It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we hours away from war with Iran??

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
All recent CREDIBLE news indicates there will be no strike on Iran coming anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The simple answer to the thread title is "not on your nelly". Not happening.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Well Since Iran released the hostages the Western Powers don't have enough support for starting the war...so the short term answer is no, however Iran still represents a problem in that they are going ahead with their nuclear reactor and their switch to Euros over dollars... and Iran is on the hitlist of the Neo-Cons for other Strategic Reasons (OIL).

The New Title to this thread should be ...

"Are We Hours Away from The Next False Flag Attack in America?"

The Neo-Cons will let NOTHING stand in their way of "preserving our way of life". The only thing stopping them from attacking Iran today is they don't have the "pre-text" or support from the people for the attack.

That can all change with 1 attack inside america that is blamed on...

wait for it....

Al-queda in Iran!

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The Virginia Tech incident has certainly drawn the spotlight from Iran. For the time being. Give it a few weeks and i'm sure the administration and propaganda machine will redirect our attention to some wrongdoing Iran has done. Perhaps it will actually be someone else's doing that still places the blame on Iran. Time shall tell.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I started this thread because at the time of writing there was a very real clock ticking. I estimated that from the time this event became public we were on at most a 72 hour count down.

What most people didn't realise about the hostage situation is that between the place of capture and the place of captivity there were a lot of miles and a lot of people.

All that was required for war in Iran during that time was one person with a reason to want to hurt the westerners...

In other words if our men had suffered any physical harm or were heavens forbid even killed, then we all would be sat in a very different world right now...

What I find fascinating about this event however, is that this with the right people pushing in the right direction could have made this event into what they wanted it to be… an excuse to attack now.

So the question we should all be asking is why given the current climate in the middle east, did we not find a way of making the solders disappear and use that as an excuse to attack???

My assessment of our and our ally’s actions would lead me to think that Iran had more than the hostages as a bargaining chip…

What if for example, Iran had said that there were sleeper cells at the heart of every major western city with dirty bombs or chemical/biological weapons??

Perhaps forcing the issue at that time would have been genocide on a massive scale??

If that is true then we are still on a count down to war with Iran… it’s just a matter of waiting for the moment when circumstances are correct.

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

I personally don't think that it was the bush administration that aucostrated the 911 attacks... I do however thing they knew about the threat and did very little... if anything at all to stop it...

That said the results were the same, it was a perfect mechanism to sway public opinion and the international communities into supporting a war.

I think you should start that thread "Are We Hours Away from The Next False Flag Attack in America?" I beieve it is a very pertanant question to ask.

Though of course to state somthing so bold you would have to present your evidence.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
I started this thread because at the time of writing there was a very real clock ticking. I estimated that from the time this event became public we were on at most a 72 hour count down.

What most people didn't realise about the hostage situation is that between the place of capture and the place of captivity there were a lot of miles and a lot of people.

All that was required for war in Iran during that time was one person with a reason to want to hurt the westerners...

In other words if our men had suffered any physical harm or were heavens forbid even killed, then we all would be sat in a very different world right now...

What I find fascinating about this event however, is that this with the right people pushing in the right direction could have made this event into what they wanted it to be… an excuse to attack now.

So the question we should all be asking is why given the current climate in the middle east, did we not find a way of making the solders disappear and use that as an excuse to attack???

My assessment of our and our ally’s actions would lead me to think that Iran had more than the hostages as a bargaining chip…

What if for example, Iran had said that there were sleeper cells at the heart of every major western city with dirty bombs or chemical/biological weapons??

Perhaps forcing the issue at that time would have been genocide on a massive scale??

If that is true then we are still on a count down to war with Iran… it’s just a matter of waiting for the moment when circumstances are correct.

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

I personally don't think that it was the bush administration that aucostrated the 911 attacks... I do however thing they knew about the threat and did very little... if anything at all to stop it...

That said the results were the same, it was a perfect mechanism to sway public opinion and the international communities into supporting a war.

I think you should start that thread "Are We Hours Away from The Next False Flag Attack in America?" I beieve it is a very pertanant question to ask.

Though of course to state somthing so bold you would have to present your evidence.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by Neon Haze]

I do think you have to look at the reasoning why we aren't at war yet. I think it has to do because we have a democratic controlled congress. No one wants to create havoc anymore in this country. The majority of war supporters have fled. It's now just clinging barely to life.

IF we did have a republican controlled senate and congress they would have rubberstamped an Iran attack in no time.

And in 2 years time we would be in the same quagmire we are with Iraq.
I always ask this question to myself before co-signing on something that is risky and dangerous

"Am I willing to sacrifice myself for this cause"

"Are these facts or myths that are being fed to the Corporate media machine?"

and

"Do I believe a threat is a possibility to my life"

If just 1 of these are in the negative column then I do not sign on to that "Jingoistic" crusade. It's that simple. And I think it's common sense for a nation such as this. I don't roll the dice with someone's children over a military occupation has gone horribly wrong.

P.S. Scott Ritter and the messengers helped as well. Like Blumenthal and Hersch. These people knew what was "UP"

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
At the time of writing this, the Sailors & Royal Marines, have been returned, and in answer to the question.....yes, the US has and will most likely be always within hours of war with Iran, unless something incredible changes. The think-tank people who work for the US, have countless scenarios and what-if scenarios drawn out, for about any situation anywhere and anytime, within reason. If your a World Superpower you had better damn well make sure your bases are covered, your i's dotted and t's crossed, and be able to respond to any threat.

Final thought, you ask if we are hours away from war with Iran? Ponder this, for over the last decade or two, you have been 8 minutes away from Nuclear War. (8 mins the time it takes for an ICBM to cross the globe)*

Have a nice day.

*Please note individual results may vary

[edit on 25-4-2007 by DeepSixIt]

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join