said,

The only problem with that is that you run the risk of causing more problems by helping. I'm sure you have the best intentions, but what if by stopping 9/11 you prevent the invasion of Afghanistan, thus allowing the Al-Queda to build a nuclear bomb? Stuff like that.

I think it's for the better that if any of us go back in time that nobody touch anything.

This thread was actually opened at the behest of someone who believes they have time traveled. From what they described, if I can summarize, they said that they were able to change certain events, or prevent certain things from happening, but were absolutely unable to change others.

This individual said that there were things that he tried several times to change, but they just kept occurring. I don't have an example, but I wanted to state this so you could see that there may actually be guidelines in place, sort of like a holy safety net, where those who use this technology aren't allowed to affect too large a sphere of change, or too deep a level of change.

I have learned from this individual that there are races that act as sort of guardians of time travel in this universe. These beings can track every portal that is opened, and can direct and control where that portal ends up.

This is not an all or nothing proposition, from what I understand. There are layers upon layers - higher and higher levels - of races and beings in this universe, and they extend all the way to the creator, or godhead - whatever you want to call it.

The levels closest to the godhead are still operating under the creator, and may themselves experience the things that this person experienced even at their level; i.e., the effect of natural laws, or guidelines that prevent, guide, and control every molecule of this universe...It's a lot to think about.

In short, whatever we are able to do - regardless of how advanced it seems to be - we are in a playground built by intelligences and consciousnesses beyond our comprehension. We aren't going to be able to end our race simply by toying around with time travel. Ain't gonna happen.

But your sentiments are understandable. If you think too much about it - and I agreed with you at some point - it boggles the mind how much opportunity there is for folly. The good part is, we can't play with it if it's going to affect our entire race. This is why the kibosh is being put on nuclear weapon use.

Hi, antar, you said,

Yes I would, and I would do it to bring new and advanced technology to this time frame.

I would also attempt to change through the military the abduction scenario which although unproven is a possibility.

I would also use the info as leverage for more conscious clean future for all. In other words I would use future technology as black mail for better world.

Yes, yes, and yes. I would do all of these things too. Assist on a major scale.

Also,

However for personal reasons I would love to be close to the ones I loved who have passed on. Not being able to change their fates would be a problem I could not promise to change.

You will see them all again. Your inclination may be to change their fates, but I wonder what they would say about that...Not that I wouldn't consider it myself...

I opened this thread, and wanted to respond to all of you for posting. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts!!

We will learn the answers we seek soon - in our lifetime. My belief - and hope - is that we learn these things over the next sixty-six months (yes, sometime between now and 2012...).

Thanks again and have an excellent week!!

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
if i could go back in time i would basically train myself and any others i see fit that are for good...its like starting fresh...once you develop yourself and have a clear understanding of how to fight back you could...but if i couldn't change the past or a person from dieing i could at least make their death easier and more comfortable... but also try to safe as many people as i can, from a innocent person wit a family dieing of cancer, or a baby that is killed or anything i would try to help no matter the cost. Some things should not be left i the past, they should be confronted and shown justice.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeerrr,

I did.

And now I can't get back

It's a one way trip, hope you realise it?

(And before you ask,.......No, I CAN'T prove it!)

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I would love to be able to travel through time.....as an observer. It would be wonderful to be able to go back and see the world as it was when I was a child, watch major events from history, or even travel into the future.

I really can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to be able to do this.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I would.
but I would rather use some sort of meditation / intuitive practice, like traveling with my body without the help of the external machine.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Psysex]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
would love to

Not arsed about saving humanity and all that nonsense, but would love to see how fit some of historys women were in the flesh. Helen of troy for example

maybe kick hitler in the nuts when hes a small boy

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I find this a hard question to answer.

My personal belief is that any form of time travel, wether it be forward or backward in time, would involve some measure of SIDEWAYS travel in time to avoid paradoxes (the multiverse does not like paradoxes).

This would mean that anyone leaving their own timeline for whatever reason would never be seen again by his or her contemporaries, as returning to the original timeline would be impossible.

Also, if one was to travel in time to avert a disaster, no-one in the original timeline would ever notice the difference, as all changes you affect would only be actual in the timeline you created by travelling in the first place.

So to try and answer your question:
NO I would not travel in time for altruistic reasons.
YES I would travel in time if I had no family and did so for myself.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
i would definitely give my life to travel back in time

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yes I volunteer to time travel. Sign me up. What is your point if you can not physically contact me for a time travel mission? You're only bringing false online hope to our real Earth reality (ie Blossom Goodchild).

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by timedrifter

1. Yes.
2. Help them what?
3. Ah three....why. Why qualifies you over someone else's resume. I'm afraid I am not terribly familiar with the resume ladder. I out qualify most people in aptitude, who fluff a better resume in print. So, here I'll sit in 2008 wondering who's on thier way back to fail or succeed in the past-and what big things I missed out on the tweaking of.
No, really, tentitavely I'd question my self serving reasons, as my main interest is for the travelling experience itself--not the work on the other end; though I imagine it could dawn on a person to be just as educationally facsinating.

Did I answer correctly? When do we leave.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HugmyRek

on second thought....
I change my answer. I'd be willing to either go to a place in the past-or the future and just stay there as an observer; taking into account there is likley some stipulation that I'll have to first travel to before my parents were born to get to a future that is not oddly tweaked by my not having been naturally progressed in it--or something.

Why would anyone want to time travel. It's not like fail safed. There is no...manager. There is no communications back and forth. You get there and can't get back-yer in a bad place. It is not like you can go to the government of where your at and say, "Hi, can I borrow your.......time machine?".

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The only problem with that is that you run the risk
of causing more problems by helping.

It's possible, but it's also possible you might make things better. The whole point here is that if you don't like the results...you can go back and try again. So sure, you try to stop 9/11 and end up with a nuclear bomb instead? No problem. Just just back and tinker some more. Eventually you'll probably end up with something you're happy with.

I think it's for the better that if any of us go
back in time that nobody touch anything.

...you do realize, don't you...that by typing this message, by eating breakfast this morning, by continuing to breathe right this very moment...everything you do has consequences FOR THE ENTIRE FUTURE OF THE PLANET!

Oh noes!

Better stop doing all those things! But wait...if you stop them you'll ALSO generate consequences! Oh no! Help! Help!

Why is going back in time and doing things over WITH knowledge of the future less likely to generate positive results than doing them in the first place WITHOUT knowledge of the future?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

to go on time travel

If I could travel through time, I'd go in a heartbeat. Definitely. However...

mission

...this would concern me. "Mission?" What mission? Mission from whom? What's their agenda. Yes, I'd be happy to travel back and forth through time, but I'd be awfully suspicious of any organization sending people on "missions."

If they have the technical ability to time travel, they probably know a lot more about the events in question...and I wouldn't be in a position to know the consequences of doing what they wanted. But obviously they don't want to do them themselves because they're asking me to.

Very suspicious.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yes. I would travel back in time and find the idiot that invented Islam and slap him about the head until he agreed he was full of BS.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I really interested to travel to the past o go back , if someone find the way please let me know
[email protected]
please

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: timedrifter

I would. Because I think we are worth it

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: cyberdude78
I'd go back in time if it were possible to only watch and listen without effecting anything. The amount of history that I'd be able to learn would be incredible. Although I agree that it's best not to change anything at all, that could cause all sorts of problems. So I you wind up asking yourself if a butterfly flapped it's wings in China could it cause a hurricane in Florida?

Sorry, but, that doesn't work like that. You either do something or simply don't. Everything you touch effects the planet, even breathing oxygen on the planet as you, a time traveler, contribute to CO2 and change of small particles such as dust.
edit on 25-7-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join