It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we hours away from war with Iran??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is so bad.
G.W. is looking for a reason to go after Iran. Is this the catalyst to start things rolling forward? It may well be. Suppose one or all of the UK personnel are killed or injured at "Iranian" hands. What do you think is next?
The iranian president is coming to the UN in NYC. So a "terrorist" attack - maybe even with any kind of a nuclear slant, be it dirty bomb or whatever in conjunction with this.
My friends, we may be witnessing the dawn of the end.
I've never, ever hoped to be so wrong in my life, but my gut is screaming right now.
May cooler heads prevail.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Given the fact that Israel began bombing Lebanon over the capture of two soldiers, I could easily see this event ballooning into somethign far bigger.

With the current hostility being shown by Iran, I think the sightest event could trigger somethign massive.

War seems to be right around the corner. It is just a metter of, is anyone going to stick their head around that corner too see what is going on.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well according to this article he cancelled. www.msnbc.msn.com...

Seems a lil suspicious to me with the timing and all. I wonder what is next?

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Im sure it's all Bush's fault. The Brits are under Bush's command, ya, he told 'em to do it. And Iran is just trying to help facilitate Bush's agenda, that's the ticket! And if the neocons weren't in charge of everything none of this would be happening, ya that's the ticket, ya!

Snow said Iran DOES have the Visas they need for their planned trip to the UN. They aren't late. Ahmadinijad is up to something bad but if we see it then we're all war mongers.

As a combat arms vet, I say let's get it over with. Let's put everyones animosity and vitriol on the table and do it the only way Irans gov't will repect.

"So Ahmadinijad, which half of Tehran do you want leveled first? Oh you're sending the Brits back right now? OK, nevermind, thanks!"

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
This is so bad.
G.W. is looking for a reason to go after Iran. Is this the catalyst to start things rolling forward? It may well be. Suppose one or all of the UK personnel are killed or injured at "Iranian" hands. What do you think is next?
The iranian president is coming to the UN in NYC. So a "terrorist" attack - maybe even with any kind of a nuclear slant, be it dirty bomb or whatever in conjunction with this.
My friends, we may be witnessing the dawn of the end.
I've never, ever hoped to be so wrong in my life, but my gut is screaming right now.
May cooler heads prevail.

If they are killed or so much as harmed Iran better batten down the hatches. It will be go time real quick. I think Iran should have been taken out a long time ago. We pussy footed them for far to long. Time to lock and load.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
Given the fact that Israel began bombing Lebanon over the capture of two soldiers, I could easily see this event ballooning into somethign far bigger.

With the current hostility being shown by Iran, I think the sightest event could trigger somethign massive.

War seems to be right around the corner. It is just a metter of, is anyone going to stick their head around that corner too see what is going on.

Yeah, but at least with that stupid war Israel has it's border crossed.
The British were either in disputed territory or crossed into Iranian Waters. The warhawks have NO CASE here.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Potentially I would say we are 72 hours from war with Iran. IF the Royal Sailors and Marines are turned over unharmed within 72 hours war may yet be averted.

On the other hand if the Iranians are as stupid as Hezbollah and try to use the captured personnel for concessions then you will see two Aircraft Carrier Battlegroups, our Strategic Bomber forces, and assorted artillery unleash hell on earth.

The US army may be spread somewhat, but the US Air Force, Navy , and Marines are not. The Air Force and Navy alone could send Iran back to the start of the Industrial Revolution within 48 hours.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Funny that nobody seems to point to the fact that Neither US or the Uk have any claims to the waters on the persian gulf.

Oops, I forgot US and coalition . . . I mean . . . Uk owns Iraq.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

Originally posted by rdang
I don't think it will come to war.The Irainians like to talk a lot of crap. I believe they will be soon released and it will be a "mistake". I thought they wanted to capture Americans and "feed them to our fighting cocks".

What do you think would happen if there were to be a misunderstanding and aggressive release negotiations were to take place..... I.E a fire fight....

How may dead would it take for direct military action??

What if the people that kidnapped these 15 members of the Royal Navy were not in the control of the Iranian government??

I say we are already at war with Iran by proxy... We are fighting an unofficial war with Iran and Syria through the actions of Arming and supporting Israel and the continued bloodbath that is Iraq...

I say we need to stop fighting behind the scenes and just go straight in, and the sooner the better.

Yes there will be blood shed on both sides but I firmly believe that until this is done there will be no peace in the world.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

Yet you won't be "Going in" nor will Pnac or any of the Globalists who raise the pom pom's and scream real loud. So I ask you:

Why should anyone sacrifice a maddening war if the ones cheering for it aren't going in? Especially the aristocrats or the corporatists. You have no idea what you are talking about.

If you went in "Neon Haze", you would get leveled and be crying in 2 miliseconds. The Revolutionary guard would cut you to ribbons. You wouldn't stand a chance either would our ground forces. Either would any of these Freedom Sycophants. You don't have the answer nor the strategy nor the manpower or leverage to do this.

Again, you don't sound like you are going to be on the frontline and this is just theater and bravado. Which means "NOTHING" to the majority of this world.

P.S. Iran has a million man army. You would need a diaper like that crazy Nasa Lady.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Funny that nobody seems to point to the fact that Neither US or the Uk have any claims to the waters on the persian gulf.

Oops, I forgot US and coalition . . . I mean . . . Uk owns Iraq.

What the F are you on about? right now we are trying to prop up a struggling democracy in the middle east that currently cant fend for themselves. We are the force multiplier there. They were in Iraqi waters. We have every right to be there in time of war and under the circumstances we are in.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

How do you figure that?

The Britons were assigned to a task force that protects Iraqi oil terminals and maintains security in Iraqi waters under authority of the U.N. Security Council.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 3/23/07 by makeitso]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRGERBIK
P.S. Iran has a million man army. You would need a diaper like that crazy Nasa Lady.

Your point? That didnt stop us from beating Iraq like a red headed step child in golf war 1 and 2. I believe Iraq had the 4-5th largest army in the world. Numbers dont matter especially when you have air and naval superiority.

[edit on 033131p://3303pm by semperfoo]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Are we hours away from war with Iran?

I hope not, I'm enjoying life way too much right now to be interrupted

seriously, if anything were to happen to these UK sailors, it would be fairly easy to organize a coalition of the willing to launch strikes on Iran. Israel will definitely participate, and with the UK playing a lesser role in Iraq, they can lead the war in Iran, while the US provides support from Iraq and the gulf.

Just recently Iran once again, expressed desire to use only Euro and Yen currencies to trade oil, they continue to play their nuke game, and they continue to talk smack, imo, they've already started the proxy war and it's just a matter of time before a hothead from one of the sides decides it time to pull the trigger.

maybe we can prolong the hostilites till 2012, then take all bets off the table.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
A million men is meaningless in the context of vastly superior naval and air power. If the Brits are not freed unharmed all manner of death and destruction in the Allied arsenal short of nuclear weapons will be used.

Like Saddam's Iraq in 1991 which also boasted an army of One Million we, the Allied Coalition took no chances and bombed the crap out of them for almost two months before any ground ops. In those two months we dropped more bombs and ran more sorties that almost all of World War 2.

I myself am part of the Allied Coalition, seven years of service in the US army. One tour in Iraq at the invasion in 2003 and one tour in Afghanistan 2005-2006. I am not one of these armchair experts.

I am almost 30 days away from ETS, aka discharge for completion of service, but if the Iranians want to get stupid I will stay and fight.

[edit on 23/3/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

Yes there will be blood shed on both sides but I firmly believe that until this is done there will be no peace in the world.

That is what they want you to believe.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I definalty think it will happen. But not in a few hours. Probobly soon though.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here is what I am under the belief that is going on.
The UK had made determinations to pull troops back. As there is no need for them to have a large force, it would not be so shocking that the CIA, acting with orders from Bush, drops the dime into the Iranians about the UK's activities. Think about it, with all of the military forces in the area, the US knew what the british were doing and prolly sold them out. Why to get the british public up in arms to keep troops in Iraq.

Just my thoughts.

CX

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
And what is iran doing seizing people in IRAQI waters,THEN dragging them into iranian territory??IF that were an american ship there would be TWO iranian boats on the bottom right now.

Thats why i'm sitting here thanking whoever that it was our guys that got detained and not an american ship.
Actualy, thats not to say that i think the US troops would have definately acted different than our troops today, but that seems to be the general opinion of many US members here.

War with Iran is not inevitable as some here like to think, and today those Brits acted in a way that may have kept it that way.

I'm proud of the way they acted, not ashamed that they did'nt blow the Iranians out of the water.

CX.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
do we have any brits here that can give us their take on it all?

CX

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm a brit, i think it's still hard to give opinions when we don't have the facts though.

My take is simply this....

to the brits for not sending those Iranian ships to the seabed, at the end of the day if they were'nt fired upon i'm hoping that it will be a simple matter of boundary encroaching by either party and our troops will be released asap without harm. Let the powers that be argue who was at fault, as long as no major damage has been done.

2. Am i wrong in thinking that what with the current situation and tension surrounding that area, we are actualy lucky that the Iranians did'nt use thier weapons if they thought thier waters were being tresspassed in? They detained the troops, yes at gunpoint but at least they did'nt just open fire.

I'm just glad that today happened without any shots being fired, that could have prompted a whole different response, and one which may have been hard to backtrack from.

CX.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join