It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 30 Hour Famine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hey everybody, Where I live , well in all of Canada I think, we are doing a fundraiser to help people around the world who go to sleep hungry at night, or that eat pieces of clay or dry mud as a meal
. As you might of assumed, we are doing a 30 hour famine at my school to raise money and help these people.

The very first day I heard of this I joined, because it is my duty as a Canadian, to help these people. I have raised alot of money already. I know I can't make a difference alone, but I am encouraging everyone in my school to join and raise money. I am proud to be doing this. And I am starting this thread to get support and to make you think, we all have computers, internet, a fridge and food, If we all give a little something, we can make this world a better place. Thank you.

By the way, you might already know about this fundraiser, it is international.

The 30 Hour Famine

Thank you again.

-Jimmy-

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Am I the only one on ATS that cares about these people?????

I am quite shocked, honestly... Anyways, I guess people have different thoughts and moods...

-Jimmy-

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have honestly never heard of this, and my school was ultra active in all sorts of fundraisers.

Am I the only one on ATS that cares about these people?????

You may actually be surprised to see that some of your fellow ATSers have indeed been homeless before. Don't assume that we're heartless yet.

I'm going to read into it though, Jimmy, thanks for sharing this. I may be able to bring this down south into Louisiana and help spread what seems to be a noble cause.

[edit on 3/24/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
You know the "richer" side of the world can completely help the "poorer" side, unfortunately not alot do. If I had the money, instead of donating it to fundraisers where others decided how the money would be used I would myself come to the location and see how my money goes into helping the ppl, it would benefit them more, you know?

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
But even fundraisers are a good thing, everything that helps people is good, too bad scammers and other punks are using even this as a way to make money for their greedy asses.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
But even fundraisers are a good thing, everything that helps people is good, too bad scammers and other punks are using even this as a way to make money for their greedy asses.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I think they could come up with a better gimmick than a pledge not to eat for 30 hours. What if someone cheats, worse, what if some diabetic kid drops dead or something from not eating.

According to the website, last time this was done $11.6 million dollars were raised. Billions and billions of dollars in food aid is given by the U.S. and other western nations to starving people worldwide, but there are still people starving.

[edit on 3/24/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It's not the actual 30 hours of not eating that were trying to spread around, it's the 'raising money' part. If we would all pitch in then the world would be a much better place... Like the terrible tradegy that's going on in Darfour.. We should help them instead of waging war with Iraq. Anyways, I'm glad to see people here also care. That sounds like a great idea niteboy, btw!

-Jimmy-

top topics

join