It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was this cop thinking?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
what do you think was going through this off duty cop's mind?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I saw this on the news earlier this week I believe. The off duty cop was probably drunk at the time. I think that act of violence is pathetic beyond belief and I hope he gets plenty of jail time for it.

-ONIAG

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's my understanding that he was very drunk and that she had refused service to him. Still no excuse...

MEN YOU DO NOT PUT YOUR HANDS ON A WOMAN!!!

I saw the video last night, I was sick to my stomach.

Wish I would have been there, He would have at least gotten several bottles busted over his head, might have been able to get him to leave her alone...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
yeah he was drunk but still, that does not justify the fact that he thinks he can just do that. i would have broken both his arms.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
an even bigger questions is why wasn't everyone else in the place convicted of criminal negligence for watching that brutal beating before picking up a cellphone or stepping up? i cant believe the guy at the bottom left of the screen just watching for a whole minute. maybe he had money on the fight.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is just an example of the "We" "They" attitude of many in law enforcement. Drunk, many people reveal themselves for what they really are be they crybabys or sadists.

After the lawsuit, the lady that was beaten up by the cop probably should be able to retire. At taxpayer expense.

There really needs to be better psychological profiles made of those that are supposed to "protect and serve!" They do it with schoolbus drivers, 7-11 clerks, taxi drivers; why not lawenforcement?

[edit on 22-3-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What a fat (...) man. And how could that pussy in the blue hoodie just stand there and watch that, I wouldv'e glassed the b*st*rd

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
edited vulgar remark

[edit on 22/3/07 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Gutless, spineless cowards worth less than the pile of horse manure in the pasture. That sums up those who just watched, there was enough chairs and bottles there to start a good old street fight and kick that cops rear. Being drunk it would take very little to nock him down, he was staggering heavily when he tried to kick her and his movements were terribly slow if not aginizingly slow.
As others stated for what they would have done to him here is what I would have done:
#1: break both arms and legs
#2: if #1 is not possible then gouge his eyes out
#3: take a bottle and bust it over his head
#4: if #3 does not knock him out then take the broken bottle and stab him. The bleeding effect will cause him to collapse in a matter of seconds since he is drunk.
#5: more to the point, take the nearest chair and smash it against his head. This is prefered, one shot and he goes down or wish he would have after the second chair lands on him.
I have 0 tolerance, 0 mercy for ANYONE who does such things, I could care LESS about who they are. Also after promtpy decapitating the cop I would probably pick off those watching because they didnt have the guts to even call 911. If that cop has a home, sell it, sell everything he has even if it puts his family on the street. Use the money gained as reparations for the woman and have him shipped off to some forsaken hell hole in the middle of nowhere and have him do hard labor for the rest of his life. When I say hard labor: turn this 5 story high boulder to dust by sundown or you do not eat.

Edit: added a few more lines

[edit on 22-3-2007 by Vekar]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bokinsmowl
an even bigger questions is why wasn't everyone else in the place convicted of criminal negligence for watching that brutal beating before picking up a cellphone or stepping up? i cant believe the guy at the bottom left of the screen just watching for a whole minute. maybe he had money on the fight.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the guy watching, knew the guy was a cop and DIDN'T Wanna GET SHOT.

Sure is a lot of keyboard heros around here that don't even know actually went down or the circumstances.

Big Talkers......

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
this should have been posted in the "So you have cops" thread, and yes we *SNIP* hate cops

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
THis is not a reflection on police or a specific police department. This is the responsibility of the individual who committed this terrible act.

In a fair world, he would be tried for his crime and I think that he should lose his job as a police officer. He has brought shame to his department and to himself.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the guy watching, knew the guy was a cop and DIDN'T Wanna GET SHOT.

Sure is a lot of keyboard heros around here that don't even know actually went down or the circumstances.

Big Talkers......

How would he get shot? So what if the guy was a cop, he was off duty so he wouldn't have had his gun on him. He did however still have his fight training which he didn't mind using on a barmaid.

That's not what cops are trained to fight for.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I agree somone should have stepped in, I know I would have, at least long enough for her to gather herself a little more and take a go. Did you see the beating she took and still got up? amazing.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Speaking as a pacifist, I still would have busted a bar stool over this tool's head. Gun or no gun, I would take a bullet to stop crap like that.

It's amazing that police are labeled as "public heroes". Men like this are not at all uncommon in police forces. You do not become a police officer to protect and serve, you become a police officer to hold power over the heads of others, to be above the law, and get the kickass union benefits.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Big Talkers......

That's what I was thinking as well. Are there any cops here that can tell us if off duty cops usually carry their guns with them? Oh and if you watch you can see the guy to the bottom left DOES get out his cell phone and makes a call, I'm assuming to 911. It's not really fair to judge the bystanders without knowing the whole situation.

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention that I am utterly disgusted with what the cop did. I am not condoning what he did, was just commenting on all the bashing of the bystanders.

[edit on 3/22/2007 by somedude]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
while what this "person" did was Horrible, just remember the root cause, this would NEVER happen in a hash Bar

this should be the poster boy for making POT legal

I don't think it's only cops that do this, it is people that drink a great deal of ALCOHOL!!!!!

Not sure about NY but in Texas ALL officers are REQUIRED to be armed at ALL times, off duty or on duty..
I'm fairly sure this applies to many states, it was the same in Michigan...
in case of emergency they have to be armed..so they can respond without having to "run" home for their gun first

[edit on 22-3-2007 by thedigirati]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

How would he get shot? So what if the guy was a cop, he was off duty so he wouldn't have had his gun on him.

I see you are British so I can excuse your ignorance this time.

Off duty, On duty, here in the states, COPs carry guns all the time.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Wow! If I would've been there with my fake ID I would've broken a couple chairs and beers on that guys head, during AND after the fight. No way in hell would I have left someone like that unharmed, no way. And I'm 16. This reminds me of my aunt, this guy she was dating beat her up, BAD, went to a bar to brag about it, and he got both his arms and legs broken, and badly, badly beaten by guys that my aunt didn't even know. He went in jail for awhile too. So this situation makes gets me p*ssed off so bad! There was 3/4 other guys there that could've all jumped him...
Anyways before I start swearing and get banned I'm gonna end this.

-Jimmy-

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
ha ha, good one I am with you. And I think you guys are right, off duty and on duty cops always carry their weapons. He may have had a pistol on him. I think I would be to freaked out to and petrified to move if someone had a gun and I saw this happening.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Check out this Miami police officer who got arrested here in South Florida for attempted rape. He pulled the woman into his police car and tried to rape her.

Miami Police Officer Arrested On Rape, Kidnapping Charges

Like I said on another thread, if I get pulled over, I'm locking the doors and calling 911 on my cellphone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join