It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Moslems Expect the Mahdi (Moslem Messiah) to Return (March 21, 2007)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The Mahdi, who is believed by Moslems to be the Messiah/Saviour, is expected to return at the Spring Equinox, or very close to it. He is expected to arrive and defeat all of the enemies of Islam and destroy evil from the face of the Earth, and establish peace and justice in the whole world. Today IS the Spring Equinox. Here is the link Mahdi

Mod Edit: Per Author's Request.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If this Moslem prophecy comes true, it could make things considerabley more difficult for American forces, and others, in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are already paying a high price, but it would mean certain defeat if the Moslems had a supernatural being helping them. We will know shortly.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
actually, thats more of a Shia belief, and seeing as the majority of Muslims are Sunnis, i dont think you have anything to worry about.

Shias believe that there are 12 Imams, the last of which has been in hiding since, i dont know....a long time ago...and will appear....whenever.

Sunnis tend to believe more in a general Saviour appearance thing. Although nothing is said in the Quran about such a saviour appearing, most stories about the Djaal (anti-christ, if you like) and the Mahdi(saviour) come from the hadith collections.

IMHO, these stories borrow heavily from the Christian tradition of Jesus coming back to save the world. Not only does it seem to be untrue, from a Quranic standpoint, it also lends somewhat to a kind of fatalism....in other words.......we are pretty much helpless until we are saved by the coming messiah......which sucks really, cos all it means is that Muslims are waiting for someone to improve their lives, rather than improve things themselves

IMHO, of course

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
IMHO, these stories borrow heavily from the Christian tradition of Jesus coming back to save the world.

I also notice the way the prophecy coincides with Chrisitan prophecy of the return of Jesus. Maybe the reason they coincide is because it is true. It certainly DOES appear that the stage is well set for the last battle (armaggeddon) to commence in the Middle East. It's a perfect setup for both prophecies to materialize. Many people can feel that something is in the air, something big, which is about to happen.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Yes muslims believe that Jesus will come back one day.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Not only do many Moslems along with Chrisitans believe that Jesus and the Mahdi will return about the same time, but many Christians also feel that the return of Jesus is imminent. There are some Christians who are expecting to be raptured soon because the signs of the end of the age are intensifying and increasing. Many apparitions and bleeding icons all over the world portend that the "change" is near. And this coincides perfectly with the anticipations of Moslems of the near arrival of the Mahdi. Many different elements are coming together at this time.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
sad to say, but I must agree with SkyWay about this

Many people can feel that something is in the air, something big, which is about to happen.

few people over here, including myself, feel something strange in the atmosphere. don't know what it is but its there.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

the Mahdi returns as the leader, and general
the Jesus helps him out as his Lieutenant in the military campaigns
that hit Mecca, Medina, some other city i can't name offhand,
and eventually Jerusalem itself.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The Middle East is the place that every prophetic element seems to point to, and events seem to be fitting perfectly into those prophetic scenarios. And the U.S. just continures to send more soldiers into the area. Even if anyone doesn't believe in prophecy, most people know that something truly catastrophic is going to occur there before this war is through. If the Mahdi is going to show up in time to save the Moslems, he will have to do it pretty soon because, if he doesn't, there may not be any Moslems remaining at the rate they are being slaughtered. Time is certainly short for the Mahdi to make his move.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
Not only do many Moslems along with Chrisitans believe that Jesus and the Mahdi will return about the same time, but many Christians also feel that the return of Jesus is imminent.

That ain't gonna be Jesus. If this really is the real deal, it will be the beast and the false prophet. I've got a feeling many a lip service "christian" is going to fall for this guy.

The real Jesus Christ will destroy both of them at the end of this mess. At the end of a seven year treaty one of them signs.

No man knows the day or the hour that all this is gonna kick off. Sure feels like the season.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep

Not only do many Moslems along with Chrisitans believe that Jesus and the Mahdi will return about the same time, but many Christians also feel that the return of Jesus is imminent.

That ain't gonna be Jesus. If this really is the real deal, it will be the beast and the false prophet. I've got a feeling many a lip service "christian" is going to fall for this guy.

The anti-Christ will show up before Jesus Christ. This is true and I agree with you. I am not so sure, though, that the Mahdi will side with the anti-Christ or will fight against him. If the Moslems are right, and the Mahdi actually battles against anti-Christ, then he may turn out to be an ally of Jesus. But, it will be Jesus who ultimately defeats anti-Christ, not the Mahdi. For me, it hinges on whether the Mahdi, fights or assists, the first one who appears claiming to be Christ.

The real Jesus Christ will destroy both of them at the end of this mess. At the end of a seven year treaty one of them signs.

I am certain the Lord can easily defeat both of them, and I am certain that He will defeat anti-Christ, but the fate of the Mahdi depends on whether he sides with anti-Christ or with Jesus Christ.

No man knows the day or the hour that all this is gonna kick off. Sure feels like the season.

I certainly don't. All I can do is try to interpret the signs that indicate that the second coming of Jesus is near. Judging by world events and their intensification and quickening pace that I detect through news reports, I think the time is very near. By this I mean 5 - 10 years.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

but the fate of the Mahdi depends on whether he sides with anti-Christ or with Jesus Christ.

Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep

Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Amen to that! The mystery to me is who will the false prophet be? It may be the Mahdi. Or it may be some other individual who serves as the false prophet and is cast into the lake of fire along with the beast. Perhaps the false prophet will be a prominent political figure or celebrity. I also wonder if there may turn out to be an anti-Mahdi in the same way that there will be an anti-Christ. A person, in league with the devil, may appear and claim that he is the Mahdi before the true Mahdi arrives. How many pretenders will the enemy of God send?

[edit on 21-3-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I also notice the way the prophecy coincides with Chrisitan prophecy of the return of Jesus. Maybe the reason they coincide is because it is true. It certainly DOES appear that the stage is well set for the last battle (armaggeddon) to commence in the Middle East. It's a perfect setup for both prophecies to materialize. Many people can feel that something is in the air, something big, which is about to happen.

They coincide because they are both Abrahamic faiths. By the way, all religions have coinciding aspects to them. So..

Look,I am certainly not going to argue that we are not living in the "last days," although, the last days are not really the LAST DAYS, but that's a whole other issue. However,I think that trying to unite Christians with Muslims is very dangerous indeed.

[edit on 21-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 21-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Seven years...we have been in Iraq for 4 years,( around the Equinox it started, no?), so is it 2010 that we look for the end to come? The anti-christ could be provking the Middle East to set up Armegeddon.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
However,I think that trying to unite Christians with Muslims is very dangerous indeed.

I think the danger is in dividing people...not in uniting them.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
The anti-christ could be provking the Middle East to set up Armegeddon.

That is so true! Sometimes I think the anti-Christ is already here, working behind the scenes, and waiting for the right time to emerge from behind the scenes to the forefront. It certainly is undeniable that there is a great evil force at work in the Middle East, and throughout the world.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I wonder what will happen to these dong heads once they find out its all bunk anyways? Will they just move on, pushing religious extremism out of their lifes? Or stay pact on the whole swindle?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I hate to brake it to those of you who think Jesus was a real person, or that the anti-christ is a real person..

They are nothing more than states of mind.

The second coming of Christ does not mean the return of a person, but the return of true consciousness.

The anti-christ, or satan, is the selfish ignorant state of mind that many people in the western hemisphere suffer from..

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I think the danger is in dividing people...not in uniting them.

Exactly, the point is that you cannot unite the extremes of the religions,
to those pure of heart, it is easy to see the that we worship the same God, the story is different, not because of God, but because of man's manipulation of the message.

That is the test, the works are there and all overwhelmingly present an easily attainable goal, to be good to your fellow man, live a good life and try to pass on this goodness to your children.

That is the message, it is very simple, thousands of years of twisting this simple message has brought us to where we are, pitting us one against the other all in the name of the same God.

Those within the religions who promote hate are the ones the faithful need to look at when asked to condemn another worshipping the same God.

Some may condemn my view as simplistic, but I know that God's message is simple, it is the manipulation of man which has caused this conflict of His message.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join