It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Face On Mars!! What’s Going On??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Sorry - I don't see it (a human face).

If I really stretch my imagination I can make out a face of some kind I guess - actually, I can accomplish this feat in several innocuous places in this photo. I see a standing figure on the left margin, a bird on the right margin, an anvil in the upper-right hand corner, an umbrella in center top, yadda, yadda - big deal.

Most folks, with even the tiniest hint of creativity, can probably discern any number of imagined shapes and recognizable features.

So What?

Any way - thanks for posting yet another picture with an over-the-top alarmist heading MIke (again.... and again....... and again...)

p.s. I agree with some of the mods and Sens... let's give Mike his own playpen already...

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think this picture from a past thread I made, is one that is really amazing to me.

It does look like a dog

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I see sand and stone. You can see the same kind of things in clouds quite frequently.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
mission to mars was a cool movie, but the face on mars was shown recently to have seriously eroded. The face was never more than a shadow.

You have to think about the scale of the images you are looking at, and ask why they aren't perfect.

If you are going to make a face the size of manhatten, why wouldn't it look like a face ? Why is it "kinda sorts in the right light" look like a face ?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Lol Easter Island head for sure!

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
I dont see a face.

I see intestines

[edit on 21-3-2007 by merka]

Yeah so do I and those intestines are right where the dam is in the other image!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yep, Looks like Scooby Do.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimrat201
looks like a really nice photoshop

LOL How about that I would agree on this one seeing as it was posted from Alienshift with the location given as...
" This is a picture of gullies on the walls of a meteor impact crater in the Newton Basin in Sirenum Terra, MARS. "

Now this is the same area from NASA, showing the dam I spoke about
"Gullies in Newton Basin One in Sirenum Terra of highest-resolution images obtained from Mars"

I guess that means I can't trust the images from Alienshift huh? I thought those intestines looked weird, even for Mars

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism
Mike

Nice Find dude, ive got a "version" of this pic stored on my PC, a gray scale image of just the "head", i saw this about a year or so ago.

Is that from the HIRES, imaging the same area? Or just a very nicely touched version of the origional that i have (which is not HIRES).

Lemme see your "version" but I think I will stick with the MALIN Space Systems high res version

If you have a link to the source that'd be great

Silly Lemmings... do you ever do even the simplest research or just attack people and say you "only see rock..."?

Okay for all you lazy ones and the whiners, here is the source...

www.msss.com...

Seems the Intestines are really there, the other side of the area from the dam....

Nice find Mike, but I do agree it would be better to keep them in one thread like I have with the Moon images... Its easier to keep track of time wise... But I suppose you are after the "New thread heading" huh?

This is one of my favorites...

Soure. HAVE FUN FINDING IT

Silly Lemming! Its just below the pyramid looking lines 2/3rds down, but you need to increase the contrast a little.

Aother favorite...

SOURCE

And an "oddity" for the pot....

Strange stuff

Edit: to say, "woops"!, Sorry for the size of the first picture, didnt see it was that big

And good threads mike, keep up the good work, im always interested

So,yeah,as i was saying, a "source" for the image would be cool

[edit on 21-3-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

[edit on 21-3-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Why do people keep posting geological formations like they are unusual alien structures? You can find tons of "faces" on Google Earth, in potato chips, and even in grilled cheese sandwiches. Just because you may see a face like shape, doesn't mean it is anything other than your imagination.

I'd like to see more quality threads, not just, "Gee, look what I see in the clouds."

There are some great images coming down from Mars, some great science being done. Why not marvel at the wonders of the universe without trying to make up alien face nonsense.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

Originally posted by mikesingh
Hey! I never said that it IS man made, I mean, alien made!! It could just be a natural geological formation!!

So what's the point then? Just to spam the forum with more pointless photos?

Mind your tone please, some of us enjoys these photo's.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I never understood why they would make a face facing towards the sky, I mean most statues with a face on it, faces towards us if we were standing on the ground, not toward the sky? that would be dumb.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko

Originally posted by MrPenny
So what's the point then? Just to spam the forum with more pointless photos?

Look whose talking... What the hell are you doing here? I don't know if you noticed, but almost all Mike's thread seem to attract quite a number of interested people, who like to see his work. What are you contributing? We don't want your "pointless" oppinion and we don't want trolls.

Go away.

You have problems if your interested in this. There is nothing there. This thread is like that other stupid thread from the other day. Something on about a picture of a reptillian in a nebulae. I wouldn't have even posted in this thread if it wasn't for the god fearing sheep. HANG ON A MINUTE I CAN SEE A CLOUD THAT LOOKS LIKE AN ELEPHANT!!!! IT MUST BE A FLYING ELEPHANT.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Everyone keeps saying it looks like a dog. Either I am looking at something different or I am missing something. I see an actual human looking face there. It looks like an aborigine or a native from South America to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Why do people keep posting geological formations like they are unusual alien structures?

So you see nothing in that Dam image that is unusual?
or the fossils?

No wonder NASA has such an easy time hiding stuff

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I never understood why they would make a face facing towards the sky, I mean most statues with a face on it, faces towards us if we were standing on the ground, not toward the sky? that would be dumb.

Oh really? Ever heard of the Nazca lines in Peru? You can only see them from above and you have to be HIGH in order to make out the geometric shapes. Now why would our ancestors have done that? I guess they must have been dumb huh?

[rant]
You know I am getting a little tired of those that keep coming into threads like this...and all they do is see nothing or try to brow beat those that do and really enjoy these threads with their continuous whining about why we keep posting images like this...

WHY do YOU keep coming in here? You say you don't like it... okay fine... why do you have this pathological need to continuously harass the posters and repeat yourself over and over that all you see is rocks..

Perhaps it is YOUR perception that is faulty? Perhaps your subconscious mind is trying to get through to you? There are thousands of topics here at ATS... find one you like and stop wasting your time (and ours) where you don't want to be... No one forced you to read this thread, YOU decided to come in here...

I got a news flash for you... these threads are POPULAR... people enjoy them. The John Lear moon thread passed the 200,000 viewer mark this week... and you can bet yer bottom its "good for business"

So knock off the whining and the personal attacks... your not going to shake our beliefs anyway, no matter how frustrating that may be to you

One last question... just how much research have YOU done? How much good solid material have YOU provided to any threads? How many awards for excellent posting have YOU received?

Yeah... thats what I thought...

[/rant]

Sigh... Not only are they blind, I know it will only fall on deaf ears...

For the person who said "Enjoy the new stuff from Space..."

We do

check out my IO page...
landoflegends.us...

[edit on 22-3-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hear hear zorgon, well said. I see some of these photos as a bit imaginative at times, but most of them are still interesting enough to look at. I really can't stand the hypocrites that come in here and whinge like kids when they don't even have to be here.

For people that are actually interested in this sort of stuff, someone brought up the Nazca lines before and i'd also recommend them. They are pretty interesting earth based designs in Peru that you might like to look up. Just google "Nazca lines" or look it up on Wikipedia.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
...because, kind sir, any one member has as much a right to offer an opinion as does anyone else. Debunking is 'par' for this ATS course. If there's a little heat in the kitchen, then it makes us all a bit better, more curious, more diligent seekers of truth. Many of us enjoy interesting pictures, anomalous features, intriguing perspectives. And all should be allowed to offer their opinion - after all the OP asks us ALL, "What is going ON??!?!?

The OP is not just asking those that believe OMG!?!? - ANOTHER FACE!?! is staring at us from the Martian surface - but rather if the rest of us see the same thing -or not. Are only those that distinctly assert the photo in question depicts an artificially manufactured face/critter/machine -and nothing else - allowed to participate? Is the forum only for 'my friends, playmates, and believers - no others are invited'?

I agree, one should remain civil and academic, respectful and courteous.

But let's be realistic, shall we? If the OP tosses up yet another "photo-open-to-interpretation" accompanied by the typical over-the-top sensationalized headline - why can't some responders be equally emphatic in offering their interpretation? Who gave the OP exclusivity in posting with such sensationalism and then taking offense if others express doubts or differing opinions?

This forum, at least my understanding of it, is to express ideas, engage in meaningful discourse, explore curiosities together, and posit/debunk/counter in an effort to seek the truth about some wonderfully provocative topics. Isn't that really why we're here? That's why I'm here.

Go ahead on, Mike! I love your pictures. I appreciate the effort you go through to share them with us. And I'm sure you'll understand that in doing so you're inviting many observers to comment on them. Some of us may not see things the way you do. And that, I hope, is ok...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
...because, kind sir, any one member has as much a right to offer an opinion as does anyone else. Debunking is 'par' for this ATS course.

Quite true, and some of my best friends are skeptics...
Any serious opinion either pro or con is welcome. Serious skeptics just make me look harder for answers LOL and sometimes unwittingly actually help the cause

What I am talking about is page after page of "Its just a rock, get a life" or "I see nothing" responses. There is no constructive criticism in that. Okay we got the message... thanks for your observation...

Many of the anomalies presented do in fact end up being rocks, or just the imagination... but as people will always see those first, it is best to get them out of the way.

On the other hand it has been my experience when you find a really good sample... the skeptics are silent... Now why is that, I wonder?

Like this one... those squares are extremely interesting...

Mikes posting methods are different than mine, but he gets your attention

[edit on 22-3-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Silly Lemming! Its just below the pyramid looking lines 2/3rds down, but you need to increase the contrast a little.

thats cheating, i KNOW you've seem that before

About finding my "version" of the head....
You'll have to give me a day or so to find it, ill have to work out how to up load images, unless i can find it on the web again.

When i do, ill U2U you (eugh,disgusting mouthful of a sentence) the images and/or link

And whats with the lemming/lazy thing? Any picture that gets posted should come with the "original source" link.

YOU yourself have complained the odd occation about such things.......

...makes things flow a little easier dont'cha think

No offence to you mike

[edit on 22-3-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

[edit on 22-3-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I would suggest to a lot of people to look into the giants causeway.

very relavant to what's going on with the face on mars stuff imho

[edit on 22-3-2007 by syrinx high priest]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join